Status: Something new. Trying a new writing style. Hope It works out the way I want too!

Feel The Sun On Your Face, and the Sand In Your Toes

Jaydrian

I was nervous about Addie's party that night. The handsome and dashing River Hemington was going to be there and I had no idea how nervous I would get.

I knew that I didn't get nervous when people watched me play. It liberated me to see other people enjoy the music that flowed from my finger tips. It brought me pleasure. But the thought of him smirking made me stop in the middle of one of my newest compositions.

My fingers fall from the worn out ivory and I sit there. I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket. It was Addison. Of course.

~Addie~

Hey Jayyy :)) Don't forget about tonight!!! :D Where something cuute!!! River's going to be there!!! ;) Oh wait duhh it's for his familia. Lol. Can u spell dork?? Hahaha. Anyways, can't wait to see youuu!!! :))

I sigh. Ugh. Something cute. Huh. That shouldn't be a problem. So I thought.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I arrive to the party with a white strapless dress that was rouged at the bottom and with flower decay all over the dress and paired it will some nude pumps and my nails and toes were a burgundy. My hair was pulled up into a messy yet pretty up-do and my make-up was simple with natural colors.

I slowly approach Addie's house. I was an hour early. Only because I'm best friends with the hostess. My stomach was filled with the combination of butterflies and nausea. I've never been so nervous before. I ring the door bell not anticipating who or what might open the door.
"Jaydrian!!! Wow!!! You look stunning!!!! Where's that dress been?! I can't believe I haven't jacked it yet." Addie winks at me then halls me over to the dining/party room.

It was covered in navy blues, browns, dark purples and different shades of beiges and whites. The walls were a warm beige color and everything went perfectly together. The couches, the floor pillows, the lights, the pictures all over the walls, everything was so vintage. I loved it. Addie's parents called the room Jaydrian's. They even have a fluorescent light that says my name like at a club. It’s so amazing.

"So where's the beautiful piano that I have the pleasure of playing??”

“Before I show you your beautiful piano, you promise not scream?”

“Yes, Yes Addison. Just show me already!”

“Close your eyes jeez!”

Addie starts to push the piano into its rightful place in the room. She pulls off the cover smiles, puts her hands on her hips, and puffs her bangs out of her face.

“Alright, Jay, open!”

I slowly open my eyes to see a white grand piano with my name inscribed in gold calligraphy on top. I let out a super high pitch scream.
Addie covers her hears.

“Jay you promised!”
“OH MY GOSH ADDIE!!!!!! I get my own piano?!?! You guys HAVE to stop spoiling me!!!”
I said this as I was running over to my piano. I sit down and carefully open the lid.

“Oh snap! Its automatic?!?! Finally! Now my fingers won’t get crushed when I’m trying to close it!”

The keys were beautiful, I didn’t want to touch them, but I had too. I start to play and when I did, it was a sound I had never heard before. It sounded like magic. I myself never thought I’d feel so confident playing and hearing my music fill the room. It was so amazing. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard.

“Now, before you get too attached,..” Addie said.
My fingers fall from the keys.

“There’s another condition isn’t there?”
I feel my face getting hot.

“Only a little one.”
Addie smiles. This is going to be awful.

“What other torture could you possibly put me through?”
“Well, you have to take a picture with River. All of us do. And the photographer is requiring for him to put his arm around your waist or any female’s waist and your hand on his shoulder. It’s no big but knowing you, you flip out way too much.” Addie said the last part with an eye roll. “I mean seriously Jaydrian, he’s good looking and really sweet, and you of all people would object or freak out. Just relax, and when your relaxed, he’ll relax. Simple as that.”

Of all the years I had known Addie, I had never heard be so insightful. It was really refreshing. And I was really surprised when she said ‘good looking’ instead of hot. That only meant she was all the more serious.

“Alright Addison.”

Addie’s eyes almost pop out of her head.

“Wait, what? No reprimand or rebuttal or ‘words of wisdom’ or something? Just ‘alright Addison? What happened to Jaydrian Analy-Roel Smith and what did you do with her?”
I smile.

“Addie, here’s how it works, when you act mature, I don’t ‘freak out’. But when you act like a typical boy-crazy teen, I freak out. Get it sweetie?” I wink, pat her head, and then head to the kitchen.

“That actually makes sense.”

“Took you long enough. I swear Addie; you are a blonde at heart.”

“I know right? If it weren’t for these beautiful red curls.”
Addie scrunches her already curly red tresses. She did have beautiful hair and she had the green eyes to match. Well they were green now. They changed like a kaleidoscope from green to blue to hazel to brown.
“Seriously Jay, I can’t believe your half-half. I mean you look exactly like your mom. I mean your skin color kind of gives it away, but other than that, you’re really white.”

She laughs. I can’t help but laugh with her.

“Yeah I know huh? My hair is a medium-dark brown, my eyes are green, and my skin is like the ‘perfect tan’ color but it’s my actual skin tone. I love who I am, I just wish I could have met him.”
Addie sighs then walks over to me.

“He’s in a better place hun, a much better place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know, I did Jaydrian's P.O.V. twice xo
It just happened that way! I'm sorry! xp
Anyways, hope you guys like it.
Comments, questions, suggestions are always welcome! Thanks guys! :D