Thinkin' Bout Something

012

I looked down at the ring and smiled. It wasn’t anything serious, not even a formal type of promise ring. A laugh started in my throat and it was too much to not let out. This cause Taylor to laugh, a long hard laugh, one both of us truly needed. “You gave me a mood ring.” I continued through gasps of laughter and air.

“Of course.” He was trying to catch his own breath. “But, in all seriousness. There will be a time when Natalie will come first, and that is when the baby is born. We’re still a team, her and I. Even though it’s a broken fucked up team, that what we are.” He changed his gaze to the ocean. “I don’t want it to upset you when I drop everything to be by her side.”

“I would never be upset by something like that. That baby comes first, before Natalie, before you family, even way before me.” It was my turn to play expression reader. He seemed tense.

“I just don’t understand how I fucked up so much.” He huffed a little crossing his arms over his chest.

“You didn’t fuck up Tay.” I let my fingers brush his skin. “This baby is going to be amazing. He or she will be beautiful and the best thing that has ever happened to you.” I watched his eyes close. “Just wait, you’ll see.”

“She may not want you around it.” He said.

“Then I’ll respect that.” I shrugged.

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“You won’t be. Tay, you have to realize, its not the fame, its not the fortune, its not what you have, its who you are. I love you for you. You’re the same boy I fell in love with years ago, and was to silly to admit. If anything I feel guilty for all of this.” My hands retracted from his arm and I faced the street ahead of me. My jaw dropped slightly at my sudden realization that it was in fact, all my fault.

“Don’t blame yourself.” His hand found mine. “There is no one to blame in this situation, all we have is each other and that is all I need.” He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it.

I didn’t say anything, there wasn’t much to say to that. I looked him in the eyes and smiled. He returned it with a smile of his own and kissed my hand one more time. I beeped the van horn twice and the others made their way back. I unfolded the map and handed it to Taylor pointing to the small section called Saint Catherine’s Sound. I found my way back to the interstate and drove.

“Can we listen to some music?” Ellis questioned.

“Yeah.” Taylor answered and pushed the random mix cd into the disc player. I instantly started singing along with the music that came on.

“A scrub is a guy that thinks he’s fine, also know as a busta. Always talking bout what he wants but just sits on his broke ass! So no I don’t want your number! No! I don’t want to give you mine!” This won be a majority of jaws dropped and a fit of laughs.

“Where did you get this mix?” Ellis was choking on laughter.

“I thought it was one of ours.” Tay answered in defense but also laughing.

“Wait, so whoever rented this van before us left us a wonder present?” I exclaimed fidgeting with the buttons to find out what other treasures awaited us.
It was me who started the second one once we all realized what it was exactly “Don’t turn around, you’ll only see my heart breaking!”

It was only a few minutes into the song that we finally found a hotel. We got out and booked a single room. With our hands full we tromped up to the fifth floor room. I plugged in the cd player Ellis thankfully brought with her. I put the cd back in and stood up on one of the beds after venturing to the next track.

I pulled Micha up with me and we both started to sing the song. Crazy enough we knew it and not that we would ever admit it outside of that room. “What a man what a man what a mighty good man!” Her and I danced and sang.

“Next!” Ellis announced interrupting me mid rap.

She jumped up on the bed with us leaving the three men sitting laughing on the other bed. “Twenty five years and my life is still trying to make it up that great big hill of hope, for a destination.” We all collapsed on the bed laughing. It was as amazing as any of the mixes we would come up with.

Zac pushed the button and declared it “Sing whatever comes on.”

I cleared my throat then listened to the music for a minute, an extensive grin forming on my face. “Wake up kids we got the dreamer’s disease.” There was a collective groan from the boys sitting opposite with us but the three of us were jumping up and down on the bed dancing. When we got to the certain part all three off us broke down and sang along changing it up from our, I sing two lines you sing two lines routine.

“Fashion mag shoots with aid of 8 dust brothers Beck and Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson, you’re all fakes run to your mansions. Come around we’ll kick your ass in!”

“All right, next song!” Ike pleaded before getting up and changing it. The three of us were laying on the bed trying to catch our breath.

I started off again with the next song. “Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes and I’m taking to place where your crystal minds and magenta feelings take shelter in the base of my spine sweet like a chica cherry cola. I don’t need to try to explain I just hold on tight and if it happens again I may move so slightly to the arms and the lips and the face of a human cannonball and I need to I want to. Come stand a little bit closer, breathe in and get a bit higher. You’ll never know what hit you when I get to you. Oh I want you I don’t know if I need you but oh I’d die to find out!” I danced. I was rocking this one solo. Savage Garden being my second favorite band of the 90s only beaten out by Hanson, of course, and by default I was the only one who knew every last word to this song.

“You’re the shit.” Micha shouted kneeling down on the floor bowing to me. “Thank you, thank you.” I laughed as I bowed to my audience. “I think its time for bed though.” I stretched before laying down flat on the bed. Taylor stood up only to lay down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

“Aww.” Ellis purred. Just before Ike could do the same to her. Zac and Micha ended the trifecta of adorable.

“I love you.” Tay whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

“I love you too.” I took his hand and pulled him closer to me. His chest against my back he hummed softly to me.

“As surely as the sun rises each day, so my love will never change. And though the years, may come and go, my love will only grow and grow.” He sang gently knowing I was the only one able to hear him
“We fit together so well.” I barely made noise as I spoke.

“We’re puzzle pieces Ave.” He kissed my neck softly. “We’re each other’s missing piece and now that we’re together, we’re complete.” He ran his fingers through my hair.

“That is so fucking cute!” Micha broke the silence. “Uh, sorry.” She clasped her hand over her mouth. “You got louder, and I just needed to say what everyone was thinking!”

“Thank you Meesh.” I laughed pulling the most wonderful person in my entire world closer to me. His hair brushed my arm and I flinched at the slight tickle of it.

“You’re welcome!” She said with an amused undertone.

“I love you Ave.”

“I love you too Tay.”

“I love you three!” Ellis exclaimed.

“Shut up and go to bed!” I mocked back.

“Good night everyone.” Ike finished before giving his girlfriend a kiss. Then Zac kissed Micha and I closed my eyes.

“Good night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heck yes! Another 1440 word update. <3

questions//comments? get at me. if you have any suggestions on where I should take this let me know! I'm kind of adding a ton of filler chapters until I figure out what I want. I'd rather have drabble than nothing at all and let this die. <3