Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

Technology+Alcohol= Bad Idea.

“Gah Kate I suck at this whole flirting thing, I’m so out of practice it’s ridiculous” I said as we stood in the kitchen on Kris’ apartment. The guys chilled in the living room finishing up a movie that neither Kate or I could watch without the fear of nightmares.

“You can’t be that bad at it I mean seriously. . .”

“The last boyfriend I had was Talon . . .” Talon was my boyfriend the majority of high school, we met at freshman orientation and dated until after my fathers death. It broke my heart but I had Jamison to worry about and a father to grieve for, I could let myself dwell on it.

“Oh, that was a while ago.”

“Yea he bolted the second I told him that I was Jamie’s legal guardian.”

“Well flirting isn’t that hard. It will come back to you.”

“I like him Kate, but I feel like the more time we spend together the more we’re heading towards that dreaded friend zone.”

“Alright then time to turn it up a notch. Maybe I can get Kris to have a party tonight . . . Get a little booze into both of your systems, loosen up a bit.”

“Yes because me and shots mix so well. . .”

“That wasn’t our best idea . . . I know this now, but then quick shots before going out sounded like a good thing. . .”

“Cut to me falling over on the way to the bar and breaking my wrist. FUN NIGHT . . . Not.”

“Alright I’ll do my best to keep you away from the shots.”

“Shots of Rum to be specific . . .”

“What about shots of Rum?” Kris asked walking into the kitchen Sid right behind him. He went and placed an arm around Kate’s waist while Sid just stood a few feet from me making us look like strangers.

“Kell can’t handle her Rum it makes her get too drunk too fast.”

“Thanks Kate for telling them that. . . Now there is no doubt in my mind that I will end up drinking lots and lots of Rum because these two” I said pointing at Sid and Kris.

“We’d just make you drink enough . . Not too much” Kris winked at me with a smile. “I think this calls for a party tonight. I’ll send out a mass text to all the guys.”

“Tanger, light on the puck sluts ok?” Sid almost pleaded. “I’m so freaking tired of girls all over me.”

“Fine, girlfriends only . . .”

“Guess I’m not invited” I said with a pout.

“Hell yea you are . . . You are the reason I’m throwing it actually. And I’m going to make sure we have Rum.”

“Shit, Kate, I hate you . . . Just so you know.”

“Love you too pumpkin.”

I glanced over at Sid who had a slightly amused look on his face. “In the mean time why don’t we do something else?” he offered his eyes locked with mine.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked curiously.

I found myself in the dark room of a laser tag course, I tried to move as quietly as I could while avoiding Tanger Kate Sid and a few other teammates that had decided to join us. I was caught by surprise when I felt and hand grab a hold of me pulling me down to the ground. I let out a yelp and a groan as I hit the ground and felt a body pressed against mine.

“Shhh Kell, it’s just me” Sid said his hand covering my mouth lightly. “You alright?” he asked as I rubbed the back of my head.

“I do enjoy breathing” I let out in a strained voice.

“Sorry” he mumbled rolling off of me slightly.

“Thanks . . .” I replied my breathing was heavier, Sid’s large frame was half draped over me. His scent surrounding me in an intoxicating shower. I closed my eyes trying to commit this moment into my memory forever.

“Kell are you alright I though I heard you fall. . . “ Kate said a few feet from where Sid and I were lying hidden by an obstacle. He pressed a finger to his lips tell me to stay quiet before he shot my best friend. “Damn it . . .I see how it is . . . Screw this I’m going to go find the other guys.”

“I think Tangers is out there still . . . Wouldn’t put it past him to be all sneaky” Sid said looking around before looking at me. Our faces were only inches from one another, he licked him lips unconsciously and continued to watch my face intently. Our breathing was both labored and I swear I could feel his heart beating against my chest.

“Sid . . .” I said trying to regain my composure.

“Yea?”

“How do you know its just Tangs?”

“Well I shot Flower and V already.”

“Oh, umm I shot Tanger a while ago” I said holding the laser gun to his chest and pulled the trigger. “I win.”

“You’re sneaky.”

“But . . . Awesome” I said still tucked under him.

“Yes I guess you’re pretty awesome” he said, a small smirk on his face.

“Do you plan on getting up anytime soon?”

“Haven’t decided yet . . . Why are you uncomfortable?”

“No” I answered a little to quickly. “I’m actually very comfortable.”

“You sure?” he winked. I couldn’t fight the smile that hit my face, and the color that rushed to my cheeks. I may be a horrible flirt but he was awesome at it. If he was flirting that is. He’s starting to give me whiplash, I mean distant at Kris‘ place and then here. “We should probably find everyone else before they think we ran off.”

“Yea, probably” I whispered almost disappointed. He stood up and straightened his clothes out before helping me up.

“I can’t believe you tricked me” he said taking hold of my hand as we walked out of the course.

“I’m competitive, and I saw my opening. I had to go in for the kill” I said bumping into him slightly before looking up into him gorgeous hazel eyes.

“I was sure that as soon as I got Tanger I would be able to finish you off.”

“You were going to ‘finish me off’, make me swim with the fishes, give me a nice pair of cement shoes?”

“Do you watch a lot of mafia movies or something?”

“Yes, Godfather, Good Fellas, Scarface. All awesome.”

“You are unique.”

“So are you.”

“Meaning?”

“You’re so much more than an incredibly hot, and talented hockey star” I said as we set the vests and guns on the counter. I let go of his hand and walked over the where everyone was waiting for us, glancing back at where he stood with a smile on his face.

“I can’t believe that you killed me!” Kris said throwing his hands in the air.

“What can I say Kris, I’m obviously better at this than you. It also helps that I’m small and can fit into tight spaces.” Like under your Captain where not only did he shoot Kate but I then shot him. “And I didn’t just get you, I won by shooting Sid.”

“Nice” Marc-Andre said.

“She cheated” Sid said making me notice him standing just a few inches away from me. I rocked back on my feet and my arm grazed his slightly.

“I did not cheat. I did not once cheat. Obviously I’m just better than you” I said.

“Or I let you win” he whispered in my ear as everyone else started towards the exit to head over to Kris’ place.

“Either that or you were too distracted.”

“Distracted, ha. By what?”

“Me” I stated simply before jumping into the car.

“Kell was that flirting I saw?” Kate asked from the front seat of Kris’ car, Sid unfortunately had gotten in the other car with Vero and Flower. “And what exactly went on in there?”

“Umm you know how you came out of your hiding spot . . . Oh Kris if you mention this to Sid I’m going to personally kick you’re French-Canadian ass.”

“I won’t say anything” he said chuckling from the driver seat.

“Alright so anyways. After I shot this guy I went out looking for anyone else and the next thing I know Sid had pulled me down into his hiding spot basically pinning me to the ground. . .”

“That’s why it sounded like you hurt yourself. Gottcha continue.”

“Well after you came out to see if I was alright he shot you, but thinking that Tanger was still out there he wouldn’t let me go, not that I’m complaining, it was pretty cozy in that little nook. Tanger your Captain is seriously built.”

“Uh, thanks for the information Kelly.”

“How do you know that he’s built?”

“Besides the fact that he was shirtless this morning in my kitchen?” Kate’s mouth fell open with a gasp. “I forgot to mention the shirtless part of this morning huh? Sorry. So after he told me that you, Tanger, were still out there, I told him calmly that I had already got you and then shot him. But he didn’t move right away after that . . . We were there still for a good minute or two before he let me go.”

“He so likes you, don’t you think Kris?”

“I’m not really allowed to say anything” he said but the smirk and wink that he sent my way made me think that Sid did in fact like me. “You’ll just have to see at the party. Watch out though someone always brings a girl that is only there to hit on Sid.”

“Thanks for the warning” I said dryly.

“Just stay within an arms reach whenever you can he might need rescuing” Tanger added as we pulled up to his building. “And it wasn’t a warning . . . Think of it as more of a tip.”

“You helping me out Tangs?”

“You’re good for him” he said leaving it at that.

When I got out of the car I saw Kate and Tanger along with V and Flower partnered up walking, each couple holding onto each other. It was adorable and disgusting at the same time.

“Are you just going to stand there?” I heard to my left, I turned seeing Sid standing there his hands in his pockets looking unsure for the first time since I met him. I smiled slightly and began walking in the same direction everyone else had.

“Sid do me a favor tonight . . . Don’t let them make me drink too much.”

“What if I can’t stop them?”

“Take my cell away.”

“Take your cell away?”

“I have a problem with texting while drunk . . . Or at least I used to. Technology+ alcohol=bad idea.”

“Alright” he laughed slightly as we got into the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. As I promised a new Chapter.
Please comment, I enjoy the feedback and the sooner you comment the sooner you'll get posts! SO IT'S A WIN WIN! =)