Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

Big word for a hockey player.

Standing in the kitchen the guys handed me yet another shot of . . . You guessed it Rum, which I took chasing it with the bottle of beer that I had been nursing. They knew the one thing that could mess me up more than anything else and they were using it to their advantage. Sid stood a few feet away with an annoyed look on his face as the girl that was very obviously trying hard to get him to take her somewhere continued to talk about whatever pop into her tiny brain. Tangers words rang through my head and I walked casually up to him.

“There you are Sid! I have been looking all over for you” relief washed over his face when I lightly pushed the blond away from him. “Kris has something he wants to show . . .”

“Excuse me, I was talking to him first” she said.

“I’m sorry who are you?” I asked pretending I didn’t see her before.

“Amber.”

“Ok, well Amber sweetheart didn’t you come here with Staal?”

“I came here with a tall blond guy.”

“Wow” I let out a small laugh.

“Besides he’s way hotter” she said staring at Sid.

“Creeper” I coughed, then cleared my throat. “Sorry had a little tickle”

“You alright Kelly?” Sid asked me with a smile.

“Are you seriously trying to make a move on him? I saw him first!” she yell drawing her fist back before throwing it into my mouth.

“What the hell?” I said placing my hand over my lip. “Fucking touch me again and I’ll break that nose daddy bought bitch.”

“Kelly . . . Are you alright?” Sid asked quietly.

“Time for you to leave” Kris said with Jordan and Max behind him. They walked her out leaving me with Sid.

“This is what I get for trying to help you out” I said as he led me to the bathroom where he set me on the counter. He literally set me on the counter, like picked me up and set me on the granite.

“I’m sorry” he said taking a wet wash cloth to my face.

“Don’t be, you didn’t punch me. I’m suddenly wishing that I had actually taken those shots the guys kept pouring me.”

“What do you mean?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“This bottle” I held up the beer bottle, “was empty, it’s now full of rum so don’t drink it.”

“Clever. Did she really punch you that hard?”

“No but her fake ass ring caught my lip” I said wincing when he wiped the blood off of the fresh cut. “I’m kind of sad I didn’t get to punch the bitch back. If only . . .”

“I don’t think you’ll need stitches but if you want tomorrow one of the team docs can take a look at it.” He rinsed the wash cloth out before pressing it back on my lip, he had used cold water so I flinched slightly when it touched my skin, but it felt good after a second. We were in there for a few minutes silence filling the room both of us looking at each other then glancing away every few seconds.

“I think it stopped bleeding” he said, his voice deep and husky.

“Thanks” I whispered before sliding off the counter to stand in front of him. I turning towards the sink taking a sip of water to rinse out my mouth before turning back towards him. “Uh, yeah, I guess we should head back down.”

“Yeah I guess we should” he replied stepping closer to me pushing me against the counter before leaning down towards me his hand cupped my face and tilted my face up to meet his. His lips brushed against mine softly as his other hand snaked around to my back, he pulled away slightly a small smile spread across his face.

“Umm” was all I could manage as he took my hand and led be back to the party.

“Holy shit Kelly I’m sorry about her” Jordan said looking at my lip.

“It’s no big. She didn’t even know who you were anyways.”

“Yea, you’re just that tall blond guy” Sid said with a light laugh.

“Are you alright?” Kate asked walking up to me.

“Yea. I’m fine it’s not like I haven’t taken a punch before. Even if was a weak one.”

“Oh yeah that bitch from High School . . .” Kate said remembering the time that someone got pissed that I was friends with her boyfriend, it was the stupidest thing ever to be punched for and let’s just say that they didn’t last much longer.

“Hey Sid, can you take me home I have lots to do before Jamie comes home tomorrow.”

“Sure Kell, let’s go.”

“Bye guys . . .” I handed my bottle to Kate, “Thanks for the rum but you can keep it.”

“What . . .” she said before it clicked. “Oh, sneaky.”

“What’s sneaky?” Max asked looking between Kate and I confused.

“She did the whole spit the shot into an empty beer bottle trick” she clarified for all the guys.

“Damn she’s smart” he muttered taking a sip of his beer.

I shook my head laughing slightly as Sidney and I walked out of the apartment and down to his car. The tension that had enveloped us before seemed to have multiplied by hundreds as we sat in his car driving back to my house. Why did I have to become friends with him? Why the hell was I falling for him? Him, of all the people in this city it had to be Sidney Crosby.

“You ok Kell?”

“Yea sorry . . .”

“I shouldn’t have kissed you at Kris’ . . .” he said getting out of the car.

“What?” I asked walking up to where he stood at the bottom of my steps.

“I shouldn’t have done that I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why did you then? If you regret it and want to pretend it didn’t happen now then why did you do it?”

“I only regret it because it’s made things all awkward now.”

“It’s only awkward now because of what you’re doing . . . I was just . . . Damn it Sid. I like you a lot” I said stomping up the stairs and up to my front door.

“I like you too . . .”

“But as a friend I get it” I shook my head unlocking the door and pushed it open.

“No, listen to me Kelly. I like you, I wanted to kiss you and I still do. In fact. . .” He grabbed me firmly pulling me towards him wrapping his arms around me, one hand in my hair holding me close as he pressed his lips firmly on mine. I laced my fingers in his hair and paced my other hand on his bicep as he continued kissing me. When he pulled away he had what was soon to be a trademark smile on his face, his hold on me not loosening at all.

“Alright then” I said trying to catch my breath.

“Kelly, what are you doing next Thursday?” He asked as we steeped out of the cold in the foyer of y house.

“I have class in the afternoon why?”

“Go to dinner with me?”

“Like a date?”

“Not like a date . . . But an actual date.”

“A date on Valentines Day?”

“I was hoping you would remember that part of Thursday.”

“It’s a foney holiday that every hopeless romantic loves . . .”

“If you don’t want to then that’s fine” he said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Sure.”

“Sure?”

“Yea, it’s a date.”

“Are you going to come in and have the doc check out the lip in the morning?”

“Yea, then I have to go grocery shopping for dinner before I pick up Jamie. Which you’re still coming for right.”

“Yeah I promised him I would, besides I want to see you again.”

“You just spent the majority of the day with me and the tension.”

“What tension?”

“Please Sid ever since laser tag there has been tension. Hell ever since this morning when you were checking out my tattoo there has been tension.”

“You noticed that huh?”

“Uh huh . . .”

“The tension might have been because I really just wanted to kiss you all day.”

“You had plenty of opportunity” I teased. “The power plays were there and you didn’t go for it. . . You set up the shot but failed to take it . . . You. . .” I was cut short by his hand covering my mouth.

“Enough with the hockey analogies” he laughed.

“Big word for a hockey player.”

“Hey now . . . We’re not as dumb as they portray. Well Max might be . . .”

“Poor Max.”

“Poor Max? Should I be worried? Are you developing a crush?”

“Nope, the only one on the team that I have ever had a crush on besides Mario is you Sidney Crosby.”

“Well then” he replied with a smile. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Yea, I’ll see you in the morning” I said as he gave me a peck which led to a full blow kiss in a matter of seconds. “Go already” I said pulling away fro him, “You have practice tomorrow. If you suck at the game Jamie will be pissed, you’re like his hockey idol.”

“No pressure or anything eh?” he said causing me to giggle. Yes, giggle apparently I’m a 13year old again. Fan-fucking-tastic. “The eh thing really gets you doesn’t it?”

“Yea. It kinda does.” He kissed me again with a smirk on his face. “Go! Geesh Sid!”

“Alright alright” he said holding his hands up. “I’m going. See you in the morning.” He said stepping out of the front door, a smile plastered on his face. I waved with a smile as he got into his car turning off the porch light and made sure the door was locked before heading upstairs to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of comments. So how about we try again?
Comment to get an update.