Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

A Little Siblings Obligatory Job . . .

“JAMIE!”

“KELLY and SIDNEY CROSBY!” Jamie said sitting on the edge of his bed waiting for us to get there.

“Give me a hug Jamison” she said standing with her arms open wide, he stepped into them quickly. I hadn’t noticed before but he was the same height as her, 5’4”, at 13 he was going to pass her quickly. “You ready for the next 48?”

“Oh yeah. Can we go now? I want to feel the fresh air” Jamie said with a smile as she handed him his coat, a scarf, hat and gloves. “Geesh Kell is there a blizzard out there or something?”

“”Don’t sass me . . .”

“Did you steal that from grandma?” he said talking over her.

“She left it too me after she died much like the ability to cook your favorite meals one of which I put in the oven before coming here to get you.”

“Sweet, pot roast? With all the best sides?”

“Of course. And I managed to get the lasagnas ready for tomorrow too, all I have to do is put them in the oven.”

“Lasagnas, as in more than one?”

“Yea there are like 4 HUGE pans.”

“Why?”

“Some of my teammates are coming over for the pre-game meal” I said waiting for them to officially release Jamie.

“Some of them? 4 huge pans of my sisters homemade lasagna and it’s only some of them.”

“Yeah, Kris and Kate, Max and Chels, Flower and Vero, Goligoski, Geno, Staal, Engelland, and of course Sid. 13 people all together” Kelly said. “I have Kate and Chels bringing the salad and garlic bread. The boys are in charge of the drinks. I just have to ask one thing. When do you want your cake? Tonight or tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow duh, geesh on my actual birthday.”

“That’s what I thought. I have to bake it still.”

“Yes! You doing Aunt Jen’s icing?”

“Yep. Only the best for you Jams.”

“Alright Mr. Klein. You ready to get out of here?” a nurse asked walking in with a clip board. “I just need you to sign this Kelly.”

“Ok” she said taking the pen quickly signing the paper before handing them back to the nurse.

“Alright we’ll see you in a few days.”

“Thanks.”

“Let’s go!” she shouted grabbing a box of Jamie’s things.

“Kelly I’ve got the boxes” I said taking it from her.

“Thank you” she smiled before wrapping her arms around Jamie’s shoulders. “Apparently I brought the muscle today” she said to him with me walking behind them down the elevator and out to the parking lot.

“You guys together sis?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you guys dating or what?”

“We’re taking a risk and trying it out, Jam.”

“Good. You need that Kelly.”

“Thanks Jamie. Now let’s get home before the roast is over cooked.”

“Wow Kell, this is really good” I said taking another bite of the meal she had made.

“Thanks Sid, not that I couldn’t tell when you helped yourself to a third plate” she said with a smile. Jamie continued to eat in silence, smiling down at his plate, he too had multiple servings . “Jam, what do you want to do tonight?”

“I don’t know.”

“Loads of help Jamie.”

“Can we just chill in the living room?”

“Sure thing bud” she smiled before taking her plate to the sink. “Are you guys going to eat more then what you have already or can I put what little is left in the fridge?”

“I’m about done” I said taking another piece of meat.

“If I eat anymore I’m going to explode” Jamie said taking his plate to the sink too.

“No wonder you have a huge ass Sid” she laughed walking back to the table starting to clean up.

“Hey. Not nice Kell” I said giving her my best sad face.

“I’m immune to that look Sidney” she whispered in my ear. It was hard to ignore the tingling sensation that ran through my body when she said my name, normally it’s just Sid, never Sidney. “Jamie’s picking out something to watch so hurry up so I can put stuff away.”

“I’ll help you.”

“It won’t take that long just go out into the living room with Jamie I’ll be there in a bit” she smile at me from across the kitchen. I brought my plate over to the counter and gave her a small peck before joining Jamie.

“What are we going to watch?”

“Want to see something great?” he asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

“Umm sure why not” I said as he hit play on the remote. Suddenly a much younger Kelly popped onto the screen with 3 other girls who I’m guessing was Kate, Chelsea and Meghan, all wearing the same high school cheerleading outfits. She looked hot. Hands down no way around it. It’s just a shame that the other guys weren’t here to witness this.

‘Hello PITTSBURGH!’ she said loudly into the camera. ‘I’m Kelly.”

‘I’m Kate!’

‘I’m Chels!’

‘And I’m Megz!’

‘And not only did we rush home from the away game and ditch our guys all to watch the 2005 NHL draft, but we also are missing the Sadie Hawkins Dance’ she explained. ‘Let’s just say there are some pissed off boys.’

‘Alright so the main reason we’re watching this is because Kell here has developed a slight crush on the one the only 1st Draft pick the boy wonder from Cole Harbor Nova Scotia SIDNEY CROSBY!’ Meghan shouted into the camera like a sports announcer.

‘What can I say the boys cute, and the curls are adorable’ she said shrugging her shoulders.

‘You’re in love’ an even younger Jamie said walking into the shot.

‘Yep Jamison you got me because I said a boy is cute means that I’m actually in love with him, we’re going to get married and have lots of brown curly haired, hazel eyed babies. Dumb’ she said giving him a look that I have given Taylor a few times.

‘Please Kell don’t kill your little brother’ Kate tried to reason with her.

“JAMISON!” she shouted running into the living room turning off the TV. “What the hell Jamie!?!” She dropped her head into her hands as Jamie laughed. “I can’t fucking believe you! You’re here a whole 2 hours and you’re already busting out the SUPER EMBARASSING home videos?”

“I have to capitalize on my little sibling obligatory job and torture you as much as possible.”

“I really hate you” she groaned taking the DVD out and placing it in the case, before taking it somewhere to hide.

“You love me” Jamie called after her.

“Not right now!” we heard her yell, causing us both to let out the laughter that we had been holding in. “GAH! I seriously can’t believe you” she said sitting on the couch between us. “And you Mr. Crosby!”

“What did I do?”

“Nothing! That’s the problem!” she said playfully slapping my arm. “You just let him embarrass the hell out of me . . .”

“It’s not that embarrassing . . .” I said pulling her closer to me. “Besides I didn’t know you were a cheerleader. That outfit was hot.”

“Shut up! Oh my gosh! You are such a boy!”

“Yep.”

“Sid, really?” she shook her head as I laced my fingers with hers. “Alright Jamie what non-home movie are we going to watch?”

“Ah come on. Why not show Sid what he’s getting himself into?”

“No Jam, no more home movies!”

“Mighty Ducks?”

“Yes . . . That we can watch . . . Just like old times Jamie Jam.”

“Sweet. Which one?”

“Umm the first, then we’ll see how far we get.”

“I’m tired” Jamie said standing up from the couch after the 2nd movie. “I’ll see you guys in the morning.””

“Alright Jamie Jam, Love you baby bro.”

“Love you too sis.”

“Night Jamie.”

“Night Crosby, don’t mess with her. I may be small but I’m pretty sure I could take you if I needed too” he said giving me the brotherly look that I knew well before he walked up the stairs.

“So . . .”

“So” she said back to me smiling.

“I guess I should head out.”

“Or, you can stay . . . I mean it would save you from driving here in the morning before your practice and after practice you and some of the guys are coming here anyway so.”

“Alright then I guess I’ll stay.”

“Don’t let me talk you into it, I wouldn’t want you to stay against your will.”

“Oh, no don’t worry about that.”

“Sid . . .”

“Kell I would love to stay. It will just be like every other night that I’ve stayed here except that now I can kiss you goodnight and mean it like I want to.”

“And how is that?” she said looking up at me through her eyelashes.

“Wow, you were wrong Kelly.”

“About what?” she asked slightly shocked.

“You are a really good flirt . . . I happened to be walking by when you were telling Kate you sucked at flirting.”

“Eavesdropping Sid?”

“I needed an in somehow.” She smiled, color rushing to her face.

“Well, I have a cake to bake. How would you like to be my assistant?” she said standing in front of me.

“Do I really have a choice in the matter?” I asked. She shook her head before taking my hand, pulling me off the couch and into the kitchen.

The next morning after a breakfast - much like the one the first night I stayed over with the addition of Jamie - we all piled into my car and I drove to the arena.

“Jamie” I said killing the engine “There’s something in the trunk for you. Happy Birthday.” He smiled and looked in the back seeing the Reebok bag with a gold ribbon around it.

“No flippin way!” he shouted after I heard the zipper open.

“What is it Jam?” Kelly asked looking between the two of us.

“HOCKEY GEAR!” he shouted sitting back in the seat with the helmet placed on his head. “Thanks man!”

“No biggie” I shrugged. “There are skates back there for Kell too.”

“I’m sorry what?” she said with a frightened look on her face.

“Kell hasn’t skated in forever, this could be fun.”

“Jamie, just get your shit and let’s get in there alright.”

“Yeah Jamie get your shit. You’re suiting up with us this morning” I said laughing as a look of pure shock and excitement covered his face. “Don’t worry I cleared it with coach the other day.”

~Kelly’s POV~

“Good job on not telling him” I whispered in Jamie’s ear. “This could be fun.”

“I figured you’d want to play it up a bit” he smiled.

I wrapped my arm around my little brothers shoulders as we walked with Sid into the arena and to the locker room.

“Guys you remember Kelly, this is her brother Jamie” Sid said introducing Jamie to the rest of the team.

“Hey Jamie, good seeing you again” Rupp said smiling down at Jamie.

“Hello Mr. Rupp” Jamie said getting nervous. He always busts out the formalities when he’s nervous.

“MR RUPP! HAHAHAHAHA” Max said falling into his stall with laughter.

“Jamie come here” Sid said. Jamie walked over with the bag of gear that Sid got him. “This is going to be your stall for the day” he said pointing to the ‘Klein’ name plate above the stall, just like the ones above all the players. “Suit up kid.”

I took that as my cue to leave, it had come just in time for my eyes to start to water. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and ran right into someone.

“I am so sorry” I said finally looking up. “Shit, Coach Bylsma. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Kelly Klein right?”

“Yes sir.”

“I heard that your brother was going to be joining us today” he said with a smile.

“Yes. Thanks for letting him. It’s his dream to play hockey with the Pittsburgh Penguins, granted as an adult and being paid for it but” I shrugged my eyes still watery.

“It’s no problem, we like doing these sort of things” he said. “Sid tells me that it’s just the two of you.”

“Yea, our father died 5 years ago of the same thing Jamie has and our mom left after Jamie was born. We have aunts and uncles but they aren’t here. I didn’t want to take Jamie out of the school he’s been going to for his whole life.”

“That’s a lot of responsibility to undertake.”

“Yes sir.”

“You’re going to school for Sports Medicine, at Pitt right?”

“Yea, I’ll be done this summer.”

“Have you given any thought in what you’re going to do after graduation?”

“A little, I want to stay in the city so that Jamie can finish school. I’m not really sure beyond that” I said as we walked towards his office.

“Did you know that there will be an opening with the team in the fall?” he asked sitting behind his desk.

“No I was unaware.”

“You should apply” he said plainly looking over the papers in his hand.

“Yea?”

“Yes.”

I sat in the box watching the guys practice incorporating Jamie into the drills as much as he could. During the shoot out drill he managed not to be mustache boy by beating Cooke in the last round.

“These aren’t the kind of skates I’m used to Sid” I said as he laced them up for me.

“You’ll be fine. I won’t let you fall” he winked before standing up in front of me.

“You should worry more about keeping up” I said jumping off the bench and on to the ice before speeding off around the boards. I flew past Sid and Jamie, hearing Jam laugh at the dumbfounded look on Sid’s face. After a few laps I came to a stop beside Jamie smiling at them both.

“What the . . ?”

“My sister was a speed skater in high school” Jamie explained.

“I don’t do figure skates, or hockey skates. I’m all about the speed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YEAH! the comments! I love comments they make me happy! =D

I have zero intention on tell you why there will be tears shed later on . . . I'd rather you just yell at me later for it. I just know that I bawled like a baby writing a couple parts.

I don't really have anything in Jamie's POV written but I might be able to squeeze in a little bit here and there from him. It could be fun, I happen to love Jamie and in my mind he's the coolest little guy ever! A combination of several kids that I know, taking their most adorable qualities and making one epically awesome kid!

It's been facebooked. You know it's serious when you go to the trouble to announce it to the Facebook world. (loved that comment by the way)

COMMENT MORE PLEASE I LOVE IT! especially since this once seems to be a huge chapter . . . don't ask how that happened it just did, you should enjoy it =)