Status: done comment please! =)

Jamison's Wish

But I can’t tell you or it won’t come true.

~JAMIE’S POV~

This was seriously going to be the best birthday ever, it already is. I’ve been spending the day with my idols! Hockey’s greatest, Mario Lemieux even showed up and wished me a happy birthday! I had breakfast with Sidney Crosby, he got me the best birthday present ever, hockey gear. I got to suit up and participate in their practice, well kind of basically I got to skate around and shoot at Flower a little, but it was still awesome! Then Kelly completely awed Crosby by out skating him, that’s my sister, she’s awesome.

When we got back to the house I decided to take a quick nap before the guys got here for food and birthday cake. So I left Sid and Kelly to themselves, I don’t get it after all the stuff I’ve read in her magazines all they seem to do is sit on the couch and just chill it’s nothing like I thought. They should be all over one another, making out and what not. At least they seem happy together, that’s a good thing. They need to be happy together, I want them to work out.

I couldn’t fall asleep right away my brain was in hyper-drive.

I know that my condition can change in a flash, I can be good today and tomorrow I can be knocked flat on my back. I saw it first hand with my dad, it sucked watching him get worse and worse on a daily basis then looking better the next only to have him be gone in a blink of an eye. Kelly was strong for my sake she put on a brave face during the day but at night after she thought I was asleep I could hear her crying through the wall, and it broke my heart.

Now I’m the one doing this to her. I have no control over what is happening to my body, all I can do is hope that things get better. But if they don’t I need Kelly to have someone to take care of her, and I think that person could be Sid, maybe. I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure she works on her relationship with him, she needs someone there to help her stay together if something bad happens, just like she was there for me.

“Jamie! It’s dinner time little bro” Kelly said sitting on the edge of my bed. “Are you having a good day?”

“Yea, it’s been awesome Kell” I said sleepily.

“Good! I’m glad that you took a nap because it’s going to be a long evening.”

“I can’t wait for the game” I said standing up and walking down stairs with her.

“It’s going to be awesome! The seats Sid got us are ice level” she said enthusiastically.

Dinner was fun, all the guys were funny constantly making us laugh, if she stayed with Sid she wouldn’t just have him she’d have a whole family, Kelly fit in with them well. They all, as a whole, fit together to make this collective unit each one having their role, it was good to see that she would be ok.

“Cake?” Kelly asked after we sat at the table for a while.

“Yes! How can I say no to birthday cake?”

“I honestly don’t know” she shrugged walking to the kitchen before returning with candles lit all over the top. “Umm we still have to sing, well everyone but Sid” she said nudging him slightly. I thought hard about what I should wish for and it hit me. I knew exactly what to wish for.

But I can’t tell you or it won’t come true.

Sitting in the arena with Kelly and her hot friends was awesome, she was right the seats were amazing I could literally see the sweat dripping of their faces! I didn’t want the game to end! After the 2nd intermission when the guys came out they even put a happy birthday on the big screen! The rest of the game flew, they won which really is all that matters. We went back down to the locker room and waited for Sid to get ready so he could give us a ride home. It took forever but I guess that’s what happens when you’re a hockey star and everyone wants a piece of you.

Back at the house I walked a little ahead of Kell and Sid to give them a few moments of alone time.

“Thanks for everything today Sid.”

“It’s no problem, I had a good time” he said pulling my sister into a hug. Ok, so I was spying a little, and eavesdropping. I’m a little brother sue me! “What are you doing tomorrow?”

“I was thinking about just spend a bit of brother sister time with him, I don’t know when I’ll get the chance again” she said softly. She was sad, I could hear it, she wanted to spend the day just the two of us incase I died. “I’m scared Sid.”

“I know, it’s ok to be scared though” he said rubbing her back. “Everything is going to be fine. No matter what ok?” she nodded.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow? I have to take Jamie back in at 4 . . .”

“You could come over and just hang out.”

“Ok” she replied, it looked like they were going to kiss so I went into the living room and sat on the couch. I know I shouldn’t have watched them but it made me feel better about her life without me. If something were to happen I know that he’s going to stay by her and help her through everything. She maybe my older sister but I still feel the need to protect her as much as I can.

“Hey Jam” she said sitting next to me on the couch. She pulled me into a hug holding me tight. “Did you have a good birthday?”

“The best, thanks Kell.”

“Anything for you baby bro.”

“Is there cake left? It is still my birthday for a few more hours” I said trying to lighten the mood a bit.

“I saved us 2 pieces” she smile walking towards the kitchen. “You get the milk and I’ll recover the hidden treats.”

We sat at the island joking around eating the last pieces of my birthday cake talking about everything we’ve done together on my past birthdays and how next year we would plan something way better than this year, although, I don’t know how this one could be toped.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go just for you a chapter in Jamie's POV. I'm not sure if their will be another one like it just because i had to try and find a place to fit it in. Luckily it worked out that i had room here.

I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of comments this time around, but I'm willing to give you another shot, hopefully the young eyes of Jamison will spark some thought. =)

Thank you to those who did comment, and subscribers in general. I love you all and am super stoked that you're reading!

Comment Please!