Your Lips Are a Hot Flame, Baby And Our Chemistry Is Kerosene

Delicious Honey Chicken

"Good morning Elle," I said as I stepped into the kitchen in my PJ’s.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," she replied flipping through the channels, "what’s for breakfast?" she asked as I scrubbed my eye.

"Uhm," I said searching through the fridge, then moving to the pantry, "pancakes?"

"With eggs?" she suggested.

"Sure," I said grabbing a stove and getting down to business.

"So," she said nonchalantly, "how was your date last night?"

I laughed, "what date?"

"Oh please," she said throwing glares at me, "you saw that kid yesterday."

"I saw many kids yesterday."

"You know which one I’m talking about," she said pausing, "the one with the shaggy hair and the scary eyebrows," I laughed.

"You know," i giggled, "I actually like his eyebrows."

She looked at me awkwardly, "well, I guess they’re not ugly.. they’re just.. too big? Thick? Dark? Chunky?"

"Whatever," I said shaking my head.

"You still haven’t answered my question."

"It wasn’t a date," I said looking at her, "we just.. hung out."

"You seem to be doing that with him a lot lately," she shrugged.

"It’s been twice!"

"That’s the most you’ve hung out with anyone this summer."

"You know," I said while beating the eggs, "I think I’m just going to put a lot of salt in your pancakes to add some taste," I smirked.

"You wouldn’t dare to," she narrowed her eyes.

"You have no idea what I’m capable of," I giggled and she followed. After a couple of minutes of comfortable silence, I decided it was time to spill the beans, "he’s a nice guy you know.." I began.

She turned off the TV and walked up to the kitchen table, sitting at her spot, watching me finish breakfast.

"I have a good time with him," I said looking at her smirk, "he can really be a fun guy.."

"So you like him?" she asked interested.

"Well, I wouldn’t say I like him," I said trying to play it off.

"Sure," she said rolling her eyes, "I’m sure every time you see him, or even just when you think of him, you get butterflies in your stomach," she glared at me.

I took my eyes off of my creation and looked at her in the eye, smirking, giving her my obvious answer with that smirk; "I don’t know," I said giggling.

"You know," she began, "there’s no reason to be ashamed of liking anyone."

"Yeah but, I don’t think he’ll like me back; ever. I think I kinda ruined whatever possible possibility that ever existed on my infamous speech."

"I think, you created any possible possibility with that infamous speech of yours," she giggled.

I looked up at her once more, smiling, "you know," I paused for a second smiling at myself, at my stupid giddiness, "he kissed me last night."

Her jaw dropped, "and you didn’t even want to admit to liking him," she shook her head, "was he a good kisser?"

"Well, I was too distracted with the taste of honey chicken," I shrugged.

"What?" she asked quickly.

"We ate Chinese before," I explained, placing the pancakes on plates.

"Oh," she said, "how romantic."

"Tell me about it," I said handing her her plate.

She received her plate gladly, immediately drowning her pancakes and eggs in syrup. Right then Teenage Dirtbag began playing from my phone.

I picked it from my sweater and flipped it open.

good morning delicious honey chicken
-Alex

My sister stared at me as I gazed at my phone, then back up at her; now wearing a wide smile on my face.

"Go drink some hate-o-rade," she said smiling.

I laughed at this last comment, "what?"

"Seriously, your bitchiness is wearing off and now I’m going to have to deal with a TV game show host."

Laughing and even more confused I asked once again, "what?"

"You’re always happy and with that stupid grin on your face. I swear, I wanna slap it off," she said digging back into her pancakes.

"Oh, go fuck Andy, you need it," I smirked and dug into my own pile.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo
Pansy