I'm Thinking It Must Be Love

Someone Who Cares

I sighed impatiently as I swung my legs. Of all the possible things to be doing this early in the morning, this was not one of the options I liked. In fact, having my ass glued to the top of the little kids’ slide at the park was not the best way to spend the morning. Maybe if I had been able to sleep I wouldn’t be in this situation.

My hands were still rough from the crazy glue that had been used to glue me. I was definitely going to get Savana back for this one. I suppose this could have been her revenge for something I wasn’t aware that I had done. Whatever the reason, I finally gave in and called Pete, knowing he lived closest to the park, but it was still at least ten minutes to wait.

I shifted my weight slightly, biting my lip. How long had it been already since I’d called? “Hey,” Pete said, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up, giving a small grin as I continued swinging my legs.

“Took ya long enough,” I laughed, noting he wasn’t carrying an extra pair of jeans. Had he not taken my request seriously? “Did you bring pants?” I considered that I could have called my roommate, Claudia, to come get me at four in the morning when this has first happened, but I figured she was sleeping and wouldn’t be too happy about the fact that this was the fourth time this month that something of this accord had happened.

“Uhm, yeah…” he trailed off. I knew that curious look in his eyes.

I clapped happily. “Good!” He laughed and leaned against the slide, close to my left leg.

“How long have you been here?” He looked over his shoulder towards the parking lot and I could tell he was asking how the hell I got here, too.

I shrugged, my smile fading. “A while.” I knew he hated those answers that gave away nothing.

“Wanna go for ice cream?” he asked with a smile.

I nodded frantically with a huge smile. “Yeah! I want cookie dough ice cream!!” I was overwhelmed with the urge to kiss him, but I ignored it. I had just gotten out of one relationship and I was not about to get into another. Especially not with a guy that people adored.

What if something happened and then everyone hated me? Or if something happened, it could be anything, and we ended up on the front cover of a tabloid magazine? I wasn’t going to let that happen.

“Cookie dough it is!” Pete exclaimed before he turned and started walking towards his car. He stopped when he was a quarter of the way there and turned, staring at me. “Aren’t you coming?” I squirmed as he watched me, finally giving up and letting out a small annoyed sigh.

I shrugged and tried to push myself off the slide with no luck. Those jeans (and my butt) were staying where they were. “I’m stuck,” I admitted as I heard a ripping sound. “Damn. I really liked these jeans, too.” I frowned.

“Stuck?” he asked with an amused grin. If I wasn’t stuck, I would’ve hit him. I bet he wanted to take pictures and leak them on the internet.

“Savana glued my butt to the slide. Then she took my car…” I trailed off when I noticed that look on his face. I wasn’t sure if he was trying not to laugh or if he was planning something, but whatever it was, it probably wasn’t good. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“She… glued your ass… to the slide?” he asked slowly, probably making sure he heard right or that I wasn’t making up some bogus story. I knew he wasn’t always sure with me, and truth be told, I wasn’t always either.

I nodded as memories of similar occasions flooded my head. “Yeah, well actually, my jeans, but you know. Whatever. Same difference, right?” I asked, shrugging it off.

Pete frowned. “Why do you always say I can’t meet your friends?” he whined. I knew that he was referring to my friends that weren’t in my band and that didn’t go on tour with me. He was talking about Savana and Claudia. I’d known them both for so long and had so many stories about shit that we’d done. Savana was prone to late nights of video games and calling at 1:08 in the morning to tell you that her video game character had a baby, along with stunts like this that involved something stupid. And Claudia, she was more of an older sister to me than anything else, but she still did crazy stuff like taking me to get a tattoo or two when I was drunk.

“The world would implode,” I said in a bored, uninterested tone. I didn’t let guys in bands meet my friends unless they came out on tour.

“Drama queen,” he muttered before he walked back over to where I was. He was much closer than before, standing between my legs, his hands landing on my hips. “So what do you want me to do?”

I decided to go with sarcasm. “Obviously, I want you to rip my pants off and fuck me right here,” I said, a small smirk playing on my lips. His expression changed and I blushed, quickly adding, “I was just kidding. Uhm… Help?”

He stared at me for a minute. “So it isn’t like Texas? I’m not the one that needs pants?” he asked. I drew in a deep breath, trying not to laugh at the fact that he had brought that up.

“It’s not like Texas,” I sighed. “But really, I would love to get out of here before anyone shows up and I have to walk across the park in my panties…”