Status: Active<3

Rhythm of Love

Numb

Alex's Point of View

I groaned at Nora's timing. Just as Behind the Unknown was cleared to come back tommorrow, she fainted. Leave it to a girl to faint onstage. She probably forgot how to breathe.

Behind the Unknown carried her offstage and suddenly Eli was there, helping to support her. Damien eyed them end turned to look at me, a smug smile on his face. I turned around and walked out of the building, tired and irritated and wanting to keep my anger in check.

A sigh from behind me had me turning abruptly to see Mitch following me. I sent him a questioning glance and turned back around to keep walking.

He said nothing as he fell into step with me, and I wondered why he was following me since I had no idea where I was going. Despite that, we were stopped in the parking lot by two screaming girls.

One of them began spewing words in rapid French and I looked over at Mitch, who had actually paid attention in French class. He took note of my expression and sighed.

"She's going on and on about how amazing we were and how cool it is that we're friends since we're in different bands."

I couldn't find the words to explain that we weren't friends so I didn't bother. The girl talking in French said something that sounded like a question and Mitch decoded it for me.

"They want to go out. Hang out somewhere." I shrugged listlessly and angled toward my truck, Mitch and the two girls following. We all got in and I sighed.

"My uncle's bar?"

"Why not," Mitch said, turning to the girl that had been talking and starting a conversation with her in fluent French. The other girl, who sat up front with me, said nothing and kept her eyes on the road.

We arrived at the destination and Mitch and his French girl walked inside. I watched them go and turned away.

"This is my Godmother's husband's bar," the other girl said in English, paired with a light french accent. "Her name is Hellin Barlow." I looked at her.

"That's my aunt." She nodded.

"I figured as much. Sorry about Dawn," she said with a glance at the bar. "She forgets she is in America sometimes." I shrugged and started walking toward the park, the girl following me. "Your name is Eli right?" I scowled.

"Wrong. My name is Alex."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Hellin always says Eli isn't a good kid and I guess I'm just more familiar with his name." I didn't say anything, just kept walking. "I'm really sorry, Alex--"

"Don't be," I said curtly. "You made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes." She slipped her hand onto my elbow and I stared down at it in shock. To distract myself I asked, "What are you doing here? In America, I mean."

"My dancing group raised enough money to come," she said. "We've got some kind of competition starting next week." We arrived in the park and I stopped, frozen. Why was I here? Why was I moving toward the forest? Why was she following me?

"It's not safe in there-" I started lamely.

"I'll have you with me, right? I'll be just fine." I groaned internally, pulled my arm away from her, and headed into the forest. Everytime I paused she rubbed against me, never failing to turn me on, and I kept my eyes ahead.

I found the clearing with the willow and I noticed that its branches weren't sagging so much, its old bark peeling away to show new, healthier bark drippng sap. The heart Nora had carved into the tree was long gone, as was the 'note' Nora had carved into the base. The tree had revived itself, showing no sign of us anywhere, but the forest floor looked as if just a few minutes ago Nora and I had done what a girl should not do with her boyfriend's brother.

In fury and pain I cried out and punched the Willow. Pulling back, I saw that my knuckles were bleeding and covered with sap. I wiped them off on my jeans.

"What are you doing, Alex?" my companion asked. She grabbed my hand and cupped it to her chest, looking up into my face. I looked away.

"I hate this place. I hate these memories. I hate her!" I shouted, falling to my knees. Anger, pain, need, want, it was all coursing through my veins. It hurt. I wanted out.

"Who, Alex?" she asked. I shook my head and she kneeled in front of me, cupping my face in her hands. "It will be alright, Alex," she whispered. Staring into her eyes, the feelings faded, replaced by a numbness I accepted easily. She pressed her lips to mine and I let her. I wanted her to.

I wanted to let go of it all. Most people wouldn't, but I wanted to feel numb.

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there.

The next morning I realized I don't even know the girl's name.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG Chapter 21. It took me and another person a month and a half to get that high. It took me and Mikayla a week! 0.o

Haha Alex is such a whore X3

TY for reading! 60 readers! Woop!

<3 Schiz♪