Get Me Out of My Mind

We Have Cause To be Uneasy

I woke up to the sound of the door closing. I sat up and rubbed at my eyes, Lizz was still asleep. I reached under my pillow for my phone. It was only eight thirty and I could already hear a blow dryer going. Who the hell gets up this early on a weekend? Genevieve’s cries echoed through the apartment. I figured I’d check on her since there was nothing else to do. I walked out of the living room and to the hall, into the nursery. I scooped her out of the crib and figured she was hungry.

“Oh Garrett, thanks for getting her. She probably needs her diaper changed,” Claudia took her out of my arms, “do you mind making her a bottle?”

I shook my head “no prob.”

I walked back where I came from but took a right into the kitchen. I fixed up the bottle and heard a moaning sound. I walked back to the living room, “Lizz?”

“Mmm,” she mumbled.

“Are you feeling okay?”

“I might puke.”

“I’ll be back okay,” I felt bad leaving but I had to give Claudia the bottle.

I went back the nursery, She was sitting in the rocking chair humming to Genni.

“umm here,” I handed the bottle to her and pointed to the door, “I’m gonna go check on Lizz.”

“What did she do now?”

“she’s feeling sick.”

“not again,” Claudia got up and continued feeding Genni while walking out of the room.

I followed after her, what did she mean not again? Does this happen all the time? Maybe coming out here to hang out with Lizz was a bad idea I mean sure we haven’t seen each other since warped tour, but she was out here on official band business and I’m just intruding.

“Lizzie are you okay?”

“I feel like shit,” she moaned.

“I don’t have any fruit bars I’ll have to go pick some up for you.”

“fruit bars?” I asked wondering what popsicles had to do with anything.

“her tummy hates her and she can’t eat anything but fruit pops.”

I nodded Lizz had never mentioned her stomach problems before, I mean knew she had trouble sleeping. I watched as Claudia turned around and headed back towards the nursery. She stopped and stared at something, “what are you doing here?”

“Lizz said I could, umm whose house is this?”

“Mine, well Mine and William’s,” She turned and since Lizz was sick she glared at me, “Did
you guys seriously let someone come into my home without permission?”

I stared down at my shoes I felt guilty I mean I told Lizz it was a bad idea but she wouldn’t listen. I could have at least given Claudia a heads up or something earlier, damn I really hope she doesn’t kick me out. I want her to like me, Lizz is so close to her.

“he needed a place to stay,” Lizz added.

“Yeah Jon kicked me out for walking in on him and Cassie sexing it up,” I looked up in time to see Brendon shudder, “Jon is into some kinky shit.”

Claudia’s expression changed to one of pity.

Lizz finally sat up, “what kind of stuff is he into?”

We all stared at her, I found it amusing that she even wanted to know.

“what the fuck is wrong with you,” Brendon shouted causing Gen to cry again.

Claudia glared at me before turning back towards Brendon, “thanks for freaking Gigi out with all your shouting. Lizz why don’t you play some Left 4 Dead or something. Garrett you should get dressed, you’re coming with me to Wal-Mart.”

“wait why do I have to go?” I whined. I’d much rather stay here and blow up zombies than go shopping.

She shrugged, “I need the company and Lizz is sick, so yeah I’m gonna go change Gigi now.”

“Gigi?” Brendon asked taking a seat next to Lizz who was now turning the X-box on.

“it’s her nickname for Genevieve.”

He nodded, “yeah Spin mentioned something about her.”

I got up, “guess I have to change.”

I dug through my duffel bag and found a pair of jeans. We had just gotten here yesterday and we already had one person sick, a new addition, an angry mother, and a shopping trip, Lizz’s band mates wouldn’t get here til the end of the week when they have the meeting with Pete, this is going to be terrible.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright so I know I took forever to update and I'm not too sure how I want Garret to come off as but I hope this chapter wasn't completely terrible