‹ Prequel: Forget About It
Status: Finished!

Therapy

Chapter One

“Okay, well just get on over here.” I hung up on my best friend Paula, who actually lived next door, and threw my blackberry softly on my bed. The bell rang way too quickly, but nevertheless I grabbed the Marlboros in my soft pack, skipped down the stairs in my white tee and the green plaid shirt and opened the curtain to the front door. Unfortunately, that was not Paula smirking at me.

“What the…? Why?” I groaned while opening the glass door and rubbed my temples.

His too familiar chuckle erupted and caused me to look at him: “It’s super nice to see you as well Miss Kasey. Were you planning on surprising me with absolutely nothing on?”

I gave him a disgusting look: “Just-“

“Alex!?” Paula came from her house and jumped him in a hug.

“That was closer to the reaction I was hoping for.”

I shook my head, took out a cigarette, handed Paula one and lit up: “What are you doing here?” I asked the guy in the black skinnys; a flannel shirt and the same messed up, brown hair, who was standing in front of me.

“I miss my best friend,” his velvet voice, I secretly missed as well, answered.

I groaned, “Tell me the real reason why you are here, Alexander William.”

Alex stood right in front of me, stole my cigarette and snipped it away. Then he started to stare right into my eyes.

“I’ll just…come back.” Paula awkwardly said and left.

To tell you the truth, I didn’t want to be alone with him. It wasn’t because I didn’t trust him or he was dangerous. No, I just didn’t know why he was here. He was the least scary guy I have ever met, a sweetheart actually, it’s just – we broke off all contact and I never expected to see him again, especially not after what I had done to his best friend.

Our starring contest became intense and I felt myself wanting to smile, but I wouldn’t let that happen. I couldn’t go back to the old lifestyle.

“Gaskarth,” I whispered, not breaking eye contact.

Alex blinked: “I hate my full name. It sounds strange when you say it.”

“I won,” I turned and walked into my house.

“I just really miss you, ohkay? No one besides Zach and Matt actually know that I’m here.”

I raised my eyebrows. Why would he come across the ocean, every 3,976 single mile to visit me and not tell his band mates? Sure, we were really close. Best friends – but only as long as it lasted. It ended though, it ended when I left and I clearly instructed to just let me go.

“What Kase? We are best friends, right? You want me to beg?” Immediately Alex kneeled in front of me, “Can I pweeeaaasssee stay here for two weeks? Hang out with my bestest friend? Cheer her up?”

I sighed, “Alex, I go to school. Plus, he would be offended by that statement.”

“One, he didn’t hear that. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. Two, your classes are at night from like six to ten, that gives us plenty of time to hang out and thirdly, you are still jobless.”

“How do you-“

“I read your blog, follow you on twitter. Everyone still does, it sorta makes us feel more safe, knowing what you are up to.”

I inhaled sharply and huffed.

“Jack won’t find out. Two weeks and I’ll leave.”

I walked into my parent’s kitchen and sat in my regular spot. “It’s not him, it’s just-“ I paused, trying to figure out how to say this the right way. I closed my eyes, avoiding his poppy-dog gaze. “I missed you too. I miss you all, but it’s best if you leave.”

“Nope,” he popped the p sounding all cheery as if I just told him that I got a puppy dog and named it Alex. “You miss us as well, you want me to stay. I ain’t leaving now.”

“Alex,” I exhaled, “that’s just it. I made a decision, you should respect it.”

“I flew all the way over here.”

“Well you should have called and asked first.”

“You are just plain old mean.”

“You are just a pain in the ass.”

“Jack said you guys never had anal, so technically you wouldn’t know how-“

“Alex!” I cut him off and busted out laughing, “I hate you. You made me laugh.”

“You don’t hate me.”

I looked at him and was immediately attacked by his pouting face I was trying so hard to avoid.

“Fine, you get to stay.”

In the next second I was picked up and spun around in Alex’s arms until I ordered him to put me down.

“You know, I rented a car and drove from the airport to your house, all alone?”

“Wow,” I replied sarcastically, “you are all grown up!”

“Shut up, the streets in this country are fucking tiny and extremely scary.”

I laughed at him before he launched himself at me and I ran up to my room before he could tackle and tickle me.

The next few hours were spent by planning out the next fourteen days. As for tonight, it was Friday and Paula and my favorite electro group were playing, so I’m forcing Alex to come along.

“It’ll be memorable – you know as well as I do that German raves are the best.” I giggled getting off my bed to pick out my outfit.

“What shall I wear?” Alex remained laying on my bed.

“Something you won’t mind getting dirty.”

“I’ll go naked then. Oh wait-“ he got up and opened my top drawer of my dresser, “do you still have-“

“Get. Out. My. Underwear. Drawer.” I slapped his hand away.

He pouted at me, “Fine, I’ll find something. Change here?”

“No way.” I grabbed my black jeans and white top and walked into the bathroom next door. Apparently that didn’t stop Alex, so I pushed him out and locked the door to change quickly.

I applied eye shadow and colored my lips dark red while Alex was surfing online. About an hour later we were off to a restaurant. He convinced me on dinner before a night out, so we were meeting Paula at the venue in an hour and a half.