Status: Active

Others Have Excuses, but I Have My Reasons Why

Is It True

I hear Awake and Alive drifting through my room and begin to look around for my phone; about three minutes later I find it and see that Megan is calling me. “What’s up love?”

“We’re all hanging out today and we’re wondering where you are!” Megan nearly screams.

“I was trying to sleep since, ya know, I had to deal with bullshit airlines all day yesterday and just want to sleep,” I somewhat whine as I sit up on the side of the bed.

“Well, I’m sorry I want to hang out with you. Be here in 40 or else hooker,” Megan says before hanging up making me laugh.

I stretch, making my back crack about thirty times due to the shitty airplane seat, and slowly make my way to the bathroom where I take a shower and slip into a matching pair of boy shorts and bra before doing my makeup. After quickly braiding my wet hair I look in my closet and pull out a stripped black and grey halter top and dark wash skinny jeans. Once I’m all dressed I grab my phone and quickly call Zacky as I slip on my cherry sandals.

“Hey babe,” he answers automatically bringing a smile to my face.

“Hey. Megan just called me and wants us to hang out,” I say quickly making sure I have everything I’ll need in my tote bag I’m using as a purse for the day.

“I know; I’m over at her and Bri’s place now,” he says with a slight laugh.

“Oh, OK. Well, I’ll be there in a few; love you,” I say smiling checking my reflection in the mirror one last time before heading down the stairs.

“Love you too; and you better be,” he says with a slight laugh before hanging up.

I quickly slip my purple sunglasses on before climbing into my car and making the short trip over to Megan’s. When I pull up I realize everyone else is already here. “Anybody home?” I call out as I enter the house to hear several voiced call out that they’re in the living room. “Hey,” I say smiling as I walk into the room and look around for a seat; giving up after a few minutes and settling in Zacky’s lap.

“Hey,” Zacky says quickly giving me a peck on the lips.

“Megan what the fuck are you watching?” I ask looking at the TV.

“That’s what we’ve been asking her since we got here,” Val says sighing as she slightly rolls her eyes.

“It’s teen mom and be careful because it’s as catchy as a cold,” she says with a cheesy smile.

“Please tell me you can talk her into changing the channel,” Johnny says nearly begging me.

“I can only hope,” I say with a slight laugh. “Can we please watch something else… perhaps one of the Scary Movies?” I ask batting my eyelashes.

“Chris you may as well give up the innocent act; we’ve all known for a while you’re anything but,” Matt says laughing.

“Shut up! I can act innocent if I want to,” I pout before sinking back into Zacky as I cross my arms.

“No you can’t and since I’m tired of you guys bitching I’ll put in Scary Movie. Does that please everyone?” Megan asks rolling her eyes.

“I love that movie,” I say smiling as the credits for Scary Movie roll through the screen. “Now it’s cig time,” I say standing up before walking over to my purse.

“I’ll come with,” Megan says with a huge smile as she jumps up from the couch and is at my side in nearly two seconds.

“OK?” I more ask than say, looking at her oddly, as we make our way outside. “You’re following me out here because?” I ask Megan as I light up and sit down on one of the benches facing her house.

“First off I just want to say I hate you before you’re so tan and secondly I want to know if it’s true,” she says staring at me.

“If what’s true?” I ask after a few seconds and I’ve figured out she isn’t going to elaborate anymore.

“If you told him you love him,” she says looking at me like I’m retarted.

“I did and I meant it. It’s helped ease the tension that was there a lot. I feel like for once I can finally be happy in the relationship I’m in and I don’t have to constantly have my guard up,” I say smiling.

“Well, I’m happy that you’re happy… I just think it’s weird that Zacky is the one making you this happy,” Megan says slightly giggling.

“Shut up woman! Who knows Megan; maybe this could be the first happy ending in my life for a relationship. What kills me is that now I feel like if I’d seen it sooner life would have been so much easier,” I confess as I put out my cig.

“Life has a funny way of being a bitch while making things work out for the best,” Megan says as we get up to go back into the house.

“I guess it does,” I say a few minutes later as we walk back into the living room after having though it over for a few minutes.

“Guess what does what?” Zacky asks as I sit down in his lap.

“Nothing,” I say smiling as I cuddle back into him and Megan puts in Scary Movie 2. Three movies later I’m yawning and stretching. “Well, I’m going to be a party pooper and head out,” I say as I stand up.

“You sure?” Zacky asks looking slightly sad.

“Yeah; I’m exhausted. See ya’ll later,” I say waving to everyone and quickly kissing Zacky before heading to my car and back to my place where I crawl up the stairs and into my bed cursing jetlag and whishing there was a cure for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit