‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Twenty Two.

“So how was the movie marathon?” Hayden questioned as we sat opposite each other on the floor in the lounge section of the bus.

We were currently on route to Manhattan and for once in my life I was awake before everyone else, yes that’s right, I was awake before ten, before nine, actually. How impressive.

“It was lame as hell, I got majorly grossed out.” I laughed as I brought the mug of Coffee I was holding up to my lips before taking a sip.

“What did you watch?” She asked, an amused expression playing across her lips.

“Saw to Saw three.” I said as I shuddered.

“Oh come on, they’re not scary!” She scoffed.

“They’re gory, though! Especially bloody.” I cringed as I drank some more Coffee.

She shook her head and laughed. “What are the chances of Collin being able to sing, do you think?”

I shrugged. “It’s only been a day, and considering how he could hardly speak yesterday I doubt it”

“Would you-”

“No.”

“But Taylor-”

I put my mug down and ran a hand through my hair. “Hayden I’ve already said it was a one time thing, I’m not a musician, I don’t belong on the stage.”

She groaned and stood up. “Why can’t you see that it is where you belong?!”

“Because it’s not! I admit, I enjoyed it yesterday, but it wasn’t as if I was committing myself to the role of a fill-in singer!”

“I know you’re not, but you won’t even accept the fact that you’re talented!”

“How many times?!” I exclaimed as I too stood up. “I’m not talented! I’m just able to sing slightly without being tone deaf, there’s nothing talented about that.”

“You’re so fucking stubborn! No wonder Adam-”

“WHAT?!” I glared.

“Nothing.” She mumbled.

“No go on, I’m all ears about what you were going to say.” I said coldly.

“It doesn’t matter!”

“Oh of course not, because nothing ever fucking matters, does it?!” I screamed.

“Not when you’re being fucking pathetic and won’t listen to anything I have to say! You never listen to anyone else, Taylor! Only yourself!”

“Because I know what I want to and what I don’t want to do! I hate being made to do things I don’t want to, it’s not all fun, you know! Being thrown into the fucking deep end!”

“You were thrown into the deep end yesterday yet it proved to be successful as you fucking enjoyed it, you’ve said so yourself! So I don’t see what the problem is!” She shouted.

I moved closer to her. “The problem is you won’t accept the damn fact that I don’t want to do it again, okay?! I DON’T WANT TO!”

“You fucking irritate me to death, you know that?!” She spat.

“Oh join the fucking club, just because I want to make my own decisions clearly I’m in the wrong!” I scoffed.

“Your decisions aren’t always the right and best ones, you know! You wouldn’t have sung yesterday if Nick didn’t fucking drag you!”

“So I like being kept in my comfort zone, woopdy-fucking-do!”

“You had one of the best days of your life yesterday, Taylor! Don’t fucking deny it, and it was being pushed out of your comfort zone that did it, just think about that!”

“I don’t need to listen to this!” I yelled, pushing past her.

“Yeah that’s right, fucking walk away!” She shouted after me as I made my way up the spiral staircase.

I sighed as I walked as quietly as I could past the bunks as everyone was still asleep, how they were though was beyond me, after that screaming match. I made my way over to my suitcase on the opposite end of the room and pulled out my White Roland Keytar. I guess I should explain, I’d had Piano lessons for the majority of my childhood and I gave it up because I found it a waste of time plus boring, until I discovered the Keytar as Collin had one, and as I kept playing his and he never saw it he bought me one for my twenty first, I was still in debt to him for that, ha. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration when I realised that there was literally no-where for me to go and vent, considering everyone was still asleep and I refused to be in the same place as Hayden, but as I thought that though, my cell vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and pushed up the screen.

One new message from Alex.

Hey wimp, we’re stopping to get gas in a few, want to hang?

I sighed. It was like my prayers had been answered.

To Alex.

I could have been sleeping, you know! But that sounds good, I need to vent, anyway.

I grabbed a Hollister tank top, shorts, and everything else I’d need for the day and put them on top of my Keytar before making my way towards the spiral staircase and down it quickly, not bothering to see where Hayden was as I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I placed everything on the floor as I began to change quickly. I sighed, I hated when Hayden and I argued, but she didn’t fucking understand things from my point of view, and okay maybe I didn’t see it from hers exactly, but as I said, I did what I wanted to do, not what anyone else felt like I should do. I brushed my hair and applied my make-up just as my cell vibrated.

One new message from Alex.

We’re here, come on! I want to know what the fuck’s going on. I laughed to myself as I picked my clothes and Keytar up off the floor, running up the stairs quickly and chucked my clothes in my bunk before proceeding back down the stairs as I heard the bathroom door close. I rolled my eyes, at least I wasn’t going to have to endure another argument as I left.

“I’ll see you later, Craig!” I grinned as he opened the bus door.

“See you later, Taylor.” He smiled as I took off out of the bus, my Keytar in hand.

I glanced around to see that the service station was pretty much empty. I took my cell out of my pocket to look at the time which read that it was nine thirty. Wow, time flies when you aren’t having fun.

“Nice Keytar!” Alex exclaimed, causing me to jump.

“Jeeze!” I laughed.

“Who did you think I was? Jigsaw?” She smirked as I flipped her off.

“What’s going on?” She questioned as she slung her arm over my shoulder.

I sighed. “Can we talk inside?” I asked, moving my head in the direction of their bus.

“That bad, huh?” She said as we made our way over to their bus, walking up the stairs quickly.

“You could say that.” I chuckled quietly.

“I’m the only one awake, they all stayed up until three this morning watching the Saw movies.” She scoffed as we both sat down.

I laughed and turned my Keytar on, adjusting the volume so it was just audible.

“What’s happened, Taylor? You’re never quiet.” She laughed.

“Hayden and I had an argument, the biggest one we’ve ever had” I sighed as I began to press different keys.

“About what?” She questioned, looking at me.

“The fact that I don’t want to sing again if Collin can’t sing again today.”

“But why not? You-”

“Don’t go there.” I warned as she held her hands up in defence.

“Sorry.” I sighed. “I just don’t like being thrown into the deep end.”

“Being thrown into the deep end is how you discover how far you can really push yourself, you proved that yesterday.” She smiled.

I’d never thought of it like that.

“I guess you’re right.” I mumbled.

“You guess? I’m always right.” She scoffed playfully as she nudged me.

I began to play one of my favourite songs on the Keytar as I turned the volume up a little to hear the synth, it was a much easier way to vent, especially as it was harder to break the keys than it was to break the strings on an acoustic, ha.

“Hey wait up, I recognise that!” Alex exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow. “Seriously?”

“Yeah! It’s Something To Die For, right? By The Sounds?”

I couldn’t hide my shocked expression. “You’ve heard of The Sounds?”

“Yeah! They’re one of my favourite bands.” She chuckled.

I was utterly amazed, I didn’t know anyone who liked The Sounds. It was definitely a sign, of what, I didn’t know then. I took my hands off the keys and began to play the beginning once more as Alex tapped the drum beat of the song on her thigh.
I laughed as I began to sing quietly.

Taylor Alex Both.

Working for another hour tonight
Staring at the wall and let the time just pass me by
You might think you know me, but it's all just a face
Trying to ignore when people screaming my name

(Screaming my name)

Walking by a house with colorful lights
There's a sign, an invitation from the woman inside
Talk about your boyfriend, talk about your wife
It's just a different way of living your life


When something's right, then something is worth to die for
When I feel that something is wrong, then something is worth to fight for


Don't say goodbye, just leave an open door
I wanna hear you say, you give me something to die for


Searching for another reason to stay
Slowly my regrets are fading away
You leave me on my own to find out what's real
You say you want your freedom, but it's not how I feel


When something's right, then something is worth to die for
When I feel that something is wrong, then something is worth to fight for


Don't say goodbye, just leave an open door
I wanna hear you say, you give me something to die for
When I feel that something is right
You give me something to die for


When something's right, then something is worth to die for
When I feel that something is wrong, then something is worth to fight for
When something's right, then something is worth to die for
When I feel that something is wrong, then something is worth to fight for


Don't say goodbye, just leave an open door
I wanna hear you say, you give me something to die for
I wanna hear you say, you give me something to die for
I wanna hear you say, you give me something to die for

“Bravo!” Nick exclaimed as he began clapping.

“HOLY SHIT!” I shouted as I jumped.

“What are you, creeping Jesus?!” Alex exclaimed as she placed her hand over her heart.

“No, just Jesus.” He said proudly.

“You dick.” I laughed as I stopped my Keytar from falling off my lap.

“Nice look, Jesus.” Alex smirked as I looked at Nick, only then taking in what he was wearing, consisting of red and black plaid pyjama pants and a grey Glamour Kills shirt, not to mention his hair was sticking out in all directions.

“Yeah, sort your hair out.” I scoffed.

“Sort your face out!” He retaliated, flipping me off.

“Fuck, I got burned.” I huffed.

“Now you know better than to mess with me.” He said proudly.

“Yeah, I know not to mess with the guy who’s taking a shower with another guy.” I smirked as he glared at me.

“Fucking burn!” Alex laughed as she stuck her hand up for a high-five which I accepted.

“You watch I don’t break your Keytar.” He warned, moving closer to us.

I glared as I wrapped my arms around my Keytar.

“You break my Keytar, I break your face.”

“Wanna bet?” He taunted, taking another step closer.

Alex began laughing hysterically as she moved away from me.

“Don’t take another step.” I warned, gripping my Keytar tighter.

He took another step forward so he was directly in front of me.

“Oops.” He shrugged.

“If you make-” I started but I was cut off by him jumping on me, luckily Alex grabbed the Keytar out of hands just in time.

“You are dead!” I exclaimed as I began hitting him as we rolled around on the floor.

“Take back what you said!”

“Like fuck will I!” I scoffed as I began hitting him in the chest.

“TAKE IT BACK!” He exclaimed as he poked me repeatedly in the ribs hard.

“You’re such a dick!” I laughed as I began kicking him.

“You two just can’t keep your hands off each other can you?” Alex smirked as she played on my Keytar.

I coughed awkwardly as I realised Nick was still half on top of me.

“Bitch, get off me!” I laughed as I pushed him off as he landed on the floor with a thud.

“Ow!” He groaned.

I glanced up at Alex who was smirking at me, I rolled my eyes as my phone began to vibrate in my pocket, scaring me half to death.

“That’s karma.” Nick scoffed as he sat up.

I flipped him off as I dug my cell out of my pocket.

One new message from Collin.

Where the fuck are you, Rubano?!

I sighed.

To Collin.

I’m on A Rocket To The Moon’s bus, I’m fine.

“Secret admirer?” Alex smirked.

“Nope, just Collin.” I laughed as my phone vibrated once more.

One new message from Collin.

I need to talk to you, come back?

I contemplated for a minute, I didn’t want to deal with anymore arguments but I felt I owed it to him.

To Collin.

On my way.

“I’d better get going, I’ll see you in Manhattan.” I winked.

“Can I keep your Keytar until we get there? Considering we still have an hour and a half to go and I might kill Nick if I’m not occupied.” Alex whined.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “If you take care of it then I’ll place my life in your hands.” I exclaimed dramatically.

“I’ll guard it like it was my own.” She said, hugging it.

“I might break it, just saying.” Nick shrugged.

“That’ll be the last thing you ever do.” I glared as I made my way off of the bus and walked to Hit The Light’s, taking a deep breath before stepping on. I was met with the sight of Collin sat in the chair he’d been sat in yesterday, I glanced around not seeing Hayden anywhere. I let out a quiet sigh of relief as I felt the bus pull out and set back out on course for Manhattan.

“Hey kid.” He whispered as he ushered me over to him.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, sitting down in the chair opposite him.

“Better, but not good enough unfortunately.” He said quietly.

“You can’t sing today, Collin. You sound a bit better but-”

“I know I can’t, but I was hoping-” He said, glancing at me but I cut him off.

“No, absolutely not.” I protested.

“But, Taylor-”

I sighed and shook my head. “Collin I can’t, once was enough.”

“But you know how much It’d mean to me.” He sighed.

I couldn’t shake that guilty feeling.

“I know it would, but I can’t physically bring myself to do it.” I sighed.

He looked at me intently. “Just consider it, okay?”

I looked at him and nodded. “I’ll consider it, you know it’s very unlikely it’ll happen, but I’ll consider it” I said as I ran a hand through my hair as he stood up.

“That’s all I’m asking.” He whispered as he made his way over to the spiral staircase, walking up it quickly.

Hayden’s POV.

I wasn’t going to let her back out of where her heart was truly set even though she didn‘t know it, or more so wouldn‘t believe it. I knew she wouldn’t do it on her own accord, and despite the fact we’d argued over it, it wasn’t going to stop me and what I believed in, that was for sure. I pulled the curtain closed in my bunk as I pulled my cell out from under my pillow and began to tap away at the keys, feeling more anxious at each letter I pushed.

To Nick.

I need your help.

I sighed as I placed my cell on my pillow, waiting for a response, I felt awful considering Taylor was my best friend, but it needed to be done. I’d already talked to Collin about it, and he was more determined than me, it didn’t make me feel any less guilty though, despite what had happened. My cell vibrated, bringing me out of my train of thoughts.

One New Message from Nick.

Hey Hayden. What’s wrong?

I bit my lip as I replied quickly.

To Nick.

Collin can’t sing today and Taylor refuses to do it, no matter what I say, or what anyone else says for that matter she won’t take any notice, words aren’t going to cut it, I have a plan, but I need your help.

I felt my heart rate quicken as I closed my eyes. From the way I was reacting it felt like I was planning to assassinate someone which really wasn’t the case, but I was still betraying my best friend, but I knew she’d thank me someday, even if it wasn’t for a while, which I was pretty certain it wouldn’t be.

One New Message from Nick.

I’m game. What do you have in mind?

I took a deep breath before I began quickly tapping away at the individual keys once more. She’d thank me someday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something To Die For - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKws7vXzukM
Xo.