Status: the maine FTW!

Beauty in the Unspoken

Backyards & Bedrooms

I sat with my back against a huge oak tree as the sun began to rise. I was in Kennedy’s backyard, we had been home for about a week and we had been going non-stop. Visiting old friends, catching up with family, and of course partying. Have the guys back was such an amazing feeling.

Kennedy’s head was in my lap as I ran my fingers though his hair. His breathing was shallow and his eyes were closed so I thought he was sleeping.

“Rory?” He questioned startling me that he was still awake.

“Yes?” I answered.”

“I’ve been thinking.” He started.

“It’s a miracle.” I exclaimed. Joking around.

“Ha Ha. I’m serious. Does Ana Like John?” He asked.

“Why do you ask?” I returned. I knew that she was practically in love with him, but I wasn’t about to rat her out.

“Well because John really likes her.” He stated.

“You’re joking.” I said hoping he wasn’t.

“Not at all. Most of our touchy feely songs are about her.”

“Wow. Well we have a mission then. We need to get them to admit it to each other.” I told him.

“So she does?” He asked confused.

“Since junior year.” I answered.

“Ok how are we going to get them to tell each other?” He was just full of questions.

For the next hour we were brainstorming was for us to get the two together.

“What about you? Do you like anyone?” I asked after we had decided on a plan.

“Well there is this one girl.” He started to explain.

“Really?! What’s she like?” I pestered.

“Well she is amazing. She’s funny and smart and down to earth. She gets me better than anyone else. And she's an amazing friend and genuinely caring. She is gorgeous but she doesn’t know it. I can’t get her out of my head.” He said staring off into space.

“She sounds amazing.” I said feeling somewhat weird. Kennedy really liked this girl and she seemed perfect for him. He sat up and looked at me deeply. Before I could say anything else he kissed me.

I was shocked at his actions. I honestly didn’t think he had been talking about me. I was pleasently surprised. I placed my hand on the back of his neck pulling him closer.

I pulled away and confusion washed over me. This made my guy situation easier and harder at the same time. I now knew Kennedy felt the same way, but that didn’t make my feelings for Garrett just disappear. I stood up and walked away.

“I have to go.” I told him over my shoulder.

I left Kennedy in his backyard staring after me with a very confused face.

~Later that day~

I was laying on my bed staring at my ceiling. I was still as confused as ever. A light knock came from my door and I dreaded who it could be.

“Come in.” I said.

The door opened and there stood the last person I wanted to see at the moment. Kennedy stood there looking cuter than ever. He had on a loose fitting plaid shirt over a white v-neck with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. He knew I had a weakness for guys in plaid shirts.

“Hi.” He said.

“Hi.” I replied. He stood there in the doorway not knowing what to do. Whether to come in and sit down or stand there and continue to be awkward.

“Sit down, you are making me uncomfortable.” I said shifting awkwardly.

He walked across the room and sat next to me. He started to play with his thumbs as he stared at his worn out Toms. The silence between us was heavy and growing unbearable.

“Kennedy, if you don’t say something I am going to scream.” I stated.

“I don’t know what to say.” He replied.

“Then why did you come over here?” I asked him.

“Because you are one of my best friends and I really care about you. I don’t want things to be awkward or weird between us.” He started to say but I cut him off.

I pressed my lips to his and shut him up. I knew this was only going to make the situation I was in only that much more difficult. But at this moment I really didn’t care. I swung my leg over his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and I placed my hand on the back of his head, deepening the kiss.

I had wanted this for so long and it was finally happening. It was everything I thought it would be. There were butterflies in my stomach. I pulled away and looked in Kennedy’s eyes. I placed my hand on his cheek and pecked him on the lips once more.

“You have no idea how long I have wanted this to happen.” He said smiling.

“Oh I think I do. Probably just as long as I have wanted it.” I replied giggling.

“Did you just giggle?” He asked, I nodded and blushed.” “But you never giggle.” The disbelief in his voice was cute.

“Well just know that you made me. So feel special." I said.

“So, what does this make us?” He questioned.

I thought about it, what did this make us? It was obvious that we both wanted more. But what about Garrett? I still had feelings for him, but were they anything more than just friends?

“I don’t know. I want to take this slow. Is that okay?” I asked.

“Sounds perfect. So I will pick you up at 8 for our first date?” He stated.

“ Wait where are you going?” I asked as he stood up and placed me on my bed.

“I am going to get everything ready.” He said pecking my lip and leaving me alone in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it. Hopefully going to be updating more frequently! :)