Status: Hiatus. Keep/Kill? We'll see. . .

Not a Single Word About This

Vincent

"There she is,
my darling sweet cousin
She's giving me that strange look again,
and that cute boy with her is doing it too.
And now they're both blushing,
Sorry
But Hun that's what cousins are for,
Ember!
Ass!
Mints!"

The fingers on my left hand pressed down on the string of the guitar while my right hand stroked them. I felt my voice flow out from my mouth effortlessly and the audience laughed at the improb. My cousin just swatted her hand in my direction while the boy beside her kept switching his attention from me to the menu in front of him. I kept my eyes on him as I played a small outro to the song. He seemed familiar but my mind couldn't ring up who exactly he was.

I stood up and bowed, receiving cat calls and plenty of clapping. I flashed the locals a smile and stepped off the small platform that was a stage. I made small talk with a couple of familiar faces before I maneuvered my way through the cramped space and slid into the seat beside my cousin.

"Vince!" May squealed, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and ruffled her hair. "Hey!" I greeted and rested my guitar against the table. "Oh! This is my friend Caleb!" She said, motioning to the boy sitting to my right. I flashed a smile his way. The boy just glanced at me, his mint eyes making me freeze in place. His gorgeous double colored locks looked so soft, screaming for me to reach out and touch them. His eyes looked back at his menu and scanned it over again.

I heard a thud under the table, followed my Caleb jumping up in his seat and biting his lip. "Nice to meet you!" He mumbled. May shot him a glare. "Excuse his lack of manners, his tamer refuses to let him out." She smiled cheekily at me. Caleb rolled his eyes and once again checked over the menu. "Ahem, this is the part where you two shake hands and Vincent introduces himself." May coughed.

Caleb's face reddened and he looked at me apologetically. "Sorry." He spoke and held his hand out for me. I grabbed it, completely caught off guard by how soft his skin felt. "I'm Vincent." I said politely. Caleb pulled his hand away and I smirked to myself when I realized that one again my fingers were much longer than his, it was a common occurrence for me, being a guitarist and all.

"So you look familiar." I told him, trying to figure out where I'd seen his face. "I think you two met at my tenth birthday party." May butted in, trying to catch the attention of what of the waiters. "Really?" I asked, she nodded her head, pointing at the items on the menu she wanted. Caleb asked for a chocolate milkshake and I decided that it sounded good so I asked for one as well.

"I don't remember that." Caleb said. I furrowed my eyes brows and tried digging through my memory. "Wait, did you wear the lion hat?" I asked, remembering the image of a mint eye boy with a knit beanie that looked like the face of a lion on his head. He nodded his head and May laughed.

"You smashed my face into the ice cream cake didn't you?" May asked, looking at me. I smiled smugly at her and pretended to wipe imaginary dirt off my shoulder. "What can I say, I'm a beast."

The waiter came back with our food, chicken wings and nachos set down in front of us. The chocolate shakes each were topped with a mountain of ice cream and a cherry.

"Mine!" May barked, grabbing both of the cherries and popping them into her mouth. Caleb and I bot scrunched out noses at her and shook out heads. "Cherries are gross." We remarked in unison. We both stared at each other for a couple of seconds and then went back to small talk.

It was pretty cool to catch up with my cousin and Caleb. Caleb wasn't that bad, but something seemed off about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments SuperNovaEclipseand jennylake74 .

So lately I haven't really updating that much, or at least it feels like that to me. It's because I'm pre-writing this story I'm working on called It Never Ends. And I'm beginning to re-write the first ten chapters of my other story Forever, Andy. Plus, I had been focusing on my competition for Academic Pentathlon and now that it's passed I have to work on memorizing my lines for my schools play "Grease."

So, tell me how much you love this?