Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Funeral

" Come on man, whats really bugging you?" Vince asked, turning away from the microphone looking over at Rodrick; who was sitting in a glum slump at his drums, a drifted look stuck on his face his hands holding his drum sticks so tightly his knuckles pressed white.

Vince and the rest of the band looked dully at Rodrick, ever since Cynthia had hung up on him yesterday hardly accepting his apology, the guys had heard him talking to her. They'd never heard him so sad before. Assuming he'd snap out of it, they didn't make much of it.

Rodrick eventually cluing in that people were in fact talking to him, he looked up at his friends and laughed.

" Whats up?"

" You know, we have a gig in three weeks. And if we don't practise we're gunna bomb, man. So get your head into the fucking zone. Please." Vince said, snarking at him. Rodrick rolled his eyes.

" Don't worry we'll be awesome. I'm just going to go catch some Z's so get the hell out." Rodrick told them twirling his drum stick between his fingers, heading up the stairs.
Lieing to himself the entire way up, mindless excuses running through his mind, he was just tired, angst, not getting enough protein. The lists went on and on, to everything apart from the truth. He was sad that she was mad at him. He'd tried his best at being sincere over the phone and he knew he didn't say he was sorry enough times to get it through to her.

Rodrick sighed and slid off his shirt, the chilling cool of his room gently hitting against his warm upper body. Sending him into a relaxation he loved. Even though it couldn't put a smile on his face, Rodrick enjoyed it anyway.

He looked at his phone, biting his lip debating if he wanted to try calling her. But she wasn't in town, at home. She was up in Canada, and he didn't know whether they even had phones up there. So he shut his phone and sat in his chair, looking at the spot on his roof where he hid his smokes, a increasing habit he was forming incredibly fast.

Cynthia stood out in the damp Vancouver air on her grandparents porch, looking out at the world around her. Her phone in hand, it was clear from the redness of her eyes and the streaks of her running makeup that she had been crying. Her heart was broken in shattering pieces, and her heart as heavy as lead all the same.

She let her family think it was because later that evening was her sisters funeral, but if she was asked what was really going on she'd hate to admit it but she knew it was because of Rodrick, how she'd treated him so coldly and not fully accepting his apology and taking the time to really talk to him and get past it.

" Cynthia?" A male voice said behind her, opening and closing the door quietly. He had slipped away from the commotion inside to check on her. Cynthia found it odd and plastered up her wall. She turned sniffling to see her older brother; Eddy.

She took a long look at him, having not seen him for years since last night, he had ridden up on his motor bike in the rain and knocked heavy on the doors, his leather jacket and blue jeans clinging to his soaking body.

Cynthia continued looking at Edward, usually known as Eddy. His hair, in waves running down his neck a curl swooping under his ears. The dark brown shining on his head, messy but still perfectly together. His bushy eyebrows high above his gray eyes, speckled with blue flakes. He looked rugged but defined at the same time. He looked like a traveler, which in part is exactly what Eddy was. He'd been all over the country and in America.

" Cynthia..?" Eddy asked again, putting his hands into his pockets, his white shirt pelted in holes and stretches. He hadn't been taking real care of himself. His mother noticed, but didn't really care. Eddy scratched his chin the scruff grinding his hand gently. He sighed, not getting any response from Cynthia again. He sat down beside her.

He recognized it, the heartbreaking silence, the phone in hand, sniffles. Quiet sorrow.
He had always been there for Miranda when she was having boyfriend issues, and he wished he'd been there for Cynthia, and now he would be. Eddy stretched his arm around his little sister and hugged her. Whispering to her.

" Who's ass am I kicking?"
She laughed a little and pulled away, wiping her eyes.

" What gave it away?"

" Nothing, your good at hiding your feelings..."

She nodded, sniffling and putting her phone in her bag.

" I think I just need to go walk it off"

" Lilly told me you do that lots. Walk out.."

" What else did she tell you?"

" That mom hit you, for breaking a plate then running off and whoring yourself around"

" Wow. Mom hates me.."

" What were you really doing?"

Cynthia looked at her brother, astonished at how no matter how much she hated him for leaving her in the depths of her family's hell, they could pick up a conversation like they'd started it yesterday. Even though it had been years that they'd last talked.

" I was with my boyfriend"

" The one that made you cry?"

" No, I made myself cry. I was so mean to him.."

Eddy nodded.

" Well, I'm gonna go.." Cynthia whispered standing up putting her bag over her shoulder.

She looked down at Eddy.

" Wanna go for a ride? It'll help.." Eddy replied looking up at her.

" On your bike?" She asked a little confused. Eddy nodded smiling.

" Get your mind off things. Come on" Eddy laughed standing up.

" Trust your big brother"

" Your more like my big sister with that hair "Cynthia replied smiling. Eddy laughed and shook his head going up to the door, he peeked his head into the door. The entire house was quiet no one was really up yet. Eddy grabbed his jacket and helmet and went out to his bike and started it.

" Hear put on the jacket" He held his black leather jacket out towards her, Cynthia gladly took it and put it on.

" And now the helmet.." He said putting it over her long brown hair. Cynthia looked at him laughing and smiling.

They climbed onto the bike and he started it up with a loud banging vroom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rodrick turned onto his back in his bed, wondering what he was going to do.
He couldn't call her, he didn't want to get out of bed, all he wanted was to return to his dream, a dream where Cynthia was gently snuggling to him in his arms, her hands roaming his body in a tingly sensation of lust and want.. It had driven him to the pivital point of climax, even though there was no exact touching going on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Where have you been!?" Mr. Daniels exclaimed running out of the house in his suit pants and his button down shirt flying open hearing the bike park outside. Where Cynthia and Eddy stepped off his bike. Cynthia flashing a red swollen ear, they'd gone off into town and Eddy paid for Cynthia's new piercing, on her ear. Her father was yet to notice, the family had been running around like mad getting ready finalizing the funeral arrangements all while looking for the two misfits. Eddy talked his dad down to get off her back.

Edward, was amazed at how intense his little sisters life was, the stress and pressure and ignorance his parents had put on her, and the guilt he got for knowing it was his fault all that guilt fell onto her shoulders. The least he could do was tell his parents to back off.

After a few more hours, the family all dressed and ready made their way to the funeral parlor. Where a touching perfect ceremony was held, without interruption, the room filled with love, love and happiness while the grief process continued its uncanny routine.

Cynthia smiled, stepping out of the church doors, heading towards the cemetery for the burial. She smiled because she felt the familiar feel of her phone buzzing in her clutch bag, grabbing it and seeing his name.

Eddy looked over his sisters shoulder and smiled.

" Is that him?"

" Yeah it's him."

" Well then, answer it."