Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

It Ends Tonight

Rodrick sat, utterly depressed in the garage.
The guys climbing in.

" Don't get too comfy guys. Band's over with."

" What? What the hell are you talking about Rodrick?"

" I'm done with this. I'm done with you guys.."

" Rodrick.. Don't say that.." Danny mumbled, looking at him sad.

" Sorry. I meant Vince. I'm fucking done with you."

" Yeah? Why?"

" You told everyone about the bet, and you further fucked up my relationship! And you were sleeping with Arissa too."

" So what? You were done with her!"

" I'm tired of you going after my ex's man."

" If that's how you figure it maybe I should go find that slut and fuck her."

Rodrick growled with rage and pushed Vince into the wall, lifting him up gripping his shirt till it tore and stretched then tossed him away to the ground. Vince scrambled to his feet and booked it, the rest of the guys soon followed. They'd never seen Rodrick so aggressively violent to anyone, apart from his brother.

Rodrick wasn't being himself, he was being an angry self hating sad Rodrick.
He sighed and walked up to his room, putting his headphones over his ears and blasting his music. He tried to sink in the words as they sung into his mind.. And he couldn't help but feel like the song understood everything he was feeling, everything he was trying to say..
It was the only song on his iPod that wasn't loud punk or rock music..

Rodrick curled up between his bed and his window, letting the breeze come into the room. His hands dug in his hair. His eyes were becoming redder and redder, until finally he let his cool fade, the first tear slid down his broken face and dripped off his chin, it was hard to get the next ones to stop as they came down like a water fall of emotion.

In no time, Friday had arrived.
It was the last day Rodrick had before he never saw her again, he needed to at least explain why he had hurt her...

Hayden grabbed the duffel bag and put it into the back of the cab, his luggage was already packed in, and the last of Cynthia's were being taken. She was nervous, leaving her family. But it was something she needed to do. She couldn't stay here anymore, and she knew staying with Hayden was for the best. She handed him her suit case and he got it after moving a few things. Cynthia fixed her bag on her shoulder. She was wearing an entire outfit of blue, a long blue shirt with purple ribbon on the elbows and waist. Her blue jeans and baby blue flats. She looked at her parents and smiled at them, she went forward and hugged her father. Then her mother, then Lilly.

Rodrick thought about it, and he thought about it for a while.
He got his dad to take him to the airport, he bought flowers and a stuffed animal.
He went to the side of the airport where the flight to Toronto was. He was going to wait to see her, he had to tell her. He wouldn't be able to live with himself other wise.

Cynthia took off her shoes, belt jewelery and put her bag in a bucket, she walked through. She didn't get beeped, she was glad she was a nervous flyer, she didn't like being up in the air and flying even thinking about it made her sick. She gathered her things as she waited for Hayden he was a few people behind her, they had a small issue with their baggage.

She and Hayden got into a discussion about where she'd be attending, when they stopped. Cynthia heard her name being called, she turned to see him.
Him the heart breaker, the ass who publicly humiliated her and made her think he ever loved her. Even though she felt nothing but hot white anger towards Rodrick for the past several days, all that was behind her, and she felt bad.. Almost pitiful towards him. She felt bad that it hadn't worked out, that he had lied and done those things to her. She smiled at Hayden.

" I'll find you on the plane."

" Alright, here's your ticket and pass" He passed her, her things. Cynthia smiled and waved to him, she put the passes into her purse. She went and sat by Rodrick.

" What?"

" I just needed to say.. OH these are yours.." He thrusted the bouquet of flowers and purple bear towards her. Cynthia held her hand up pushing them away.

" Thanks but no.. Rodrick.."

He sighed and looked down, then licked his lips. Drawing her in once again, something she got suckered into even if she didn't want to. Rodrick looked up at her and moved the dark hair from his dark intense brown eyes.

" I'm sorry. Cynthia. I really am. I tried to get out of it.. But.. They wouldn't let me.."

" Why didn't you ever tell me?"

" I didn't want you to leave me.. At first it started as a joke but.. Cynthia.. I really did fall in love with you.." Rodrick said, his voice cracking, he reached his hand out and put his hand over hers. She frowned lightly.

" Well.. I'm sorry that you go beat up so badly.."

Rodrick nodded his head, shrugging he didn't care much about his physical beating.

" I am sorry though."

" I believe and forgive you.. Don't worry."

" Thanks.." He whispered, drawing his hand back. He knew that just because she accepted his apology didn't mean she'd stay or that she'd take him back.

Cynthia hugged Rodrick and kissed the top of his head.

" Stay Gold. Ponyboy. Stay Gold." She whispered, smiling. It amused her even if he didn't get it, which he defiantly did not.

Rodrick smiled up at her, and watched her leave through the gate way. Boarding a plane that would take her far far away, where he would never see her again.
But somehow, Rodrick knew he'd see her again, and that he would be okay.

He waved - not that she could see him - as the plane took off. Rodrick scratched his eyebrow and turned, heading out of the air port. He got what he wanted and he knew it wasn't the end, it was the start of his life. He just wished the start of his life had begun a little better, with the girl he fell in love with..

" You really end your band?"

" For a while, maybe until I get my life back together.." He answered truthfully, not looking away from his computer screen. He was looking through facebook, looking to see if Cynthia had made it to Toronto and if she was happy.
Rodrick smiled seeing her update, didn't help that he found it before he heard a honk coming from the car downstairs.

" In Toronto, unpacking... I think I'm going to like it here.. But still missing the family and friends back home <3 " He read out loud in a quiet whisper. Rodrick closed his laptop and grabbed his book bag and ran out the door. Climbing into the front of the seat.

" Jesus. What took you so long?" Sasha asked, shaking her head as she started to pull off from the sidewalk.

Rodrick shrugged and looked out the window, and smiled.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I think you can do much better than me
After all the lies that I made you believe
Guilt kicks in and I start to see
The edge of the bed
Where your nightgown used to be
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me

While looking through your old box of notes
I found those pictures I took
That you were looking for
If there's one memory I don't want to lose
That time at the mall
You and me in the dressing room
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me

The bed I'm lying in is getting colder
Wish I never would've said it's over
And I can't pretend... I won't think about you when I'm older
Cause we never really had our closure
This can't be the end
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
(And I think you should know this)
(You deserve much better than me)
♠ ♠ ♠
The song Rodrick's listening to is Better than Me by Hinder. Lyrics at the end of chapter ^^
So thats the end of the story, sorry its not so long. But hope you lot liked the story :)
I personally think its good because this is the first story where I dont kill the main character(s) so yeah :D