Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Too Late

Rachel was the first one out of Sam and Emily's house, running back towards her father's after what Jake had just said and basically implied. Even the 2 shifters had trouble keeping up it her and thankfully she'd arrived in just under 10 minutes.

"Rachel, wait!" Jake called from behind her, a pleading tone in his voice. She ignored it and rushed up to the house, bursting in through the already half unhinged and boken front door. She heard the other 3 running up behind her, but ignored it once her worried and panicked gaze landed on her battered looking father, crumpled back on the couch in the living area. "Dad!" She yelled, her heart jack hammering in her chest as she rushed over and knelt beside him.

He looked so run down, so beaten, literally -- both his eyes were black and blue, as well as the many bruises and burn marks that covered his face and his long black hair was matted and a little singed off, too. His clothes were worn and torn as well as burnt a little, too.

She averted her eyes away from him for a moment, trying not to vomit and breakdown at the same time at the horrid sight of what had been done to her father and she already knew who had done this.

Emily came up behind her and rested a comforting hand on her shoulder for a few moments before pulling away slowly.

That gave Rachel enough strength look back at her father just as his eyes slowly opened.

He smiled slowly up at her, his weezing slightly as he struggled to breath and keep his eyes open.

Jake quickly came and stood behind his sister as he looked down at his father. "I gave Carlisle as call, but even on foot, he won't get here for another 40 minutes, at least." He said as he managed to struggling his wavering voice, refering to vampire speed.

"Carlisle?" Rachel questioned softly, glancing up at Jake and sniffing back her brimming tears.

"He's a Doctor and a vampire, but he doesn't feed on humans and he's a friend of the family." He answered quickly, glancing back down at her with a small and hopeful smile. "When he gets here, it'll all be alright."

"Jake's right," Billy piped up from the couch, looking up at both his children. "He's an excellent Doctor and has many other expertees," He then focused his serious, but rather soft gaze upon Jake, his youngest child and his only son. "But I didn't ask you to call him here for me."

Jake's expression grew desperate as he knew what his father was going to say, but Billy quickly cut him off.

"He knows of this beast. Just tell him I told you him to tell you. But first, I have something I have to tell you before it's too late."

"Dad, what --" Rachel paused, looking sadly into her father's eyes, now catching on what he was saying, he knew that he was dying, that he was going to die.

Billy looked back over at her, smiling lovingly at her. "Jacob and Rebecca are my children, and so are you, but you were given to me by the same beast that is trying to take you back. I don't know what he wants with you, but I know that it's bad, so stay away from him, because..."

Billy was getting worked up more and more by the second as he desperately spilled the last words he could before it was too late, but indeed, it was too late, he had already passed...
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.