Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Ring Of Fire

"Are you sure we're going the right way, Carlisle? It feels like you're taking us in circles." Sam asked unconvinced that it was as he glanced at their surroundings, though his tone was not accusing.

Carlisle frowned to himself, thinking it over as they continued to follow him through the dead leaves and thankfully dried mud. He then stopped for a moment, the others stopping behind him, including the whole pack. "I'm not sure myself." He admitted.

"Well, that's wonderful." Jared piped up sarcastically from beside his Sam, who glared at him in a "not helpful" way, causing him to pipe down instead.

"What's the problem, Carlisle?" Jake asked, walking up to him from the back of the group slowly and frowning in concern at him.

Carlisle glanced at him with confused and concerned soft eyes, glancing around and sniffing for a couple of moments before glancing back at Jake. "It does seem like we've been going in circles..." He trailed off, noting that fact more to himself than the others as he tried to figure out what was going on.

"I thought you vamps could pick up on this thing's dark trail?" Jared asked, his tone laced with sarcasm once again, as well as a little malice, though after Kim (his imprintee) being attacked by a leech last week, he thought he had the right to.

"Jared," Sam snapped, knowing how he must feel, but it really wasn't helping and it was Carlisle's fault, it had nothing to do with any of the Cullens, but he understood the resentment that Jared help to all vampires. "Enough." He said a little bit more softly, letting him know he understood his pain, but it wasn't the time or the place now.

Carlisle gave Jared a rather sorrowful and shameful look, as if he was apologizing on the behalf of what happened, having being the one that sucked the venom out of Kim himself and saving her life and he still didn't blame Jared even after doing so. He sighed slightly, feeling truly useless at this point. "It seems that the trail stops here. Literally." He said in a defeated and confused tone.

The others exchanged odd and confused glances with one another before staring back at the vampire.

"Did he just, like, take off or something? You know, can he fly?" Asked Embry, a brow raised in question.

Carlisle frowned. "I don't think so. I've never heard of him doing so."

"Maybe he's underground?" Quil piped up. He was always the sharpest pencil in this pack.

Inbetween all this discussion or what started to sound more like fuzzy babbly, Rachel suddenly felt another wave of pain burning deep in her gut and gripping her aching heart. Instantly, her hands flew to her chest, gripping her red hoodie in pain. "Ghnuuuh! Uggghhh!" She cried out with a splutter before falling to her knees and suddenly blacking out.

"Rachel!" Jake cried out in concern, rushing over to his sister.

He crouched down and pulled her into his chest, but then laying her gently back down on the cold ground when he felt her entire body burning up, very quickly. He quickly unzipped her hoodie and sat her up before taking it gentle off of her and throwing it to the side and then laying her gently back down.

His eyes widened at what he saw -- ring of fire the size of a 2D football was literally glowing and burning, getting brighter by the second.

He slowly stood up and backed away when it got so bright that it began to crackle and sizzle. "Oh shit!" He snapped in regret, about to jump away.

Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough to avoid the ring literally shooting out a massive fire ball that flew into Jake and reflected off him, shooting towards the whol pack, who managed to all duck in time and then smashed into a tree.

Jake, thankfully wasn't on fire or hurt that much, just a little burn on his back that would heal in a couple of hours completely.

"What the fuck was THAT!?" He snapped in anger, though sounding more amusing to the pack, who all snickered and smirked back at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, pleeeeease? :)
-- Zya here.