Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

The Mutt

Paul sensed that something was nearby and closing in on the 2 of them. Something that was not friendly and dangerous, more than likely.

Rachel immediately noticed his stiffened statue. He looked nervous, too, slightly uneasy as his eyes scanned their surroundings slowly. "What is it?" She whispered quietly so that only he could hear.

"Some thing's following us." He told her, his voice low, though she could hear the slight panic, his eyes staying pealed.

Her eyes widened at the thought of that, as they, too scanned the forest. She glanced up at him for a moment, her thoughts running rampant on her again. She was starting to think that there was more than met the eyes with Paul. He'd taken on that beast of a creature just to save her, risked his own life and yet he seemed to completely unfazed about the abnormal thing that seemed to be going on.

She wondered if it had anything to do with why Jacob got so tall and muscly so quickly and why him and her father always act so oddly around her. She was getting the feeling that something big was going on that she was completely oblivious to.

Paul kept all his senses wide open for any sign of anything. He knew that even though Sam was within the hearing radar, he wouldn't get to him in time to help anyway, so he completely abandoned that idea straight away. He was lone once again. He found that he didn't even care about his own safety anymore. As long as Rachel was safe, that's all that mattered to him now.

He quickly stood protectively in front of her when he heard a couple of twigs snapping and the rustling of leaves on the ground. He narrowed his eyes in the direction of the sound approaching a few meters away.

The rustling got louder as whatever it was approached.

Paul wrinkled his nose, sniffing the air and that didn't go unnoticed by Rachel as she gave the back of his head a curious look. He knew that sickly sweet scent anywhere. It was a vampire... No, 3 vampires. 'Shit. I'm gonna have to phase.' He thought in a panic, knowing that even if he phased he would barely be able to take 3 old vampires by himself. They were quicker than the wolves, though not as powerful and obviously not as large.

Paul glared at the 2 male and 1 female vampire walking into the clearing where he and Rachel stood.

They halted a few feet in front of him, a sickening smirk on each of their smug shit faces, as Paul said.

The blond female vampire sniffed the air and wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Ugh, it's a mutt." She said, her voice incredibly high pitched and really gritting to the ears.

The dirty blond male, the bigger and taller of the males took another step forward and sniffed the air, too, but he smirked widely afterwords. "It's her. Boss was right. She smells delicious." He chuckled, rubbing his stomach and staring behind Paul to her as if Paul was there. His eyes lingering on her longingly.

Paul growled slightly, feeling his body already trembling with anger. A sign that the wolf was about to literally rip free from his human body.

The dark haired male vampire stepped forward next to the other and smiled, too, staring right past Paul to Rachel. "What do we do about --" He paused, raising eyebrows towards Paul, who was standing in front of the human girl, glaring at all 3 of them, shaking in anger.

The female just laughed, stepping further towards Paul. "He's just one mutt." She smirked at Paul, looking him directly in the eye as she said it.

He glared back at her, growling slightly.

"Ooh, puppy's got a temper!" She said in a rather seductive voice, licking her lips at him.

He wrinkled his face in disgust at her, pushing Rachel back gently away from the with one hand.

"So she's yours." She smirked at him. "Does she know?" She asked smugly, giving him a knowing grin.

Paul knew she was talking about the fact that he had imprinted on Rachel and glared at her. "Shut up!" He snarled, his voice rumbling in his chest.

Rachel's heart was racing so hard and fast in her chest that she was afraid it would burst. She was scared for her own life, but also found that she was scared for Paul's. A lot. Even if he had fought of that huge beast creature, that was just a lucky escape.

'His neck..." She remembered, her eyes widening. 'The wound is completely gone. What the fuck is going on!?' She screamed in her mind, deciding that she would question Paul about everything later. If they got out of this alive, that is.

"He might call for the others." The blond male told the female blond vampire.

She smirked at Paul. "Not if I break his windpipe. Get the girl." She told the both of them. "I'll take care of the mutt." She said, smiling back at "the mutt".
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.