To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the Truth

“I'm running out of time, where's my runaway love?”

Later that night I got a phone call from Blake. And when I say later, I mean much later. was about one am when my phone started blaring his ring tone.

I grab it off the bedside table and answer, “hello?” I ask groggily. Why was Blake calling so late?

“I know it's late but I-just, can you come over?”

Veronica stirred next to me, “who is it?” she asks, slowly waking up.

“you what? Blake, it's one in the morning.”

“I know that,” he was whispering, “but somethings came up and I don't know what to do.”

“why are you whispering?”

“oh my god! Ryan Fletcher Richards get your ass over here this instant!” he scream-whispers into the phone and then hangs up.

I groan and toss the covers off of me.

“where are you going?” Veronica asks, sitting up now, “it's one in the morning.”

“I know. Just go back to sleep. I need to go to Blake's for a second.”

“don't be too long.” she tells me and sets her head back onto her pillow.

I slip on my shoes and walk out to my car, driving the twenty minutes to Blakes house. When I got there, the lights were on. I knocked on the door and Blake answered instantly.

“what was so import-” he covered my mouth with his hand, shutting me up.

“don't talk and follow me.”

we walked up to his room and he quietly opened the door. The light in his room was off and there was a girl in his bed, sleeping.

“wow, you laid another girl.” I say sarcastically.

He closes the door, “It's Sara.” he says.

My eyes widen and I pull him down the hall so that we wouldn't wake her. “what do you mean it's Sara?”

Sara was Blakes neighbor. He had been in love with her since like seventh grade and she never wanted anything to do with him more than just friends. She's his 'date' to most things because his family loves her and she agrees to it. But that's the farthest he's ever gotten with her.

“I mean that I came home from your house and Sara was sitting on my steps crying because she caught that douche bag Quinn cheating on her.”

I rub the bridge of my nose with my thumb and pointer finger. “you're telling me that you called me at one in the morning because you had sex with the girl you love. I'm so close to killing you right now.”

“I don't know what to do man. She's going to wake up tomorrow morning and she's going to be in my bed.”

I sigh and try to think of something, “you, stay right here, got it?” he nods, “don't come into your room until I come and get you.” another nod and I leave for his room.

I flick the light on and take the chair from his desk so that I was sitting across from Sara. She groaned from the light and opened her eyes, looking at me. “Ryan?” she asks, confused. “what are you doing here? Wait, what am I doing here?” the memories of last night must have flashed through her head, “oh shit.”

“oh shit is right.” I tell her, “now I need you to listen to me. Blake likes you. Really, really, really likes you.”

“I highly doubt that Ryan, you know how he is. And it's my fault for last night, I'm the one that fell for his stupid charm.”

I sigh, “okay, I'm going to repeat myself. Blake Reed is in love with you.”

“hypothetically, if you're telling the truth, why are you telling me?”

“because he is out in the hall freaking out about what happened last night.”

she laughs, “it's not like he was the one who-” Sara stops mid-sentence. “but why?”

“how the hell am I supposed to know? All I know is that he loves you and you've brushed him off all these years and you guys did it last night. He probably doesn't want you to think it didn't mean anything, I don't know. I really just want to go home.”

Sara smiles, “go home Ryan, and send Blake in while you leave.” I nod and get out of my chair, walking back into the hall.

“she's all yours dude. And I swear if you hurt her, or call me at one in the morning again, I'm going to do serious damage to you.”

He nods and walks into the room while I head out of the house and back to mine.

“Ryan?” Veronica asks quietly when I enter the room.

“go back to sleep Veronica.” I whisper, slipping back into bed.

“what did he want?”

“just something personal. It's all fine, I think...now really, you need your sleep.”

she yawns and rolls over so that she was a little bit more on my side of the bed. I gulp and pray that I don't wake up with my arms around her.

I was the first to wake up in the morning once again and luckily I wasn't touching Veronica. After getting dressed I start to make breakfast and she comes down the stairs looking tired.

“I'm going to kill Blake next time he does that.” she mumbles, taking her seat at the table.

“not if I get to him first.” I say and set down the plate of food in front of her. “I've got lab today so I won't be home until five. That' gives you two hours.”

“two hours for what?” she asks.

“two hours to make out on our bed with some guy before I come home.”

Veronica looks down at her food, “oh.”

“so, I was thinking that you should skip school tomorrow.”

“what? Why? I never skip school.”

“don't worry, it won't go onto your record or anything. And because it's my day off, I thought we should try to get to know each other.”

she ponders this for a moment, “and it won't go onto my record?”

“no. that's all taken care of.”

“okay, then I guess I can miss a day of classes.”

“good.” we smile at each other for a quick second before looking away. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: Runaway Love by Justin Bieber
Song Suggested By: sHEbeLIEveD329 (a quizilla reader)
comment.subscribe.befriend.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife