Status: hiatus

Two of Them

Can't Hear You

Electric screeching buzzes through my head as I wake up. Covering my ears by the loud guitar strings, I walk out the room and stomp towards the noise. Tom is recklessly playing his instrument and I knock on the door. He has big headphones on his head so I knock harder. He spots me after a second and pulls his head phones down to his neck.
“The hell?” is all I say.
He smirks and pulls back on his headphones, completely ignoring me and the headache he’s giving me. I look around the room and didn’t see Bill. So I get dress and walk out the noisy house.
Okay, I definitely want to go back home, even if it means abandoning my walking closet and my beloved laptop.
Just as I open the door, a wind of smoke blows in my face.
Bill is smoking on the porch.
“You’re up, huh?” Bill grins.
“I guess Tom is experimenting if he can shatter all the windows at once,” I sigh.
“You won’t suffer for long. Tom and I are heading to Japan.”
I look up at Bill with big eyes.
“Japan? Oh, that’s cool.”
“Yeah, we finally get to go and have concerts there,” Bill says. The dogs barked their way out the house since the door’s open. Bill smiles, “Maybe we should go on a Canadian tour also.”
“You’d want to make sure to go in the small towns too,” I say.
I had a feeling my tone sounds awkward to him, but I couldn’t stop smiling at Bill. It’s almost contagious.
“That’s a good idea.”
Finally the screeching stops and I turn away from Bill.
“I should go see what Tom’s up to now,” Bill leaves after squashing his cigarette on the pave way.
He definitely thinks I’m boring.
I sigh and sit down on the stairs.
I find myself talking with the dogs.
“What does Bill like?” I ask, “You should know...”
The dogs just huff and puff air in their mouths.
I don’t know... Hanging out with boys is not my forte.
And then suddenly, yelling escapes the house. The dogs ears perk up.
What could those two be arguing about now?
I know that matters will only get worst if I go upstairs. But somehow, I’m walking straight there.
“No,” I mumble to myself, “I shouldn’t... It’s none of my business...”
Something then crashes. I race up the stairs to see what happen.
I hear Tom and Bill yelling louder as I turn to peek at the doorframe.
But my face smacks right into Bill’s chest.
He pulls my arm, “Let’s go.”
“Huh?”
He drags me down to his Audi and I didn’t dare speak.
He reverses fast, making the tires scratch the brick driveway.
“Scheisse!”