Status: Active

"Action Man Says He's Coming."

Chapter 24: Becker Meets the Blue Collar Boys

Jessi and Becker were cuddled up on a fancy lawn chair Becker’s patio wrapped up in a blanket. She’d finally been able to sneak away from her family. As much as she loved them she need some time alone with Becker. This was the first time she’d seen his flat. It had a very modern and simple feel to it with lots of stainless steel in the kitchen. It was very different from her little ranch house but it was something she would expect from him.

“Ok be honest baby, did you really have fun the other night?” she asked him.

“Of course I did,” he chuckled. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“Well you were kinda thrown head first into a completely different culture and my dad, grandfather and uncle probably did the full police interrogation with a dash of Mob threats,” she replied.

“You’re exaggerating it quiet a bit,” he smiled. “They just asked questions about how I was treating you, how we met, what I like about you, if I can take care of you. Things a father has every right to ask. Before you ask, no your mother and aunt didn’t bother me. In fact would you please tell them again that they are phenomenal cooks? I’ll have to come over to America one day and see your world,” he kissed her nose.

“I’d like that very much,” she smiled up at him.

Just then his stomach growled a little. Jessi chuckled.

“Do you have anything to make some samiches?” she asked.

“Samiches?” he laughed.

“Yea, sandwiches. Haven’t you ever seen the Blue Collar Boys?”

“Who?”

“Oh Lord have mercy!” she laughed. “You know Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White?”

Becker still had a blank, confused look.

“For Heaven’s sake! You’re lucky I have my copy of Blue Collar Rides Again. I was gonna let Abby borrow it but you have to watch it first,” she told him.

“Ok sounds interesting. I’ll order in some lunch,” he said as they got up.

“No I’ma make you my favorite samich. My Carnivore Special,” she told him heading to the kitchen.

“What does that entail?”

“I need white bread, bacon, roast beef, turkey and shredded cheese. You through it all together and toast it. ”

“That doesn’t sound very healthy,” he chuckled.

“Nope. But that’s why it taste so dern good,” she laughed lightly.

30 mins later they’d gotten what they needed from the store and slapped two sandwiches together. Jessi popped in the movie and they settled down on the couch with their plates and a big bag of Cheetoes. It wasn’t long before Becker was bright red and clutching his sides. She’d never seen him laugh so hard. It was hilarious. To make matters even funnier she had to pause occasionally to explain a few especially redneck things to him.

“Baby, you have a great deal to learn about rural America,” she laughed.

“Apparently,” he laughed back as they made their way to the kitchen.

“Next time I go home I’m taking you with me.”

“I’d like that very much.”

She looked outside. It was getting dark.

“I think I should go,” she told Becker.

“You’re probably right,” he replied smiling. “I’ll walk you to your truck.”

When they reached Jessi’s truck they kissed good-bye before she started for home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this sometime ago and I don't remember why I put it up. Hmmmmm oh well. It's kinda a short, sappy chapter but don't worry the action will start up again soon!

Thanks to all who commented!!!!!!!

Ice Cat