Status: Active

You'll Never Know.

Pretty Ladies and the Marine.

The Next Day.

"Oh my God, he's coming over with Brent!!" She squealed, grabbing my forearms. "She" was actually Daniella, or just Danielle as she told me to call her. I turned around to see exactly who was coming that made Danielle and practically all the other girls scream, so annoying with their squealing. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate it or anything but, really. Do you have to squeal in my ear like a pig?

Exactly.

"Oh. It's Grayson." I said. glancing over my shoulder. Immediately I turned around and gave him a wave and smile. Brent, I think, was also with him. I swear those two were attached by the hip.

"Hey Eva." He said walking over his voice surprisingly clear over the lunch buzz. It was only a day since I came here, but everyone still flocked over to my table.

I could see why the girls squealed over him though; if he tried, he could use his good looks and make every girl go weak in the knees. His friend Brent could do the same, with his bad boy figure.

"Hey Grayson." I replied.

"Call me Gray." He smiled.

"And you, pretty lady, can call me Brent." Brent swooped in, taking my hand and planting a kiss on it. I flushed as "ooo"s traveled across the room.

"Brent, stop trying to rape her." Gray said, pulling his fraternal twin back. He looked back at the group of girls. "So um, we were wondering would you guys like to head out to the mall or something tonight? Kinda like a group hang out kind of thing?"

"He means a group date." Brent translated. Before I could say a thing, Danielle agreed.

"Totally, we can so go!" She said, flashing them a smile so bright I thought I would go blind.

"But--" I started.

"Great then!" Brent interrupted, or just didn't hear. "Meet you there at 7?" There were agreements, and before I knew it I was pulled into a group date at the mall.

~~~~~~

"Mom, can I perhaps have tonight off?" I asked, gingerly. She was currently collapsed on the couch.

"Huh?" She said, half dead. I felt so guilty, how could I do this to my Mom? She worked herself hard 5 days a week just so we could survive.

"Actually no." I laughed nervously. "I can skip the mall, just get some rest, okay Mom?"

"What? No, no, no!" She started, bolting up, stretching. She kicked off her heels and walked over to me, embracing me. "You go to the mall and have some fun okay? I'll watch the kids."

"But Mom, you're so tired." I started. She put me at arm length.

"No, it's okay." She smiled at me. "I would rather take care of the kids, and let you have a social life Eva! As a teenager I had one, so I want you to have one too. Go have fun, get a boyfriend or something! I don't want you to watch the kids all the time!" Tears pricked my eyes. How could someone be so kind?

"Okay." I whispered.

"Oh, and I'll do your make-up to so go shower get changed, darling!" She said, pushing me in the direction of the stairs. I quickly jumped into the shower, washing my hair and conditioning it. Like a little teenage girl, I ran to my room to look for clothes.

"Oh, hi darling!" Mom was already there. She gestured at the cute outfit already on my bed. A cute blue dress with a collar and cuffed elbow length sleeves, pair with a bold black belt, black tights and some one inch wedged blue polka dot shoes. I smiled at her fashion sense, so cute and innocent.

"So, what should we do with my hair?" I asked, gesturing to my reddish brown hair after I finished changing.

"I was thinking maybe.... Oh, I'll just show you." She said, sitting my down. I did as I was told, and sat there for about a half an hour letting her did was she pleased. I could tell she was having fun with this.

"Can I look now?" I asked her as she started to work with my hair.

"No! I want you to be surprised." She giggled devilishly and I could only hope she didn't do something off the top.

~~~~~~

"Hey Eva! Over here!" I stuffed my keys into my purse and jogged over to meet Brent and Gray in the parking lot, they were leaning casually on Brent's car, waiting. We'd planned on going to the movies first, and then the mall.

"Hey guys, where is everyone?"

"They canceled." Gray sighed and shrugged. "Guess it's just us three tonight for the movies."

"Um, make that just you two." Brent said, quietly. Gray gaped at him.

"Huh? Why?" I said. He shook his phone.

"Sister's suddenly home. She's been away at the Marines for a while. Gotta run!" He punched Gray playfully on the shoulder and said something like, "Get some." and tried to hop in his car, but Gray grabbed Brent's arm and whispered something. Brent twirled out of his grasp and drove his car away.

"So... um... just us?" I asked Gray, who was standing speechless and shocked at Brent.

"Uh.. yeah, I guess." He gave me a small smile. "Let's go?" I looked at Gray. It won't be so bad.

"Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
:o oh my my my, A DATE! :D