Status: Completed. Thank you~

Early Mourning

Seventeen

"I don't know, just the way he reacted.. it was scary. Made me wonder what's happened to him, his past y'know. It's just... I-I don't even... I want to learn about him. I want to get to know him" I spoke, stroking the fur of a puppy in my arms as I sat on a chair behind the counter. Enrique nodded his head and thought about what I had said. James drummed his fingers on the counter and thought for a couple of seconds.

"Well, obviously what ever Dane's been through has had a serious toll on him. What he needs is to open up and start moving on before his condition gets worst" James said, getting on his knees and arranged stuff behind the counter. Enrique nodded his head in agreement.

"Dane needs to get out more, I bet you when ever you two hang out it's the only time he's outside" Enrique said quietly, tracing random designs on his hand.

I shrugged my shoulders and hugged the dog in my arm. I looked down at it and it peered back up at me. I giggled and kissed it's head. For the past hour I've been hanging out with Enrique and James, it felt pretty good. Before these past two months I had been coped up in my apartment all day aside from going to work. I should have seen it coming though, that's what you get for moving to a different state I suppose.

Talking to Enrique and James seemed to flow easily, we just clicked as buddies. It surprised me really but it was good. Though this is the first time we've hung out and it's only been less than an hour, I can tell we're going to be great friends.

"You should invite him out to hang with us" James suggested. I titled my head at him, chewing over the idea.

"I don't know... Dane isn't really one to talk much, he'd feel kinda awkward" I got up and put the dog back in its pen.

"Larson's right. Dane doesn't talk much. In fact the only time I've seen him talk is to Larson, and that's only ever a sentence or two" Enrique mumbled. James looked over at me as I made my way back over to them.

"Get to know him, make him open up to you. I know I haven't met him, but somethings telling me that he really needs help" James instructed me. I nodded my head and took my cell phone and the sticky not out of my pocket. I quickly sent the number a text and slipped it back into my pocket.

James furrowed his eye brows, deep in thought. "What is it?" Enrique asked, touching his boy friends arms. James shook his head.

"Dane sounds too familiar..." He whispered placing his hands over Enrique's. "How does he look like again?"

"Brown and black hair. Brown eyes. Constantly wears beanies. Gauges and he's really short." I described. James mouth dropped and he froze in place.

"What?" Enrique asked again. James closed his mouth and shook his head abruptly.

"No, it can't be. Don't worry about. Just make sure he doesn't hurt himself, Kay?" James said and looked at me.

I nodded my head skeptically.

What does he know that I don't?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited January 25, 2014


Thanks for commenting.
IComeAliveAtNight, trav-e, BlackRosesBleedBlack
We have a guy who commented :D Thank you very much sir.

Comment And Subscribe