Status: Active/Unfinished

My New Addiction

Let Love Be

Jess

“We’re going off to the bonfire tonight okay!” Brian informed us as soon as we got off the van.
The band had a few days off after this show so attending it wouldn’t be much of a drag. The show didn’t feel any different from the rest of the shows we’ve played considering that we were at home but there were times when I catch Stephen looking at me while his back faced the crowd. He then throws that awfully attractive smirk of his.
“I swear to God, Gomez, if I mess up, I’m going to beat you up.” I say to him while Brian and Jobe kept the audience amused for a few minutes by throwing corny pick up lines at each other.
“Beat me up where? In bed?” Nostalgia hits me then I recall the past few days dating the douche that was my best friend. I’m not supposed to blush but how does one control the sudden rush of emotion?
“Maybe.” I replied at an instant, bursting into laughter afterwards. Thank God the rest of the show went pretty well. I just hope no one in the crowd suspects my fling with Stephen.

----------------------------------------------

We finish the show and goes directly to an open desert. Familiar faces were all over. I see The Maine, All Time Low, A Rocket To The Moon and the other bands we’re touring with casually sitting around the open fire. Courtney and I head out to the drinks before anyone else can. A little girl time is all I need. I just realized I haven’t been spending much time with my acclaimed partner in crime.
“I missed having girl time with you.” I groaned.
“Me too, Jess.” She said. “But you gotta build this relationship with Gomez first before we go giddy on all the romantic things he does.”
“He does make me swoon.” I say jokingly, swaying as I say it. Laughter fills up between Courtney and I. “He’s a bit of a charmer.”
“Well, then. I’m really happy for you Jess. You deserve him more than anyone else in the world.” She examines the food table set up not far from the fire. “I mean, I haven’t seen him this happy in a very long time. He smiles more often.”
“Really?” Perhaps another detail that I passed out on.
“Yeah, I mean, look at the way he is now.” I glance over at the more sociable Stephen laughing along with Justin Richards not very far away. “You make him happy, if you haven’t noticed.”
As much as I hate to admit it, Stephen did look more blooming. I say as we take a bowl of nacho chips to ourselves.
The rest of the night was spent socializing with people we’ve met before and catching up with tour stories we couldn’t get enough of. I met a few people from different bands.

“Jess Bowen, The Summer Set, right?” an unfamiliar face extends his hand for me to shake. “I’m Chris. Kamrada. I play drums for There For Tomorrow.”
“Nice meeting you! I’ve met Maika and the other Chris before!”
“Climber. Yeah, I’ve heard!” This guy had pretty nice hair… and lips. And hot damn, those arms. But then , that’s what drumming will give you: overly large muscular arms. We talked about merch and the specs of our kits before we bid our goodbyes. Props to the kid, he was attractive and a chill guy to talk to.

I scoot over to Courtney who had a bowl of Nachos all to herself. Courts and I sit over by the fire and I was basically consumed in thought and just stating at the flame. I could hear the people’s chatter and I found it fairly hard to tune everything out. I think I just caught the emo or something. I didn’t realize I was drowned in thought until I saw Stephen taking over Courtney’s seat beside mine.
“I’m quite the charmer, aren’t I?” Stephen said, mocking me.
“Shut up, Stephen. How’d you even hear that?” Blushing yet again. I wonder how you make this stop.
“I was just nearby, Jess.” A straight-faced Stephen said.
“But it is true,” He continued, taking my hand and intertwining it with his. “You do make me happy, more than anything else in the world.”

Everyone else was seated around the fire now. Well, except for the other people getting food but besides that, we were all at home with people we knew so well. I just look at him and stare at the brown-eyed wonder whose face was inches from mine, my hand in his and all of my heart with him as well. He sent my stomach into a deep pit of giddy feelings. Something between Stephen and I changed. We weren’t just best friends anymore. I don’t know how long this fire will last, but I’m positive that this will burn so bad when either of us will let go.

Stephen pulls me up and takes me towards a cliff, if I’m not mistaken. It was quite a walk but I can barely see the flame that the group has lit up, so I assume we were far enough.
“It was tough getting you alone tonight.”
“Yeah, and by tough, you mean just pulling me up my completely comfortable seat to take me to the middle of nowhere.”
“The pulling you up part was the hardest.” He said, smiling that famous smile of his.
“You seriously have to stop doing that.” I say, dumbfounded.
“Doing what?!” He seemed surprised.
“That smiling thing. I’ve never seen that smile before. It scares me.”
“Scares you how?! And what kind of smile?!”
“That smile you do… when you look at me. It’s just- unexplainable.”
“Teach me how to smile then.” He laughs
“Like, um.-“ I grin then pout at the same time so it looks weird. Stephen then pecks me as I do it, hitting my teeth with his lips.

“GOMEZ! You just kissed my teeth!” I push him lightly, causing him to lose his balance.
“I don’t mind kissing every other part in that smashing body of yours.” He said, positioning himself above me after regaining his balance. He plants a kiss on my forehead, then to my nose, then-
“Did you just say smashing?” I cut him off before he could get to my lips.
“Maybe I did.” He said, planting yet another kiss on where I had expected him to hit. I don’t know how long the kissing lasted but it lasted long enough for us to reach the back seat of his car. It was parked in the darkest corner of wherever we were. I was just hoping no one would reach us then a bright light shone across us as I was just ABOUT TO take Stephen’s shirt off, silhouettes of four familiar figures against the light. So much for getting my hopes up.

"Courtney's hair gives it all away," I groan.
"Her hair's just too red sometimes." He replies.
“We can endure the teasing after this, right?” I asked Stephen, my forehead pressed against his.
“As long as you’re with me.” He replied, leaning towards me for the night’s last kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mibaa deleted off the last chapter for some unknown reason -_- Proofreading the next chapter. It'll be up soon!

and, this is Chris Kamrada aww yeah okay you'll read about him more often I guess?
1 2 3