Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Alex

Two years ago

”Alex? Alex!” I opened my eyes at the sound of my name. “There you are!” I looked up to find myself laying on the couch. Jennifer was standing in front of me, a big smile on her face. “Were you seriously sleeping?” She chuckled. “It’s four in the afternoon. What on earth have you been doing that got you so tired?” “Nothing.” I mumbled.

Actually the guys and I had been up all night, counting and splitting the money, while discussing our next robbery. “Sure….” Jennifer giggled. I glared at her before pulling her on top of me. She squealed and laughed. “Alexander William Gaskarth, let go of me!” “How about no.” I chuckled and kissed her.

After a few minutes she pulled away. “I should go make dinner. They guys are coming over for dinner.” She tried to get up, but I wouldn’t let her. “Alex…” She warned. “Jenny….” I mocked.

She hit my arm lightly, but I just tightened my grip on her. “When are we gonna set a date?” I asked, motioning to the ring around her finger. She shrugged. “How about after we tell our parents?” “Sounds good babe.”

I still couldn’t believe we were getting married. But after dating for five years, and living together for two, it seemed like the logical step. There was only one thing that kept me from actually saying I do to her and that was the big secret I was caring with me.

How on earth was I going to tell the girl I love I robbed banks for a living. I tried to tell he before, but till this day I’d always chickened out at the last second.

Jenny saw me looking at her and blushed. “What?” She mumbled. “I love you, so much.” She giggled. “I love you too Mr. Gaskarth.” I kissed her again. “I know you do soon-to-be-Mrs. Gaskarth.”

I wide smile spread across her face. “I like the sound of that. Jennifer Gaskarth, yeah, I really like it.” “Well, I love it.” I smirked. “I can’t wait to get married to you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t believe how much of a coward I am. It’s only a week until the wedding and I still haven’t told Jenny the truth.

But I was going to do it tonight, she had to know. How could I get married to her when she didn’t even know the real me. She would understand, I knew she would.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Jenny. Can I talk to you for a second?” She nodded. “Of course baby. What’s wrong.” “I…. I have to tell you something.” Her face fell. “You’re not having second thought about the wedding do you?” “What! No! Of course not! If I could I would marry you right here and now.” “Than what’s wrong.” She leaned her head against my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

“You’ve heard about all those robberies lately right?” I felt her nod against my chest. “Well, there’s something you should know about me and it has something to do with that.”
“What?” She chuckled. “Let me guess, you and the guys are the ones doing this.” “Actually yes. We are.” She looked up at me and laughed. “Very funny Alex, now tell me what’s up.” I shook my head. “No Jen, this is what I wanted to tell you. I rob banks, that’s what I do. I’m sorry for never telling you, but it was better that way.”

“Alex stop it. It’s not funny.” Jennifer warned. “You need me to prove it?” I asked and grabbed her hand, pulling her toward the basement, the one place in the house she never came, because she was scared.

“Alex, stop, I don’t wanna go down there.” I ignored her and dragged her down. “Look.” I said and pointed to the stacks of cash and a couple of weapons on the floor.

Jennifer stared at me. Then she screamed. “Get away from me! Leave me alone! You’re sick! I hate you!” She kept screaming. “I’m gonna call the cops! You should not be walking around free, you bastard!” She tried to get back upstairs, but I grabbed her waist and pulled her against me. “Jenny. Jenny! Calm down! Please!” She kept screaming and kicking, but I managed to keep her there.

I grabbed a rope from the floor and tied her to one of the pillars. “Jenny I’m so sorry about this. But I can’t have you calling the cops.” I pressed a kiss against her forehead and left.
I called the guys to come over.

“And?” Was the first thing Jack asked when he, Rian and Zack came in. “She freaked. Threatened to call the cops and turns us in.” I sighed. “Where is she now?” I locked her in the basement to calm down.” They nodded. “I’m sorry.” Jack said. “Don’t be.” I mumbled. “I know you don’t want to hear this, but we need to come up with a plan in case she won’t understand.” He said. “You know about our policy Alex, not loose ends, it’s way too risky.”

My eyes widened. “No! Jack, no! She’ll turn around, you’ll see. I can’t kill her Jack. I can’t.” I pleaded. Jack nodded. He understood that I could never hurt Jenny, but that didn’t mean the rest of the guys couldn’t. “You can’t keep her locked on the basement forever Lex.” Rian said. “Just give her some time, please.” I said and they nodded. I was sure a few day would be enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four days passed. I’d locked Jenny in the bedroom, making sure there was no phone in there. I’d been sleeping in the guest bedroom myself.

Jack, Rian and Zack were downstairs in the living room, watching TV. I knocked on the bedroom door. “Jenny? Babe? Are you okay?” I slowly opened the door and saw Jenny sitting on the bed. She saw me and threw a book at my head. “Go away! Leave me alone! Let me go!” She screamed.

“I can’t do that Jen, not unless I’m sure you won’t call the cops. Please Jenny?” I begged. “Fuck you Alexander. The second I get out of here I’m turning you in.” She spat. “Please Jen?” I asked one last time, but she ignored me. I sighed. “I love you Jenny.” I said and left the room.

When I came downstairs Jack, Rian and Zack were looking at me. “Do it.” I said flatly and left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took forever, but I'm having a writers block and this was the best I could come up with.

Also guys, I'll be going to Spain for two weeks the 20th, so I won't be able to update until I get back.

Love, Felicia.