Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

I laughed at Alex’s dog, Sebastian, as he barked and caught the popcorn I threw at him in his mouth. “Your dog is too cute,” I giggled. “Sebastian, it’s Peyton’s turn now.”
“You can call him Baz,” He said. “That’s what everyone else calls him.”
“Baz?” I laughed at how weird it sounded. I tossed a piece of popcorn to Peyton.
“It’s really sad how my dogs are stealing you from me,” He teased. “You’re never allowed to come over again.”
“Oh, shut up,” I pushed him playfully after giving the dogs one more piece. “Alright, that’s it, doggies.” I turned to Alex, “Now let’s watch this movie we were going to watch before we got distracted.”

We got distracted? You got distracted,” He chuckled, pressing play on the remote.
“Yeah, yeah,” I rolled my eyes. I put my feet in his lap and pulled the blanket over me since he had the air conditioner on. Sebastian Baz and Peyton sat on the couch with us.
By the time the movie came to the middle, I was practically in Alex’s lap. He didn’t tell me this was a scary movie. I shrieked and got closer to Alex, hiding behind the blanket.
“It’s really not that scary,” He laughed, trying to take the blanket away from my face.
“You’re right, I usually wouldn’t jump as much. But after you’re fucking traumatized personally, everything is scary,” I said. “Now give me the blanket!” I snatched it from him and put it back over me. I looked around his house to keep myself entertained during the scary parts.

I’d been to his house a few times actually. His house was immaculate compared to my small studio apartment. I would never expect him to have a house like this, let alone keep it completely clean. Between him and his dogs, I always had the best time here.
He's just so… fun to be around. I know it sounds cliché, but he made me feel alive. He made me temporarily forget about what happened and why I didn’t have a job. It was like I was carefree and had no problems whatsoever. I’d only know him for a couple of weeks and already I could tell he’d be there for me. He was like my protector.

“Alex?” I asked, after the movie was finished.
“Yeah?” He got up and stretched, walking into the kitchen.
I sat on one of the stools at the bar. “What do you do?”
“What?” He played with his hair and got something to drink from the fridge. “Want anything?”
I shook my head, “I mean like, what do you do for a living?”
“Uh, my job? I work at a music store…” He said.
“A music store gets you this?” I scoffed.
“I mean, there are bank loans, you of all people should know that, Miss Accountant,” He said, coming over and standing in front of me.
“Not anymore,” I mumbled. “But okay.”
“I’m sorry about what happened,” He said lowly. “You didn’t deserve that.”

I shrugged, “It’s over now. You don’t have to apologize, you didn’t do it so it’s just…whatever.”
He set his drink on the counter behind me and rested his hands on my thighs. I looked up, pushing my bangs out of my face. I suddenly got anxious and self-conscious. I was barely breathing when he got closer, our lips inches apart. I got tired of him hesitating and reached around him, pulling him down until our lips finally touched. Our mouths moved in sync and let’s be honest here, Alex was a great kisser. It actually felt good to be affectionate with someone again.
We both pulled away reluctantly, realizing what happened. I let my hair fall back into my face to hide my cheeks. I was probably blushing like crazy. I licked over my lips, and bit down on my lower lip.

“I really like you, Karina,” He said genuinely.
“Your friends don’t,” I muttered.
“Well, they’ll have to get over it. I like you and that’s all that matters.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys have been waiting for them to kiss, we're gonna speed it up a little. :)

Comments/thoughts/favorite part?

What do you guys think will happen?

*~Lynn~*