Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

DC Date

Carson

"Can I ask you a question, Jack?"
He furrowed his brows.
"You can ask me anything, Nascar."
"Why did you go talk to Landon last night?" I asked.
"We have things in common, Carson," Jack said carefully. "She just needed a shoulder to cry on."
"Why am I not that shoulder?"
"Because you wouldn't understand, babe."
"But she's my twin sister! She can tell me anything."
"Maybe just this one time she can't?"
"What do you know that I don't know?"
"Not my secret to tell, Cars." Jack sighed, kissing my forehead. "You shouldn't worry though. It's not bad."
"That makes me feel soooo much better." I rolled my eyes. "Do you think that we should get back?"
"Well we'd have to round up Alex, Landon, Falon, Carter, and Garret."
"Do we have to?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.
"Yes, Carson." He laughed. "Come on, it won't be that bad."
"I'll go get the guys. You round up the wild children."
"You got it." He winked before he left me in Zack's living room. I begun searching and quickly found my sister's three best friends.
"Sup, Cars?" Falon replied groggily.
Once apon a time, I had the biggest crush on Falon. He knew that I liked him too, but I was way to shy around boys for his taste.
"Eh, rounding up everyone."
"I see that." Carter commented, standing up and stretching out his limbs.
"These Baltimore kids sure do know how to party."
"Yeah, especially the graduated ones."
"Graduated?" Falon laughed lightly. "What?"
"Rian, Zack, Jack and Alex all graduated last year. Most of the people at these parties are college aged."
"Why are you two invited then?" Garret asked.
"Because Carson loves me," Jack stated, his lanky arm slipping around my shoulders. "Kidding but they're Alex's siblings."
"Alex is your brother?" Carter asked, looking horrified.
"Step," I corrected. "No blood relations."
"I guess that's better? Alex was all over Landon and vice versa last night."
I laughed.
"Good one, Garret."
"No, he's being serious," Falon stated. "They were making out everywhere. It was kind of weird."
Jack sighed heavily.
"Dammit."
"What?" I asked, looking up at the big nosed guitarist beside me.
I knew that her friends were watching us.
"Alex and Landon...."
"What about them?"
"They're just...I have no fucking idea. It's kind of frustrating me."
"Dude, you sound jealous." Falon commented.
My head snapped in his direction.
"Jack..he didn't."
"Whatever." He snapped, turning around quickly and leaving the living room.
I turned back toward the three in front of me.
"Why in the fuck did you have to say that? Of all things you could have said, you chose that one fraze?!"
"Carson...chill. I was just joking. Why is he so defensive anyway?" Falon questioned.
"Because Alex is his ex," I replied. "They were together for a while, and Alex broke Jack's heart. It's not something any of us joke about. Unless it's Landon. She enjoys pissing off Alex."
"Tis my favorite sport." Landon stated, walking into a room with Alex right behind her. "What were we talking about here?"
"Nothing," I mumbled.
"Why did Jack just snap at me and the rest of the guys?" Alex questioned.
"Falon's a dipshit." I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes. "He just made a off comment about you, and Jack just...snapped?"
"You can say that again..." Alex chuckled lightly. "You can make out with him, he'll forget why he was ever mad in the first place."
"You know too much about my boyfriend." I shook my head.
"He was totally mine first. Oh and he really likes it when you -."
Alex was stopped by Landon's hand cupping over his mouth.
"Lex....gross." She shook her head. He just shrugged and playfully winked at her. "Andddd you're shameless."
"You are too." Alex laughed, once she removed her hand. "We should go skating today,"
"I can't. I have plans with Ace."
"Nice choice."
"I know, he's hot." She smirked in his direction.
"Dammit, Landon." Alex laughed.
I shook my head.
"I'm going to go look for my pouting boyfriend."
"Remember to just shove your tongue in his throat. He can handle it. Ow! Fuck!"
I assumed that Landon smacked him again.
I shook my head and walked out of Zack's house to see Jack just waiting in Alex's car. I opened the door and slid in with him.
"Jackie...what's wrong?"
"That Falon kid...I just don't get a good vibe from him,"
"Falon's not that bad, Jack. He didn't know that Alex was your ex. It's not his fault."
"I know." He groaned, covering his face with his hands. " I just...I don't like talking about Landon and Alex. It's a little weird."
"Why do you say that?" I asked, slipping my hand into his over-sized one.
"Because it's just....they have something going on, Carson. I can just tell. They both deny it outloud, but I swear...."
"Jack, you worry to much. You just need to stop thinking about them, okay?"
"Okay..." He trailed off looking at me.
I smiled sweetly before pressing his lips to mine. The kisses were short, but they were helping Jack.
Maybe Alex was right about that.
I giggled out loud, earing a look of bewilderment from Jack.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing..." I smiled cheekily at him. "Do you want to go somewhere today?"
"Depends on where we're going..."
"Can we...drive to DC?"
"Why?"
"Because, I want to show you my favorite spot."
"You do?"
"I do," I confirmed before kissing him softly.
"Okay," He laughed. "When do you think that Landon and Alex will be out here?"
"In a minute." I shrugged. I kissed him again on the cheek.
"Where exactly is this type of spot?"
"You'll see. Patience is a virtue, Jack Attack."
"And you know me enough to know that I obviously have none."
"That's a very valid point..." I allowed.
<3

"Shopping?! You decided to bring me here instead of somewhere uber cool?"
I rolled my eyes and tugged on his hand.
"Come on, Jack. Move those skinny ass legs of yours."
"I hate shopping, Carson. You can ask Lex. Why do I always pick the ones that LOVE to shop?!"
"Drama Queen." I muttered, tugging on his hand yet again. "Stop complaining and move with me. It's not that bad,"
"Carson, where are you taking me?" He whined.
I lifted my head slightly, pressing my lips to Jack's with a slight force before I pulled my head away.
Thank you platform heels.
"Jack Bassam Barakat! If you don't fucking shut up I swear that I-."
"CARSON?!"
My head snapped in the direction of the voice that yelled my name from. Standing fifty feet away from me were my old friends. They were all in the latest fashions, as usual, and standing around talking. No doubt about people.
"AH!" I smiled, looking over at them. "Can I please go over there, Jackie?!"
He sighed.
"I don't care, Carson. Do what you want."
"Come with me?"
"I...okay." He nodded his head slightly before we were walking toward my friends.
"Where have you been girly?!" Chelsea asked me.
"You dropped off the face of this earth." Lita added.
They were the only two mutual friends Landon and I had.
"Totally MIA," Lilly stated.
"I got kicked out." I laughed nervously. "Didn't Daddy tell you that?"
"Well he did but he didn't tell us that you still were living in DC," Lita pouted.
"I'm not," I smiled at them.
I missed my friends.
Even if they are bitchy.
"Where then?" Lilly asked.
"I moved Maryland with my mom and Landon."
"Gross." Chelsea scrunched her nose. "Are there any private schools there?"
"Yeah, my step-brother Alex went to one up until high school," I stated.
Jack looked awkward standing there in front of my high-class friends.
"Who might this be?" Lita questioned, noticing how I was looking at Jack.
She's always catching little gestures.
"I'm Jack, Carson's boyfriend."
"Whoa... Cars finally got a boyfriend." Chelsea stated, nodding her head up and down.
Jack nodded awkwardly.
"I'm going to go to the bathroom right quick. Okay?"
"Okay, Jack Attack." I laughed, pressing my lips to his after his arms wrapped around my body. "I'll see you when you get back."
"I hope so," He joked before kissing me again. "I love when you wear heels. It makes this a whole lot easier."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm fun sized...get over it." I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed him toward the bathroom.
Jack rolled his eyes too before he disappeared toward the bathroom.
"He's a little common, don't you think?" Lilly snapped.
My head snapped in their direction.
"Well...he is. But he's seriously the sweetest person ever."
"He's adorable." Lita nodded.
"But a little thin..." Chelsea.
"He's not all that little..." I mumbled.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Lilly asked, raising her eyebrows at me.
"Jack's...he's...well...he has a big tool belt." I bit my lip nervously and blushed like crazy.
"You've had sex with him already?!?!" Chelsea snapped. "That's fucking insane!"
I blushed even more.
"No one knows but you guys, okay?"
"How old is this kid?"
"He's 18. He graduated high school already."
"Does he go to college?" Lilly asked me.
"No...he's a guitarist in a band..."
"Can we see them play live sometime?"
I chewed on the inside of my cheek for a moment.
"Sure. Look, they have a gig next Friday at a place called The Rave. You guys should come then. But I seriously suggest flats and normal clothes."
"Fine. Whatever." Lita giggled. "We'll be there."
"I think that Falon, Carter, and Garret are going to be there too." I added.
"Great! Well we have to go and get stuff done..." Chelsea trailed off. "Tell your lanky boyfriend we said bye."
Lilly scoffed.
"Or don't. It really doesn't matter to us if you tell him or not."
"O-okay." I nodded.
My friends hugged me and I turned around to walk off. I started toward the bathroom, and I found a spot to wait until Jack came out of the bathroom.
"Hey..." He trailed off. "Where did your friends go?"
"They had to leave. Stuff to do and what not..." I trailed off, and stood up.
"Well are you ready to go shopping?" He asked sarcastically.
"Actually, I want to take you where I've always wanted to take someone special."
"Sounds great." He chuckled and then he kissed the top of my head.
What if Jack really isn't good enough for me?
What if my friends don't approve?
I've decided that I'm screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think is going to happen?
Lita, Lilly, and Chelsea are now in Characters :)
xoxo Rae