Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Movie Date

Landon

"So what do we do now?" I asked Alex after I showered and returned to my room. He was laying on my bed and staring up at the ceiling.
Alex looked at my face and smiled.
"What do you mean by that?"
"I mean what are we supposed to do? I don't exactly know what to do. I haven't had a real relationship in over three years."
"We could do a number of things. The day is still young. It's like three in the afternoon."
"That's very true." I nodded my head, looking for some clothes. "You're taking me to the movies."
"I'm taking you?"
"Don't make it sound like a question, Alexander." I joked lightly before pulling on a pair of underwear and a clean bra.
"You so fucking demanding." He chuckled.
I rolled my eyes and ignored him while I finished picking out something to wear.
"It's our first date, right?"
"It better be." I replied playfully.
"Or what?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.
"That's for me to know and you to find out. Which in this case, you probably shouldn't find out." I joked. "Go get ready please."
"What if someone sees me leaving your room naked?"
"Put on your damn clothes that you were wearing before they came off your body." I shrugged.
"Can't I just wear those? They're clean...."
"Go for it." I rolled my eyes before I moved to my bathroom. I combed my wet hair and bangs before brushing my teeth. Alex walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around my body.
"Are you seriously brushing your teeth?"
I nodded my head as I finished.
"They were dirty."
"That's just because you're mouth has been in some naughty places today." Alex playfully winked at me.
"Ha. Funny." I replied as best as I could before putting back my tooth brush. Alex let go of my waist and stepped back while I touched up my make-up.
"You don't need all of that."
"Yes, I do." I argued, finishing off my eyeliner.
"That's one good thing about dating Jack. He never had to take forever to do his make-up,"
"What about his hair?" I questioned.
"I take longer on my hair than Jack takes on his." He laughed.
I rolled my eyes and sat down the eyeliner stick.
"Are you ready to go now?"
"Hang on, I have sex hair."
"It's pretty sexy if you ask me."
"Yeah, but I can't go out in public like this." He whined. "Five minutes?"
"Five minutes." I finally agreed. "But that's it. I'm going downstairs."
"Okay," He nodded. "Kiss?"
I looked down and blushed slightly.
"Kiss." I laughed before placing my lips to his softly. I pulled away with a smile on my face. "I'll be in the kitchen,"
"Mmkay." Alex nodded before he turned toward the mirror.
I laughed at him before I turned around and exited the bathroom. My smile continued to grow as I came to the realization that this is my first legit relationship. It made me happy. I hopped down the stairs and I walked into the kitchen to find both Peter and my mom standing there. They were laughing about something.
"Whatcha guys up too?"
"Just chating about a show we were watching," Peter stated, smiling at me.
"Ohhh...okay. I came to get a apple," I stated.
My mom smiled at me before reaching into the fruit basket and tossing me a apple.
"Where's Alex?" Peter questioned.
"He's upstairs getting ready. We're meeting some friends to hang out in town." I lied swiftly.
"Oh. Have fun, baby doll." My mom smiled at me.
I nodded my head and turned back in the direction I came in. The second I reached the door, Alex landed on the last step. I grabbed his hand, and pulled him out of the house with me.
"What was that for?"
"Our parents are in the kitchen and I told them that we were going out town to hang with friends." I shrugged.
"Good lie." He laughed as we slipped into his car. Like normally, his hand easily slipped into mine as he drove.
"I don't like lieing."
"But don't you like messing with people?" Alex asked with a small laughed.
"That's different!" I giggled.
"Not really, Lan."
I bit my lip, and looked over at him as he drove.
"Why do you like me, Alex?"
"You're hot." He scoffed.
My smile faultered, and I wanted to sigh.
"Thanks..."
"But that's clearly not the only reason why,"
"It isn't?"
"Nope. Not at all. You're actually pretty cool, Landon. You're so comfortable with who you are, you can skate better than I can, you play the guitar, and you can kicke my ass in beer pong. It's like dating a better version of me,"
"Wow...way to sound cocky." I rolled my eyes.
Alex squeased my hand tighter in his.
"I'm really glad that you've decided to date me," He admitted. "I was terrified that you would say no."
"What in the world would make you think thatttt?" I asked sarcastically, looking back at him.
"I didn't tell you about Lisa? And I did just break up with the chick,"
"That's true... that and I'm not the best person for a relationship,"
"But we're trying right? That's good enough for me, Lan."
"Are you positive? Are you sure that you want to try this?"
"I'm sure." He smiled over at me. "Why are you all of the sudden insecure? What happened to the cocky Landon?"
I rolled my eyes and smirked.
"She's still right here."
"She better fucking be," Alex laughed as he pulled into the nearly empty movie theater parking lot. Not a lot of people want to go the movies at three in the afternoon on a Saturday. Which I was sort of grateful for. "I hate not having the ability to hold your hand in public."
"Yeah..." I sighed and agreed.
"Landon, at least kiss me before you get out of the car?" He questioned.
I turned my head toward him, and a girly smile made it's way across my lips. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his lightly.
"I like these kisses better than the angry make-out sessions," I stated after I pulled away.
Alex's goofy smile spread across his lips.
"I couldn't agree more."
Content with his reply, I slipped out of his car, and shut the door. Alex met me around the back of the car before we started toward the movie theater. I crossed my arms over my chest as we walked while Alex left his hands down by his sides.
"This is hard...." I whined as we walked. "I feel weird not holding your hand."
"I feel the same way, Butterfly."
"Butterfly? What the fuck?"
"You're free like a butterfly." He shrugged. "I thought that it fit." He explained. I stayed silent as we walked, thinking it over. "I get it. You hate the stupid nick-name."
"No," I laughed. "I-it fits me, Alex. It really does."
"So it's not shitty?"
"It's not normal....but I do love it." I smiled at him.
He sighed and then smiled sweetly at me.
"This is fucking hard."
"I'm such a contact person....and I know that you are too."
"Fuck." Alex sighed, picking up his pace.
"Why are you walking so freaking fast?"
"The sooner we get into a dark room, the soon I can freely kiss you and hold your hand."
"Aweeee." I cooed with a small smile as we walked to the window. Alex picked out the movie, I wasn't even paying attention. We walked into the theater. "I want a Dr. Pepper."
"Sure." Alex smiled. "A medium Coke and Dr. Pepper." He told the vender. "Oh and popcorn."
"M&Ms too." I smiled.
"Yeah, get us some of those. No extra butter, please."
The vender nodded and begun to get us our stuff.
"I really have to go to the bathroom, Lex. I'll be right back."
"Mmmkay," He nodded.
I turned around and practically rushed to the bathroom. I'm not normally a girly girl, but I suddenly felt nervous. This was my first date....ever. Even with my boyfriend three years ago, we never went on dates. We just hung out at the White House or his house. We were always making out or something along those lines. Not once did he take me out. Alex, however, quickly agreed when I wanted to go out. I wasn't really expecting that...but I was glad. Minus me having a mini-freak out in the ladies room.
I quickly checked my outfit, looking at it. My sweat shirt hid my band tee under it. I thought about it for a moment before I slid off the hoodie, and held it in my arms. I quickly checked my hair that was drying curly. I didn't look half bad. I slipped out of the bathroom, and was met quickly by a over-loaded Alex. I giggled lightly before I grabbed both the popcorn and my drink form his hold.
"Thanks." He smiled at me. "Nice shirt."
I looked down at it, realizing that it was my favorite band.
"I fucking love Blink."
"It's my favorite band," I giggled.
"Mine too." Alex nodded in agreement with a silly smile. We walked into the dark theater and found a varity of spaces open. "Where do you want to sit?"
"Anywhere you want to." I shrugged. "I really don't care." I laughed.
"Over here it is then." He chuckled, leading the way. I followed quickly before we got settled into our seats. "Do you mind if I mix the M&Ms with the popcorn?"
I felt my mouth drop slightly.
"You do that too?!"
"Yeah?" He laughed. "You do, right?"
I nodded my head as I offered the popcorn bin to him. Alex dumped the M&Ms in the bin until the box was empty. He shook the bin until t was mixed. I giggled lightly at my boyfriend.
"Alex...stop that! You're going to get popcorn all over me."
"Sorry," He laughed and sat the popcorn between us before he stretched his arms above his head until they landed across my shoulders.
"Wow...did you seriously just do that?" I giggled.
Alex looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows. I shook my head and snuggled into his side.
This date was going pretty great so far.

<3
"That was super sweet, Lex. Thanks for taking me," I stated, swinging our intertwined hands as we walked around the plaza pointlessly.
"Anytime," He laughed. "I really enjoyed myself."
"Well I should hope so." I joked.
"Ha, ha!" He rolled his eyes before letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I smiled up at him, and responded by wrapping my arm around his waist. We walked at the same pace. "Let's go get ice-cream,"
"But we just filled up on popcorn...." I whined.
"Come on, Butterfly. It's just ice-cream. I'll get you your favorite."
"Ha! You don't even know my favorite!"
"Mint Chocolate Chip," He smirked, looking down at me.
I stopped walking.
"How in the hell did you do that?" I laughed.
"I can just tell. That's the only ice-cream I've ever seen you eat. You won't go near chocolate."
"That's cause it's nasty." I made a face. "Mint chocolate chip, and vanilla bean are it for me,"
"Hmmm I love Vanilla Bean," Alex laughed. "But do you really want to get some?"
"Yessss." I trailed off with a sigh, but a smile on my face nonetheless.
"I knew it." He chuckled before we went into the ice-cream shop. After grabbing our ice-cream, we made it back out within five minutes. "Is it bad to say that I don't want to take you back home,"
I rested my head on Alex's shoulder as we walked.
"No. I don't want to go home just yet. I like being out with you. It's fun."
"I couldn't agree more..." Alex trialed off and I felt a small kiss on the top of my head.
A blush fluttered across my cheeks.
"What am I supposed to tell people now?"
"That you're taken by some guy that you met over the weekend."
"Alex...I don't think that's going to work..." I trailed off, and I looked up at him. "I seriously need a plan here."
"How about you just say that you're not into dating or hooking up right now?"
I gave him a dry look.
"Do you really think that people will buy that?"
"God, I hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised...this chapter is longer, as will the next one be! :D
Comment please!

xoxoRae