Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Promise Me?

LANDON

“Alexander? Can you come here for a moment?” Peter’s voice called down from the lower level of the house.
I huffed, and cuddled myself closer to Alex.
“Coming dad!” He yelled back, loud enough from him to hear all the way downstairs.
“Do you have to get up?”
“I’m afraid so,” Alex replied, removing his arms from around my body. “I’ll be right back up,”
I nodded my head and remained silent while he slipped out of my room, and down the stairs toward Peter. I stared up at my blank ceiling, and thoughts raced through my head. Why didn’t Alex and I instantly jump each other as soon as he got back? Instead we just chilled with everyone else, and cuddled up. No clothes were removed in a fight for the bed. No grabbing and biting in a race to see who would win. No sex. At all. I figured that we would be, but we didn’t. It was strange, but I sort of liked no doing that the second I saw him. I was able to actually be myself, with Alex, in front of our friends. We got to hold hands in public instead of sneaking glances and the occasional kisses when no one was looking. I loved the difference.
My door creaked open, and my eyes shot to Alex’s returning figure.
“I’m back,” He said in a slight whisper before he shut my door, and walked back over to the bed. I scooted over, letting him back in with me. His arms wrapped tighter around my middle, and he brought me closer to him. I smiled, and cuddled into his body. My arms were wrapped around his neck lightly, and my hands weaved through his highlighted hair. I let my eyes slip shut, and I concentrated on Alex’s breathing. Our breathing was perfectly in sync with each other’s. I was content. I was happy. A loud sigh escaped his lips, and I knew he was over-thinking something.
“Lex?” I whispered, afraid to speak any louder than a whisper.
Alex slowly looked up at me. His brown, puppy-dog eyes, searched my blue ones.
“Promise me you’ll never leave me.”
“What?” I furrowed my brows.
“Landon, please? Promise me that you will never leave me. Promise me that you will always be by my side, through thick and thin. Please?”
I nodded my head eagerly, and searched his eyes. He didn’t say anything else before he pressed his lips against mine for a peck on the lips. He stopped and sighed heavily.
“I need to hear you say it, Landon. Promise me that you’ll be my butterfly forever,”
I felt an odd sensation in my stomach. It was so different from the other feelings I usually had.
“I promise,” I whispered.
“Thank, God,” Alex mumbled, cuddling into me. His head nuzzled into the crook of my neck, and he placed a soft kiss on my exposed shoulder. “I love you,”
“I love you too,” I whispered back, kissing just below his ear.
That was the scariest part of our relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated!

The past two chapters have been short, but are definitely important. Don't over look em.

♥ Rae