Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (27)

“So I was thinking maybe we could hang out Saturday.” Rob said.

“Sure.” I replied with a smile.

“How about a movie?” He asked.

“As long as it’s not scary.” I said.

“Ok, no scary movies.” He confirmed.

“We could see that new romantic comedy about the girl who falls in love with her teacher.” I suggested.

“First of all, I hate romantic movies. That’s a total chick flick. And second of all, that’s been done to death. I bet I’ve already seen a movie with the exact same story line.” Rob stated.

“Okay.” I said. “Maybe we should do something else.”

“Well I’m out of ideas.” Rob said.

“How about you get another piercing.” Derek joked, turning around to face Rob. “It seems like you’re getting one every other week.”

That gave me an idea…

***

I woke up Friday morning and immediately regretted staying out so late. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed, trying to wake up a little. Grabbing my towel off my desk chair, I went to the bathroom.

I turned the water on hot, but not too hot, and stepped in.

I was in the middle of washing my hair when I heard my phone ring. Crap.

I stuck my unsoapy hand outside of the shower and grabbed my phone off the sink, just barely grasping it. I brought it to my ear as soon my head was outside of the shower to my phone didn’t fry.

“Hello?” I said, unintentionally making it sound like a question out of habit.

“Hey.” The person said. Their voice sounded familiar and it was definitely male, but it was too fuzzy to be sure of who it was. “It’s Rob.” The voice said, making my stomach flutter.

“Oh. Did you need something?” I asked, trying to be polite, but shampoo was dripping from my hair and I wanted back in the shower to wash it out as soon as possible.

“Yeah, I was wondering if we’re still on for tomorrow.” He admitted.

“Definitely.” I assured. “I’m so excited.”

“Are you sure you really want to do this?” Rob asked.

“Positive.”

“Okay. I’ll pick you up at 3.” He reminded me.

“See you then.”

“Bye.” He said. I immediately hit the ‘end’ button and placed my phone back on the counter.

I ducked back into the shower, rinsing my hair, and then stepping out. I blow-dried my hair and put it into a side part. I walked back to my room, got dressed, then came downstairs, slipping my shoes on. I grabbed my coat and the gloves Rob had given me, slipping them on.

I left the house, checking my phone and seeing I had 30 minutes to get to school and I could get there in twenty.

The roar of the vehicle behind me didn’t scare me, it was the fact that it stopped scared me. I looked over to see Zeke’s van. Ugh.

He rolled the window down and beckoned me over, but I kept walking. A few moments later I heard him slam his door shut and then the slapping of his shoes on the sidewalk as he tried to catch up.

“Wait!” He yelled after me. “Cara, wait up!”

I picked up my pace.

“Come on!” He yelled, the slapping of his shoes faster.

I stopped and turned to him, shooting him a glare that I hoped would make him want to crawl into a hole.

“What did I do?” He asked helplessly.

I laughed at his ignorance, then sarcastically replied, “Oh, nothing.”

“Then get in my van, I’ll give you a ride. You’re going to get frost bite.”

I started walking again, but Zeke easily caught up and grabbed my arm.

“Talk to me.” He pleaded.

“Do you really not know what you did?” I asked incredulously.

“Well…I have an idea.” He mumbled, looking at his hand on my arm.

“Then leave me alone.” I hissed, putting emphasis on alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is so short and it took so long for an update.

Songs of the day:
Baby Blue Eyes- A Rocket To The Moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quUWedTZQNI

Beside You- Marianas Trench
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFsOzJVlgsQ&feature=related