Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Fish Fry

Holly smiled as the three boys came over and introduced themselves. She was still getting a weird vibe from the boy named Jacob. When Quil and Embry left to leave them alone Jacob finally snapped out of it.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry. I didn't mean to freak you out."

Holly clasped her hands together as Jacob sat down on the log next to her. She wasn't really good with the whole guy thing. Sure she had a few boyfriends, but they wanted more and Holly wanted to wait until she found the right guy before she had sex with him.

"I haven't seen you around here before...uh-"

"Holly." she introduced. "And you wouldn't. I just moved into that house up there yesterday."

Jacob whistled. "That house has been on the market for a while. Are your parents rich?"

"My step dad is. He's a lawyer."

"I see. Well welcome to La Push! Do you want to grab some lunch? I think Emily is cooking some catfish today."

Holly smiled. "Sure. Who's Emily?"

"Come on!"

Jacob grabbed Holly's hand and led her down the beach where his car sat. Like a gentleman he opened up the car door for her.

"Thanks!" Holly said as she got into the vehicle.

Jacob shut the door and rounded the car. When he was inside Holly buckled up. Normally she would be very shy around new people; especially a guy as hot as Jacob, but she felt comfortable around him. It was like she could tell him everything about her life. He started up the engine then left the beach. Jacob only drove a few miles until he came to a stop in front of an older looking two story house. There were several cars parked out front which made Holly glance over at Jacob.

"If this is a family thing-" she began.

"It's not. You're more than welcome to join us for lunch. Besides, you're my friend!"

Holly nodded as she got out of the car. She waited for Jacob before she followed him inside. She saw a lot of guys and only a few girls eating in the small kitchen.

"Save some for Jacob and his friend." the woman said.

Holly's mouth slightly fell open when she saw the woman's face. Half of it was perfect while the other half was scarred. She quickly looked away not wanting to seem rude.

"Who's this?" the woman asked.

Jacob smiled. "Emily this is Holly. Holly this is Emily, that's Leah, Sam, Paul, Seth, Jarred, and of course you already met Quil and Embry."

"Hi!" she smiled.

"Please help yourself Holly!" Emily told her.

Jacob handed Holly a plate. She thanked him then went around the kitchen island putting each dish that looked good onto her plate. She then nervously stood around not knowing where to sit.

"Here Holly have my seat!" Paul stood up and ushered Holy to sit down. She thanked him as he pushed her closer to the table.

"What would you like to drink?" Sam asked her.

"Diet Coke?" she asked.

He pulled a diet coke out of the fridge and handed it to her. She opened it up then took a sip before eating.

"This is amazing!" she said.

"Thank you!" Emily smiled. "There's plenty if you want more."

Jacob slightly glanced over at Holly. The others knew that she was his imprint that's why they were being so kind to her. Before the bonfire tonight he planned on telling her everything.

"Did you just move here?" asked Paul.

Holly nodded then told the others that her mom remarried and her stepfather bought this house for his new family. She told them that he was a lawyer and owned two law firms; one in Seattle and one in Forks. After everyone finished eating Holly began to help Emily put things up. Emily was so glad that Jacob finally found his imprint. Sure, she liked Bella, but Bella would always be loyal to the blood suckers.

"We're having a bonfire tonight if you want to join us." Jacob told her as she began to wash the dishes. "The elders will be telling one of their stories."

"Isn't it like an Indian thing?" she nervously asked. "Am I allowed to come?"

"Of course you are!" Sam said. He pulled Emily close to him and gave her a passionate kiss. "We would love for you to join us."

"Then yes, but I need to ask my parents first."

Jacob smiled widely. He was so happy that she agreed to go to the bonfire. He just hoped her parents would let her go.