Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Bella

"What are you doing here Bella?" Jacob asked.

She had told him yesterday that she was marrying Edward. He wished that she would just make up her mind and quit playing them both.

"I need to talk to you." she whispered then looked at Holly. "Alone."

"Okay. I'll be right back Holly. I'm sorry." he apologized before leaving the room.

Jacob followed Bella out of the house and towards her truck that was parked next to his car. She had her hands tucked into her jacket in a nervous manner. He stared into her eyes feeling nothing anymore. He remembered having strong feelings for her yesterday, but now they were gone. His heart now belonged to Holly.

"Who was that girl?" she asked.

"Holly. She just moved to town."

Bella scoffed. "Didn't take you long enough to replace me."

"She's my imprint."

Bella's mouth dropped. She didn't know why but she felt hurt that Jacob had finally found his imprint. Sometimes she wished that it was her. She knew she was engaged to Edward, but a part of her still loved Jake.

"What about me?" she asked.

"What about you?"

"You still love me don't you?"

Jacob sighed. He was so sick and tired of Bella. She only came around when she wanted to use him for something.

"I care about you, but I don't love you anymore. You're with Edward now and I have Holly."

"Well this changes things. I came here to tell you that I was getting cold feet. Now that you found Holly I guess I'm not important to you anymore."

Jacob rubbed his temples as he felt a headache coming on.

"Damnit Bella, you need to quit stringing Edward along. Either you want to marry the blood sucker or you don't. Make up your mind."

"It's kind of hard when you love two people at once Jake." her voice rising in anger.

"You need to forget about loving me." Do you not remember yesterday when you told me you were marrying him? Now go to him Bella and quit using me for your own selfish needs."

Bella felt tears beginning to fall down her cheeks. She loved Jacob, but after thinking about losing him for god last night she began to question her engagement.

"I don't want to lose you."

Jacob placed his hands on her shoulders. "And you won't. You'll always be my best friend."

Bella glanced over to see that Holly had emerged onto the porch. She softly smirked then leaned up to press her lips against Jacob's. He was caught off guard by the kiss. Why was she doing this? He quickly pushed her away from him before he gave in to her kiss and messed things up with Holly.

"So all that stuff about me being your imprint was complete bull huh?"

Jacob jumped when he heard Holly's voice. He glanced over to see her standing on the porch with her arms crossed over her chest. The look on her face made his heart ache.

"Holly, it's not what it looks like." he began.

She smirked not believing a word he was saying.

"Really? Because to me it looks like you both were kissing."

"She kissed me."

"If you say so."

With that last comment Holly took off down the gravel road. Jacob was about to go after her, but Bella stopped him.

"Didn't you feel anything when you kissed me?"

"Bella, I'm only going to tell you this once. I don't love you. I am in love with Holly. I thought I loved you but once I imprinted on Holly I realized what true love really is. Now leave me alone about all of this and go back to Edward."

Jacob watched as Bella's eyes narrowed. He didn't stick around to see what she had to say. Instead he took off running down the driveway to catch Holly. He had to make her see that Bella had kissed him just to make Holly mad.