Status: really slow updates, sorry

Me and you living under a Paper Moon

Therapy

Zoe`s POV

When I was about to leave the coffee shop, I heard Alex running after me. Before I knew it, he gave me the biggest hug ever and all I could think about was that Alex fucking Gaskarth was hugging me. To be honest, I kind of fangirled over the fact that he is famous, but most importantly I felt safe. He was so understanding when I told him my story, he didn’t pressure me into telling him and he let me tell him in my own pace. I paid attention to every little thing, like the way he smelled or the way he’d trace patterns on my back. Everything about this hug was perfect. When he let go of me, he looked at me with the most adorable smile ever and I couldn’t help but smile as well. I turned around and started to walk away and when I turned around another time, he was still standing there, looking after me.

On my way home I thought about what happened the last few hours. I met Alex Gaskarth and he’s the nicest and most genuine guy alive.

When I arrived at home, I silently walked through our backyard again and pushed open the window to my room. I climbed in and sat down on my bed, thinking about what to do next. I was way too excited to sleep. I stood up, walked over to my closet and opened it. I took out my pajamas and put them on.

Afterwards I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and tied my hair into a ponytail. When I looked into the mirror, I didn’t recognize myself: I was way too skinny, it looked more than unhealthy. My hair looked matt and overall I looked exhausted, but there was one thing that didn’t fit into the picture: the sparks in my eyes. I only met him today, but Alex was the reason why I had hope in me again. For once I felt like everything is going to be okay and maybe Alex would change everything. I really hoped that I wasn’t some random fangirl to him, maybe he really liked me. Maybe there’s a chance to meet him again. Maybe.

After a while I decided that looking after my dad would be a good idea, so I made my way downstairs. I looked around and found him lying on our sofa. He was asleep. He looked so peaceful. If I wouldn’t know it better, I’d think that he is an awesome dad. He was the best dad in the world, back then when my sister was still alive. We used to go to the zoo together, or eat ice cream until we were sick or just randomly go on a shopping trip. We were the perfect family. My sister’s dead and the alcohol changed him.

I found a duvet lying next to him on the floor, so I picked it up and lay it over him. I couldn’t hate my dad, not when he was asleep. He was the only person I had anymore, we never knew our mother. Dad raised us on his own. He always told us that it doesn’t matter who our mom is, apparently she was a drug addict and that’s why dad decided to raise us alone. How ironic, now my dad’s an alcoholic and that’s just as bad as being a drug addict. I wanna help him to get away from the liquid that makes him to the monster that he is, I even tried getting him to do a Therapy, but he doesn’t even wanna stop. It’s his way to cope, just like cutting is mine.
I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek
.
“Good night, dad. I love you”

I went back into my room and lay down in my bed. When I was about to turn off the lights, my phone started vibrating on my nightstand. I turned around, completely annoyed, and grabbed my it. I got a new text.

“What kind of asshole texts me at 5am?” I thought out loud.

I opened the message and read it.

'I’m glad that I met you today. Good night, Zoe. Xoxo Alex'
♠ ♠ ♠
okay this chapter sucks, but idek i don't know what to write anymore? well and it's already 2pm and i just finished it, so yeah