Status: Working On It :D

My Automatic Attention

Chapter 3

Two and a half hours of school later Bill walked up to the gate to meet Gordon, then we walked back to his place, which was only a block away from my house, we all walked in and said hey to Simone, and Bill lead me up stairs to Tom's room to see if he was okay. Bill opened the door to find Tom lay crashed out on his bed playing video games. The bed was placed next to the window with a Samy Deluxe poster above it.

“Oh, Call of Duty 3, best one I think.” I said, Tom gave off a small smile as he looked at me.

“Like you have played this!” he said with a very confident smirk on his face and a small cocky laugh to go with it.

“Great Rielle, now you've done it, here comes his competitive mode!” Bill said as he crashed down on the bed dramatically next to Tom.

I looked towards Tom, the competitive smirk now on my face as well, “you wanna bet”

“Go ahead, the other pad is right there,” he said pointing towards the stand that the T.V. Was on, “Bill can join in to-”

“Every man for themselves” I finished for him.

Three hours to four hours later the game was over, Bill had won both of us, but the most important thing was I beat Tom's ass at it!

“KIDS!.... FOOD!” we heard Simone shout to us from the bottom of the stairs.
We all ran down, talking and laughing as I was trying and failing at being bid headed about beating Tom as Bill kept bringing up that he beat me.

We got to the kitchen and Simone had ordered three pizzas, one for each of us. All peperoni, the boys picked up theirs and I was last to pick mine up, Bill had already ran upstairs with his and that left me and Tom to sit in his room. We walked in and Tom sat on his bed, I sat next to him, he opened his box and took out a slice and took his first bite and soon enough ate the whole piece. I took my time and was done shortly after. 15 minuets later Tom had finished his pizza and I had two pieces left, Tom looked at me as if to say I was a slow eater, I mean I knew I was kind of, but I can eat like a pig If I wanted, pizza is just not my favourite, now if it where doughnuts or pasta, that would be gone in seconds.

“What?” I asked with my mouth kind of full so it was a little muffled.

“Nothing, just,”he waited a moment “never mind” and looked away.

I ate the rest of my pizza and looked at him, “what did you want to say?” I asked.

“Nothing, just that... you... eat... slow?” I could tell that wasn't what he wanted to say, but all he could think of.

“Oh, I know, but that's just with pizza, normally I eat quite fast.” I said to him looking away at his covered walls.

“What are you looking at?” he asked, I looked back at him,

“Oh nothing, just all these pictures, did you draw them?” I asked amazed by the detail in them.

“Oh, um, those, um yer, mostly, some are printed off and others are from magazines.” he said.

He moved to lean against the wall and looked towards the hem of his shirt and started to play with a loose thread that was hanging off the bottom of it.

“Wow! I, I, these are amazing!” I said with pure astonishment.

“Well I'm going to be in your art class for the rest of the year so, maybe you could see some more?”

He said, but it sounded as more of a question than anything.

“Um, sure, I would love to see more of them.” I said with a smile while looking at him.

He smile at me and opened his arms as if asking for a hug, so I leaned in and hugged him, “ I'm sorry for what I did today, I didn't mean it.”

“It's okay, we all make mistakes, but some of of get great things for them” I looked at him with a confused face. “you got me as a friend,” he laughed, “but more importantly, I got you” he smiled brightly.

“Hey kids, I'm only getting the boxes then I'm out of here again” Simone said as she looked at us, with a slightly shocked face.... Tom and I where still hugging, she glanced between us and gave off a small smile, “I'll leave you two alone now.”
She walked out of the room, I looked at Tom and he looked at me. One word. Awkward! He let go and so did I, I moved a little and looked out of the window beside his bed. It had started to rain a little while ago and had gotten heavier by now. I was tracing the roots of different rain drops as they slid down the thin layer of glass between us and the outside world. I could see Tom out of the corner of my eye looking at me, like he was transfixed on my movement, or lack of, as it was.

What's up with you, its like you can't keep yourself from eating, and now that you have he's staring at you because your fat, he's lying to you, he doesn't care, no one does, who could ever care about you, even your own mother doesn't care, I think your the cause of your fathers death, I think he killed himself because you where born.

NO! my father died in a car accident, it was nothing to do with me, he was on ice and he couldn't control the car.

Are you sure, because to me it was like he did it on purpose I think it was all because of you, he was fine when James was born but he went completely off when you wher- I cut myself off from another argument again.

I looked towards Tom.

He looked towards me.

He moved closer.

So did I.

He leaned in.

as did I.

He closed his eyes.

So I did.

We got closer, he put his left hand on my right arm, I put my left hand on the side of his face. I could feel his breath on my lips, eventually I could just slightly feel the tingle of his lips on mine-

BANG!

Toms door flew open and there stood Bill with two other boys. “well, well, well, what do we have here Tom?” one of the boys said as me and Tom jumped apart, to opposite sides of the mattress.

“Nothing Georg, now what did you want?” Tom said with annoyance seeping through every word.

“Just came to tell you that we have band practice now and after that we have to go an interview fro that magazine and Bill wants you to hurry up and go, like, now!” Georg said annoying Tom further.

“Oh, well, okay, I'll be ready in like, say five minuets.”

“okay Tom but please hurry up” Bill said as the third boy closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long to get out.. i have just started collage and haven't had much time xx

Comments make me happy :).... and i may update more as well... criticism is accepted.

i may add a twist to this soon as well, Enjoy :D