Status: done.

You Drain The Life From Me.

I'm Down, But Not Out.

It must have been some silly mistake.

There was no way that Garrett's girlfriend's name was Rachael, because I was Garrett's girlfriend.

My name wasn't Rachael.

"Hey, Leigh? Have you seen John's--"

Kenny walked into my room in search of something. I couldn't even unglue my eyes from the computer screen long enough to ask him what he needed.

When he realized what I was looking at, he asked, "You saw it?" sympathetically.

I nodded wordlessly.

"I have no idea what that person's talking about. As far as I know, you're the only girlfriend Garrett has. He and Rachael are only friends."

I didn't want to hear it from Kennedy. I wanted to hear it from Garrett himself. Kennedy sensed that I didn't want to talk about it and walked out of my room.

I needed to know what was going on. But I didn't want to ruin what Garrett and I had together. I didn't want our relationship to fall apart when it had been going so smoothly so far. So I decided to look at it as some stupid typo and grabbed my shoes. It was time to go to the dugout so I could think.

*~*~*~*~*~*

One strawberry and banana smoothie and four self-pitched hits later, I was still conflicted and confused.

"Like you said, maybe it's just some stupid mistake," Lauren suggested while we sat on her bed, chewing frozen Otter Pops, watching Mean Girls.

"Yeah, but I mean, it's Rachael. He really liked her before."

"Yeah, before. Before isn't now. I really think you should talk to him, Leigh."

"But I don't want to make a big deal out of it. The kid who posted the comment was someone from school. Maybe it was just a rumor that some jackass started."

"Either way, the best way to deal with things is to find out the truth first and take it from there."

"Lauren, I just don't need the drama right now. I mean, what if it's true?"

"You don't know that. I sure as hell don't. Garrett does. Rachael does."

"I'm not talking to Rachael Roberts. Ever."

"Suit yourself."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Leigh, it's not true."

Garrett noticed that I had been acting distant in the past couple days. I didn't quite know how to act with the issue of the whole Rachael thing.

"Hmm?" I asked while searching through a box of vinyls.

"The comment on YouTube?"

"The one about Rachael?"

"Yeah."

I sighed and kept flipping through the S sections of the boxes.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Leigh, seriously? You're gonna pull that on me?"

"Okay, look. I don't want to talk about it. It was some kid's mistake. Maybe he heard a rumor or misheard something someone else told him. Or maybe that kid made it up cause he's a bunch of bullshit. I don't know. But can you please let it go?"

He was silent for a moment. It seemed like the whole world was silent. He and I had just gone through our first serious argument since we had started going out. Over a YouTube comment, no less.

"Yes! I found The Queen Is Dead!"

"The Smiths?!" he exclaimed.

I nodded excitedly, forgetting about our argument for a little bit as I danced around, celebrating my newfound treasure.

When I wasn't looking, he grabbed the record from me and ran to the counter to pay for it.

"Whatever you do," Garrett warned the cashier, "do not let her pay for this."

The cashier just rolled his eyes and scanned the item.

"Garrett Daniel Nickelsen, I swear to God I will--"

"Your total is sixteen dollars and thirty-one cents."

Garrett shoved a twenty in the cashier's waiting hand.

"Thank you, have a nice day," he replied, sounding like a robot that was programmer to say this phrase over and over again.

"This isn't over, jerkwad." I grumbled.

As we walked out of the store, he abruptly grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

"You know I love you, right?"

I nodded, noting how close his face was to mine.

"Then you should know that I love you way too much. I've given you so much love that I don't have enough for anyone else. I love you and only you, I promise."

I wordlessly nodded, reassured that what he was saying was true. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and took me by the hand, walking me home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I really don't like the beginning and middle of this chapter. But hopefully it's good enough for you guys! Thank you for all you new subscribers and to Althea for commenting! Please do subscribe if you like it and comment for any suggestions/predictions/thoughts you have (: