Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

I Will Forget Everything About You

As soon as I knew they were down the stairs, I looked back at Dr. Bennington. “Look, I’m sorry that I blew you off. It’s just…Parker went into a coma three weeks ago. I spent every waking minute I could with him…and then? He just…died…”

“Ok. Let’s talk about it. How, when, why…every detail.”

So, I told him…everything…including the time when I thought I didn’t love Parker anymore. I told him about how it took me nearly three hours to take the first step into the waiting room. I told him about how Pete cheered me up. The funeral. The park. The show. The kiss…and practice. I don’t really remember much of it, just that Coach Hollin’s was nagging the shit out of me and Cait accused me of cheating on Parker with Pete.
what the fuck?
yea, I know- that’s what I said

“…and that’s all I remember.”

He pursed his lips and looked deep into my eyes. “Emmy, you have developed another personality. From what little I have gathered, his name is Jakob. He is an African male in his mid-twenties that grew up in the Bronx. He feels an extreme need to protect you. And he absolutely hates your brother and friends.”

“What? Why?”

“He feels as though they don’t protect you enough.”

“Wait…he? How did I get a guy in my head?”

Dr. B nodded. “Yes, he. Most women develop at least one male personality. It gives them a since of security and protection. This is why those personalities are normally strong and aggressive. I am actually surprised he didn’t show up sooner. I guess it was the passing of Parker that spurred him to come out.”

“What are his triggers?” I asked timidly, dreading having to remember one more thing to avoid.

“Agitation from what I gather. Don’t let anyone get under your skin at school. I’ll call Dr. Green tomorrow so that he can inform your teachers.”

I nodded, knowing that I couldn’t win.

“I want to put you back together again, Emmy, but I need help. You have to make an effort. I’m bumping your appointments up to every week. What time is best for you?”

“Um, Sunday afternoons are my only free time.”

“Sunday at one it is. Do you want me to tell them, or are you going to?”

“You can explain it a lot better than me.”

He nodded. “Okay. See you Sunday. Remember, if anything happens, I’m just a phone call away. Take it easy, and TALK to someone. It will help keep them from coming out.”

I just nodded, not looking at him. He sighed and walked out the door.

I have another one? Sheesh, I thought I was getting better…
♠ ♠ ♠
21 subscribers + 17 reads (on the last chapter) + 2 comments= 1 very upset writer. seriously, guys, I know it kinda sucked, but I introduced a major character. 5 comments for the next one.

And to clear something up, there are no such things as "triggers" for the personality...but, again, this isn't real life.