Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Wish You Were Here

I couldn’t sleep at all that night. I kept tossing and turning. I even went downstairs once to get a glass of water. It didn’t help. I groaned for the umpteenth time in the span of the five hours I tried to get to sleep in. I rolled over and looked at my clock: 4:16. Huffing, I rolled back over only to be met with emerald eyes and a warm smile.

“What’s wrong, Pop-Tart?” he asked, using one of my many odd nicknames.

“I can’t sleep.” I mumbled back.

“Well, Silly, I knew that! Why can’t you sleep?”

“I have three other people in my head.”

“That’s not good. How come you haven’t told me before?”

I shrugged. “I thought it would scare you and you would leave me.”

He cupped my head in his hand. I felt nothing. “Am I leaving now?”

I shook my head. “No, but it doesn’t count.”

He cocked his head and brought his hand away. Still, I felt nothing. “Why not? I love you. You love me. How come it doesn’t count?”

“Because, you’re dead. You can’t run away from me anymore.”

He pursed his lips and looked away. I could see that he was in deep thought. Slowly, he turned his head back to me. “Dead?”

I nodded. “Yea. You were in a coma and your parents couldn’t keep paying the hospital to keep you alive.”

He nodded. “So, does that mean I can’t touch you anymore?”

I shrugged. “I didn’t feel your hand on my cheek.”

He looked down at his hand as he moved it to my waist. “Anything now?”

I shook my head.

I watched as his hand moved up my body. It was so weird to see him touching me, but not feeling anything. All I had was memories. Memories of the feeling that he gave me whenever we touched. “How about now?” He asked before brushing his lips mine.

I shook my head. “Nothing. God, Parker, you know how much I want to feel you…you’re just too far away from me. All I have are memories. You’re just in my head.”

He nodded his head. “How am I here?”

“I need you.”

“No you don’t. You’ve never needed me. You have Pat and the rest of the guys. They’ve always protected you more than I could.” He answered softly. It was like his voice was in the wind- barely there.

“Thanks, Parker.”

“Anytime.”

I smiled at him, remembering all the fun times we had together.

“Emmy, I want to you promise me that you’ll go to counseling more and move on.”

“I’ll try.”

He nodded his head. “Well, I better get going. You need sleep. Would you mind if I dropped by later to see how you’re doing?”

“Anytime you want to.” I nodded and smiled as he faded right before my eyes. I turned over and looked at the clock: 6:30. There was no way that 2 hours could have passed. Strangely, though, I felt rested and energetic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I kinda stole this from a Degrassi mini ("I won't Forget") and YES I am keeping the 5 comment thing