Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

A Rivalry Goes So Deep

I swung my legs over my bed and ran into the bathroom. I quickly showered and dried off before going back in my room to change. I looked at the clock. Time just seemed to have flown by and I only had thirty minutes to get to school. I ran into Pat’s room and woke him up before calling Will.

When I sat down for breakfast, time seemed to have slowed down. Mom smiled at me as she sat down in front of me. “How are you, Emmy? It seems that he haven’t chatted in a long time.”

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat my dry cereal.

“Emmy, talk to me. Dr. Bennington called me and said that he was over here before I got off work. What’s wrong?”

“What’s the point? He already told you.”

“Yes, he did, but I want to hear it from you.”

Luckily, Pat came down.

“I have to go to school.”

“Ameila.” Mother said in a warning tone. I just ignored her and walked out the door. Will was already leaning on the car…with Pete. I cocked my head in his direction as I unlocked the door.

“Mine’s broken. Mind if I bum a ride?”

I shrugged my shoulders and got into the driver’s seat. Pat slid in next to me with Will behind him. Pete was right behind me. I adjusted my mirror, catching sight of those honey orbs. Mentally slapping myself, I turned the car on and put it into gear. I didn’t speak on the drive to school, but the others were engaged in talking about music. I pulled into my spot in front of the school and quickly unbuckled my seat belt. Pat’s hand covered it. Quizzically, I looked at him a cocked my head to one side.

“Guys, you go ahead. We’ll join you in a few seconds.” When they were out and far away Pat looked me directly in the eye. “What’s wrong, Emmy? You always love talking about music.”

“Nothing.” Liar.

“Liar.” Damn him and our twin sense. “Tell me or else we’re not leaving this car.”

“I’m scared about my new personality.” cough*bullshit*cough

“Bullshit.” Damn “the truth this time?”

I rolled my eyes and hit his hand away from my buckle. He grabbed my wrist. “Let go, Patrick.”

“Not until you tell me the truth. I’m your twin, Amelia. You used to tell me everything. What happened?” I glared at him and jerked my hand away before unclipping my seat belt. He followed suit and had me down on the ground in a matter of seconds. Yea, he was slightly overweight and not the most athletic person known to man, but he could take down anyone if he set his mind to it. “I’m not letting you go until you agree to talk- not run.”

My arm, which was twisted behind me, began to hurt. His knee was digging into the middle of my back. “You’re hurting me.”

He eased up a little. “Better?”

I nodded.

“Are you going to tell me?”

I shook my head. He pulled my arm a little more, causing me to let out a low hiss.

“Hey, Fucker! Get off of her!”

My twin was lifted off of me. I stayed in my spot, tears threatening to come out.

“Hey, Sugar-Pie.” It was Brad. He gave me that nickname when Parker and I started dating. I felt one of his rough hands on my shoulder and the other on my opposite hip. “Come on, get up for Uncle Brad. That- a girl.” He held me close to him, like Parker had done so many times before. Damn, I really need to stop thinking about him.

“Brad, can I please talk to my sister without your interference?”

I knew Brad was narrowing his eyes. He was just that predictable. He was slightly squeezing me, too. “What? So you could hurt her some more? I don’t think so. I promised Parker that I would look after her.”

I had had enough. It was my turn to say something. I squirmed out of Brad’s grasp. “Ok. That’s enough. I can speak for myself. Brad, thanks for helping out, but you’re going to be late for class and you know how Coach hates his players to be late. I’ll be fine talking to my own brother, ok?”

Brad nodded gruffly. “I’ll be watching you.” He said gruffly to Pat before shouldering past.

I looked back at my twin. “What?”

He shrugged. “I’m sorry, but I really want to know what’s going on with you. You never talk to me anymore.”

“You really want to know what’s wrong with me?! My boyfriend, who was my first everything, just died! And you expect me to be all nice and normal about it?! Fuck you. All of my friends are fake-ass and only associate with me because I’m “popular.” I am way too fucking stressed out. I’m not myself. I associate with everyone and close to know one. I’m confused, hurt, and lonely. For the first time in my life, I don’t know what to fucking do. I can’t eat. Can’t sleep. And can’t concentrate. OH! And let’s not forget that I have three other people in my head! And I can’t control them!” I bet my face was fire hydrant red by the end of my spiel. I was breathing heavy and I knew that if I didn’t do something soon, one of them would come out. I controlled my breathing- making it slow rhythmical.

Pat looked shocked. “Wait- what?”

I shook my head at him. “I knew you wouldn’t understand. I’ll see you in Bio.” I walked passed him, the tardy bell obnoxiously ringing over the school yard.

I went by my locker and grabbed everything I needed out of it. Just before shutting it, I looked over at the inside of the door. There was a picture of Parker and I over the summer. We were, once again, “playing football.” He had his arms wrapped around my waist as I was doubled over and protecting the ball with my small body. There was a light in both of our eyes. Anyone looking at the picture could tell that we were in love. Thoughts overwhelmed me and I could feel tears sliding down my cheeks. I took in a ragged breath and slid down to the floor.

Get it together, Emz! You can do it! I didn’t even notice the tattered black Chucks in front of me, nor did I notice him slide down and sit next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to keep up the five comment rule. There's 26 subscribers, so asking for less than 1/5 of you to comment isn't that bad