Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Calm Before the Storm

“What happened to you, Emmy?” My boyfriend of two years asked me.

I was taken aback. I thought it looked good. “Y-you don’t like it?”

He sighed. “C’mon, we have to go.” I frowned as he led me to the car, opening my door and closing it after I slid into his ’67 Camaro. We rode in silence for ten minutes. When we reached the last stop light in the town, he looked at me and ran his fingers through my hair. “Are you going to dye it back before school?”

“No, I like it the way it is. I was so sick of that icky blonde color! I was sick of being a clone of myself.”

He retracted his hand and sighed deeply. “I’m sorry, Emmy. I just need to get used to it.”

“Thank you.” He looked straight ahead and laced his fingers with mine. “So, where are we going?”

“Chicago. There’s this new restaurant that I’ve been wanting to try out for a while now. Then, we can go for a stroll-”

“In Chicago at night? You must want us to get killed.” I joked.

“There’s something I want to show you. We won’t go in the bad parts, promise.”

I smiled at him. “I trust you.”

He grinned at me and pushed the accelerator. “I love you, Emmy.”

“Love you, too.”

The restaurant was quaint with a posh, sophisticated air. The food was great, don’t get me wrong, but I felt highly uncomfortable. I wasn’t like most girls that adored getting dressed up and going to fancy restaurants just to blow their boyfriend’s money. I was way more comfortable in jeans and a hoodie, and actually quite happy just hanging out at the house and watching stupid movies, cracking corny the entire time.

Parker reached his hand across table and smiled at me when I took it. “Happy two years.” He said softly.

“Happy two years.” I replied.

“Did you enjoy your food?”

“Yes, and I am so full!

“Well, let’s get out of here and walk it off. I’m feeling fat.”

“You’re a stick, Parker. There’s no way you can feel fat.”

He shrugged and walked me out the door. You could tell that summer was ending. There was a small bite to the air. I snuggled into Parker and he put his arm around me.

“It’s not that cold,” He told me.

“That’s because you’re a guy and you’re not wearing a thin dress.” I retorted.

“Thank god for that.”

“You just like it because I’m pressed against you.” I said with a smile, turning so that I was now in front of him and pressing myself against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. “And since when has that been a bad thing?”

“I don’t know.” He leaned closer. We were only an inch apart before my cell decided to come alive. I groaned and fished it out of my purse. “Oh no. something happened to Pat. Can you take me home? I’m so sorry for this.” He sighed and nodded his head. “I’m so sorry.” I lightly pecked his lips before he led me back to the car.

That’s the fastest he’s ever driven with me in the car. I was so scared. The text just said “Pat emergency. Come home quick.” My legs were bouncing the entire time home.

“Settle down, Baby. Everything is going to be fine.”

My head snapped in his direction. “What the fuck did you call me?”

He groaned. “I’m sorry. I- I just wanted to calm you down. I forgot. I’m sorry.”

My face softened. “It’s okay, just- don’t say it again.”

He grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it. “I’m sorry. We’re here. Call me the first chance you can.” He kissed me lightly.

“Thank you so much.” I said before quickly dashing out of the car and into my house.

“Pat! Patrick Martin! Where the fuck are you?!” I ran throughout the house. When I passed by the basement doors, I could hear muffled voices. I ran down the steps, only to see the guys jamming with Pete. Will was sitting on the couch looking highly amused. “Patrick Martin Stump, don’t you fucking dare do that to me again! Do you know how worried I was?!”

He got up from behind his drum kit. “Do you know how fucking worried I was?!” he yelled back at me.

“What the hell are you talking about? You know I was with Parker!”

“Yea, in the worst part of Chicago!”

“Uhm, no. we were in up-scale Chicago.”

“You’re a fucking liar. I heard his creeps of friends talking about what you were “doing.” How you were going to some sleazy motel to get it on. You’re a fucking whore.” By now, everyone was enraptured in our fight.

“Fuck you. You know I’m not anything like the sluts that cling to me.” I stormed up the steps, pausing half-way up. “He took me to a nice dinner, by the way, and you ruined the set up to a perfect kiss. See if I talk to you anymore.” I spat, stomping the rest of the way up and slamming the door behind me.

‘What did I fucking do to deserve this mess? He should know better by now that I’m not like that!’ Frustrated, I put in a random Papa Roach CD and changed into my pajamas. I curled up into a small ball on my bed and wished that my mom was back. I wished that my dad never sexually abused me before he left so many years ago. I wished that my life was different- that I was different. I was so sick of all the rumors and gossip that followed me constantly. I hated how everyone wanted to look and dress like me. I didn’t feel like me anymore- it was like a constant out-of-body experience. I stood up and walked to the mirror. The girl looking back at me wasn’t me. She was a stranger. I hated her. I picked up a random object off of the vanity and chucked it at the mirror. The glass cracked, making a creeping spider web, but it wasn’t enough. I began assailing the mirror with everything that touched my fingertips. I hated her. I wanted to ruin her.

Will bolted into my room and grabbed me around the waist, making sure that my arms were secure by my side. I wrestled and squirmed in his grip. “Guys! A little help here?” tears of rage were pouring down my cheeks. After many failed attempts at escaping, I stopped writhing in his arms and slumped defeated against his chest. He turned me around and let me cry into his shoulder. I didn’t notice, in my flailing, that everyone but my twin came into the room.

“Shh, little Emmy. Every thing’s gonna be alright. Willy-Boy’s here now. Stop your crying,” William said softly, rocking me slightly from side to side.

“Damn. Girl, remind me to never piss you off.” I heard Pete joke from somewhere. That only made me hurt more.

“Dude, don’t” Joe warned. “Ems, I’m gonna clean this up for you. But I don’t want you staying here. You’re not in the right mind-set. Go home with Will- he’ll take care of you.” I didn’t respond.

William wrapped a blanket around me and picked me up. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said gruffly to Joe, Chris, and Pete before carrying me down the stairs and out of the house.

“I’m sorry, Emmy. You know I don’t mean it.” I heard my brother say. I was too numb to respond. I was down to my basic level. Fear and hatred were the only things I knew.

I felt like I had all those nights ago. Cold. Scared. Confused. I didn’t know what he did to me then, but I hated him now. We passed by the lit houses. Mrs. Whittaker was outside. She must have heard everything, because she was shaking her head. The new neighbors looked confused from their second floor window, but I didn’t care. What I did care about was Parker’s face when he saw my in Will’s arms. He looked hurt and confused. I almost felt sorry for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
what happened? haha. you have to stick around and comment to fins out. Oh, and FYI: all the chapter's are in Emmy's POV unless otherwise stated =D