‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

12.

Rachel's POV

That was a bullet to my chest. Josh was such a touchy subject with me. I hated talking about it because - one, I missed him. I always thought about how differently life would be if I still had him. And two, it made me think about my flawed past with Pete. Which I hated. I hated remembering how it felt to just shut down all my feelings for him. I tried so hard to forget what happened that day, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried...

"Rae...?" Alex's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Rae!"

I slowly turned and faced him. Should I tell him that Josh was not his, it was Jack's? Should I leave that detail out and just have him keep thinking he was a father?

"Rae!" He shouted again as I just stared at him, a blank expression on my face.

I drew a deep breath in, ready to tell him the truth, when my phone rang. I expelled all the air in my lungs, silently thanking God. It was Pete.

I slammed the phone to my ear, desperate to get out of telling Alex anything. "Hey, baby, what are you doing?"

"I just rented a moon bounce. Get your ass out to the parking lot now!" He yelled over the motor of the moon bounce.

"Fuck, oh my God, I'll be right out there!" I yelled, scrambling to my feet. I ran across the hall and bust through the doors, smiling as soon as the sun hit my face. I saw the giant red, blue, and yellow house towering by the buses. Shit yeah!

I ran over to the house, gazing up at it. Fuck, I loved Pete too much for words.

I slammed into Pete, sending us both into the side of the large blow up house. I kissed him roughly. I was so happy.

"Race you to the top?" He said as we pulled apart.

"You're fucking on, Wentz!" I laughed, scrambling inside the bus. I pushed open the emergency hatch before being dragged down by him. I yelped as he started tickling my sides. That jerk! He knew how ticklish I was! That should've been against the rules!

I blindly kicked around, trying to make him let go. It didn't work. He had me on the floor, practically pissing my pants.

He crawled out of the emergency hatch as I scrambled to my feet. I crawled out after him and shoved him off the roof of the bus.

"Fuck!" He yelled, falling straight into the moon bounce.

"Holy shit," I heard someone laugh. I peeked over the side of the roof and saw Jack standing by the moon bounce. My breath hitched in my throat. Jack was standing like twenty feet away from me. It was so weird seeing him...

I stared down at the guys. It was weird seeing Jack, Alex, and Pete all together. They shouldn't be together. They were never supposed to meet. They were supposed to remain strangers forever.

I shook my head, hearing Pete yelling, "Jump! Come on!"

I did as he commanded and dived off the bus. Pete rolled over as I landed next to him. We both started laughing hysterically as we laid there. Damn, I loved him.

Our faces inched closer, closing the gap that seemed miles long. Our lips met softly. Even though it was a gentle kiss, I felt sparks and fireworks set off as soon as my lips met his.

I pulled away from Pete, staring at him, love clouding my vision and his.

"I'll beat your ass again!" He laughed, getting up.

I rolled eyes and got up after him, tackling him to the soft floor of the house.

"Dammit!"

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up to see Alex standing at the entrance of the bouncy structure.

I got off of Pete and pushed past Alex as I ran back onto the bus. I crawled onto the roof and stood there, watching as Alex and Jack talked with Pete. Jack looked up at me before turning and walking away. Weird.

Soon, Pete appeared next to me on the bus roof. He stood next to me and grabbed my hand. "Count of three," He said.

"One," I said, looking down at the bouncy house with Jack and Alex standing near it. Jess and Andy appeared next to them, staring up at Pete and I.

"Two," Pete said.

"Three!" Pete and I yelled together, jumping off the roof. Our hands were still tightly locked together as we crashed into the bouncy floor.

I laughed and rolled on top of him, "God, I love you."

He smiled up at me and pressed his lips to mine. Ugh, could this be anymore perfect?

We sat up and I crawled out as Pete just started bouncing. "Hey, you guys," I giggled as Jess and Andy shook their heads at me.

"Dude, how the hell can you do that?!" Alex laughed.

"Years of being with Wentz makes anything easy," I shrugged, walking past him.

***

"Oh, shit, sorry, dude," I said, immediately shutting the door. I just walked in on someone who was completely naked. I totally didn't mean for that to happen.

I heard the door click open as I was walking down the hallway.

"Rae!"

I slowly turned around, recognizing the voice. I shouldn't have turned around. Jack was standing by the door, his shirt hanging around his neck, and a sad look on his face. I made a mistake.

"Yo'?" I asked, walking down the hall toward him. For some reason, I didn't find it hard talking to Jack, like I did with Alex. I was annoyed with Alex the first second he opened his mouth. I wasn't annoyed with Jack at all.

His spell was still over me. God fucking dammit.

He quickly wrapped his long arms around me, bringing into a tight, bone crushing hug. Skinny man had some muscles hiding!

I couldn't help that my nerves danced at the feel of his touch. He still had this stupid effect on me. Four fucking years later.

"Jack, let go," I choked out as he chuckled and loosened his grip. He didn't let go of me fully. We were standing awkwardly in the middle of the hallway, hugging each other lightly. Wow.

He leaned down and kissed the top of my head before letting go. Why was everyone kissing my head? Did I tell him he could do that? No, I didn't!

He looked me up and down, then smiled, "You got prettier...as if that was even possible."

I felt my cheeks get red hot. I looked down at my Chucks and scuffed the concrete floor. I looked back up at him and wrapped my arms around his thin torso again. I cuddled my head into his chest and sighed, "I missed you, Jack."

That fucking spell that I couldn't fucking get away from...

"I missed you, too," He said softly, wrapping his arms around me. He gave the best hugs ever. Ever.

"Rachel?"

I pulled apart from Jack and saw Pete walking toward us. "Hey, baby," I smiled as he grabbed my hand and kissed the side of my head. See, more head kissing...

"What are you doing? I thought you were outside jumping off the roof."

"I was wondering where my partner in crime went," He said. "Also, Gabe started making sexual advances toward me."

"I leave you alone for five minutes and Gabe totally jumps on you," I giggled.

"I can't help the fact I am so irresistible."

"I feel you, bro," Jack laughed, causing Pete and I both to laugh. "So, uh, dude. Is the moon bounce still up? I wanna go cause some serious shit."

"Why of course it is," Pete grinned, letting go of my hand and running out of the building with my ex-fuck buddy.

"We'll hang later, Rae!" Jack yelled over his shoulder as he ran out of the building.

I stared at them. This tour was definitely going to be one I remembered for the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont like this chapter. but it's something so yeah. this is gonna be really short because ive got school in like 5 hours and i hate everything right now. so.

thanks -
Chachachloe
rivals are insane

comment?

x.