Status: Hiatus; current writers block.

The girl who cried "Wolf!"

02

I watched Emory approach the woman, a confused look on his face. I heard the person next to me mumbling “I thought Werefoxes were extinct.”
It confused me, Werefoxes? I’d never been told of them, were they like us? I put my questions aside, deciding I would ask my father later. I watched our Alpha talk to the woman, moving my gaze to her face I noticed just how beautiful she was; her long dark hair framed her face, big green eyes.. Then I noticed Emory start to walk away, telling anyone who could to grab her some clothes.
I pulled off my large shirt and walked towards her, “Here, ma’am. You look like you could use this to cover up a bit. If you follow me I can go grab you some clothes.” I said, passing her the shirt.
“Thank you, uh.”
“Tier.”
“Thank you, Tier.” She said quietly, slipping into the shirt.
“Follow me, ma’am.”
“Please, call me Crevayne.” She said, trailing behind me. I walked towards my cottage, alike all the others, walls made of the wood that grows in the forest, a roof made of the wild grass weaved together. I loved my home, it was cosy. “Your village is very charming.”
“I love living here, it’s fairly peaceful. Seeing as we’re a pack.” I explained, walking down the narrow hallway; our houses weren’t meant to occupy us in wolf form, so we don’t ruin everything inside. When I noticed Crevanye’s smell, it made my nose burn and the hair on my neck stand up. I had to concentrate to make sure I didn’t morph, I didn’t want to scare her. “Wait here.”
“Okay.” She replied, whimpering. I walked further down the hall, hoping the further I got away from her, the clearer my thoughts would get. As I got closer to my sister, Halia’s room.
“Halia?” I asked, tapping on her door with my left hand.
“Yes Tier?” She replied, opening her door and smiling at me.
“Can you grab a set of clothes for me? There’s a girl here, she needs some clothes.” She gave me a quizzical look and nodded, heading towards her dresser.
“What colour hair does she have, and what’s her skin tone?” She asked, searching through the top draw. “Oh, does she need underpants?”
“Yes, she does. Black, and pale.” After a few minutes of searching, she seemed to have found what she was looking for, pulling random items out of draws.
“Send her in, she can get changed here.” She said, placing the folded clothes on the bed.
“I don’t know if that’s a good idea Halia.”
“Why not?” She asked.
“She’s a werefox.” I replied, scratching my head.
“A what..?”
“Werefox. You know, like us but a fox.” She snarled, baring her slight fangs.
“A werefox!? What are you thinking Tier! Do you know what Emory will do to you when he finds out!?” She growled, crouching down.
“Relax. Emory already knows, he asked someone to get clothes for her, I wanted to ask her about the Werefoxes, so I decided I’d ask you to get her clothes.” She sighed, picking the clothes up and passing them to me.
“Whatever, Tier. Don’t come crying to me if you get in trouble.”
“I don’t plan on getting into any trouble.”
“Come off it, you’re always sticking your muzzle in where it doesn’t belong. Be careful is all I’m saying, Foxes aren’t as nice as they may seem.” With that, I turned around and walked out of the door.
“Crevayne, here’s some clothes. You’ll have to change here, I’ll leave the room, you call me back when you’re done.” She nods in reply, grasping the clothes. I walk out into the kitchen and to the freezer, “Hm. I wonder what’s in here.” I trail off, looking around and lifting things up. “Ah. Steak, perfect.” I take the steak out of the freezer, setting it on the bench to defrost.
“Tier.” I hear from the lounge room. Moving back in there, I stop dead in my tracks. “W-what?” She stutters.
“Oh, nothing.” I reply, “Well, we better go talk to Emory now.”
“Emory?” She asks, pulling a face I can’t really explain.
“Oh, our Alpha, the man that was talking to you before.”
“Oh, I see. I don’t really want to be rude, especially when I’m in dangerous territory. So, please, take me to see him.”

“Speak your name, child.” Emory spoke, his voice booming. Talk about intimidating.
“Crevayne, sir.” She replied.
“Tell me, Crevayne. What brought you here to trespass on our land?”
“I’m sorry sir, I was bringing back one of your pack. I found her wandering around in our lands.”
“What is the name of this pack member?”
“Adel, the small child who told everyone not to attack me.”
“Adel is my daughter. I thank you for bringing her back. What possessed you to come into the lands and not just drop her off at the edge of our territory?” Emory asked, folding his hands in his lap.
“I worried she would get lost again. Pups are the future, I would prefer getting slain protecting a pup than live and kill the young and innocent.”
“I see. You’re not what everyone expects of a Werefox, are you?”
“I would hope not. My kind are not what you have been told, I promise you.” He sighed.
“I’m sorry, Crevayne. But the action of one can’t prove the actions of many.”
“I don’t understand, sir.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Things will be explained a little more in the next chapter.
Thank you to the few who subscribed.