Sequel: Call It Karma
Status: Done :)

Sweet Illusions

the screen pass.

"So, what do you wanna do?" John asked looking at the brunette stretched out on the couch next to him vacantly watching the television screen. Even when she looked like a mindless zombie she was still pretty, he thought before realizing he was staring very obviously at her.

"What?" She smirked, completely oblivious to what he was saying, all she knew was the way his eyes looked at her sent pangs into her heart. Good pangs, but she couldn't help but feel afraid by it. It wasn't an explainable feeling, and to her it was completely confusing.

"What do you wanna do?" He chuckled, wondering what power she possessed to make him feel this way. She had no idea what he was thinking, but all she did was cross her legs underneath her and shrug casually. "Mmm, not a good answer," John laughed softly.

"Fine, I don't even know what there is to do around her anyways," Elliot, bit her lip staring at the re-run of Jersey Shore, slightly distracting her before her stomach grumbled loudly and evoked a blush onto her cheeks. "Maybe we could get food?" She suggested, her hands immediately covering her midsection as if it would mask another loud outburst.

"Sweet, I know the perfect place," He grinned before grabbing her hand, she adjusted her black racer back dress to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions and smiled innocently at him.

Image


Elliot tried to bury her face into her arms from laughing so much, she knew she looked close to retarded when she laughed this hard. Her body started shaking and she looked up at the boy sitting across from her cracked up from her cracking up. She blushed, only adding the redness to her face and she clutched her cheeks in embarassment. She was shocked when she felt a pair of hands moving hers down, her bright golden brown eyes looked up to see his hazel ones staring at hers.

"You're too cute to be hiding your face," He smiled meekly and just then Elliot felt her stomach twisting, her skin burning from where his fingers gently brushed her skin. "Besides, it's hilarious when you laugh that hard," he tagged on in a strange way. Elliot felt in a weird, in a completely unexplainable way. She was speechless and enamoured all at the same time.

"Thanks," She blushed awkwardly, tilting her head down to mask another blush and scanned her small hands with his still on it. She looked up at him with a bright smile.

"So I know- we're supposed to be playing this game, but I don't wanna play games with you..." John began and Elliot blushed knowing where this was going. She withdrew her hands and met their eyes. "I like you a lot, Elle."

"I like you too," Her voice brought down to a whisper. The winds whispered around them and she felt a breeze hit her neck in just the right position to make her whole spine shiver, but in all honesty she wasn't sure if it was the wind or the boy sitting across from her. Somehow the day had managed to completely slip past them, the night sky still sparkled with stars.

"I-I want to be your boyfriend," John sputtered out, wondering what the response would be. She smiled brightly, and felt her world sparkle around her, it was almost insane. She questioned if her life had somehow become one of the movies she'd watched delierously as a young girl.

"John, I hope you understand-" She began slowly, her heart pounding. She pulled her edges of her hoodie tighter around her and sucked in the cool night air. She prayed she could have the strength to deny her heart, but she wanted him. Plain and simple, the words he was saying sounded perfect to her.

"Stop talking, before you finish, know I'm not going to hurt you. This isn't a game to me like every other time, you have my word- I will not break your heart," John leaned over the picnic table of the cafe and spoke the words as if they were the last words he would ever speak.

"Stop! John, stop saying the perfect words - you're making it way too hard to say no!" She found herself joking at the absolutely worst time to make jokes. However, it was hard not to- she always made jokes when she felt uncomfortable.

"Then don't say no, Elle, don't," John chuckled, grabbing one of her hands and intertwining their fingers together. She flushed her cheeks, and nodded, biting her tongue.

"Okay, I won't. You're pretty convincing John O'Callaghan," Elliot smiled, before she was running off again, not even thinking about the little game she'd planned to play. All she could think about was the boy grabbing her hand, who had given her one of the best days of her life. Ignorance is truly bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
football reference for opening weekend.
also i appologize this is short, but i'm gonna start writing more for this :)
anyone still reading?!
and to anyone who's interested, i started a new story all that glitters