Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

Why Me?

“Remember class the first paper is due in a month! Please pick a time era that you will be interested in because I expect you to give a spectacular report on it” my teacher yelled to the class when the bell rung.

Students were already rumbling about how ridiculous it was to have an assignment due already but what do they expect in AP History. It wasn’t going to be a walk in the park like the rest of the college prep classes that most students take; it’s a lot more difficult than that.

Briskly walking to my second class which was AP English, I rubbed my shoulder when someone bumped into it muttering an apology. I bit back a groan grateful that they didn’t knock any of my things over; my eyes caught sight of a tall Native American boy my heart started to race seeing it was Paul heading my way.

I didn’t want to be around him at the moment since I didn’t want another bruise on my other shoulder, bending my head down I walked on the other side of where he was praying that he wouldn’t catch a glance at me.

I sighed in relief when he kept walking with his best friend Jared, laughing about something as he playfully punched him in the shoulder. Hearing the second warning bell ring, I quicken my pace knowing I had five minutes to be in my seat.

I suspected that all AP teachers were going to be the same with tardiness which would be unacceptable in their part. I remember taking Ms. Shay freshman year for Honor’s English; she wasn’t the laid back teacher in the school.

She was a bit of a hard ass, bolting to the entrance of the classroom I saw my blond best friend waving her hand towards me. I wanted to roll my eyes at her choice of seating which was in the back; I was never a fan of sitting in the back since there are so many distractions while sitting in the front you tend to focus a lot more.

Walking towards the blue eyed girl I smiled a bit, “Hey Ronnie, how was your first class?”

She rolled her blue orbs, “It was a fucking nightmare, and I hate Algebra 2. He already assigned us homework, what kind of bullshit is that?”

“I could always help you with your homework Ronnie, you know that. Mr. Whitman isn’t the nicest math teacher in the world either. I had him last year and he did some pretty tough grading”

She groaned sinking in her seat, “Thanks for the optimism, I could just see it oozing out of your ass”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “I said I would help you” I replied back “You will pass with flying colors! You just need to come over my house after volleyball practice”

“I hate volleyball, a fucking waste of time” she murmured.

I quickly reminded her that she needed to take it in order for her mother to get off her case for not being cooperative in school. Ronnie crossed her arms, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear ya” she glanced at me then back at her desk as her face brightened.

“You know what would make you the best friend that has ever lived?” she batted her eyelashes at me.

I leaned back nervously, “No” I trailed off, I had a feeling where she might be going with this but I didn’t want to assume anything. Waiting for her to reply with her brilliant idea she grinned widely when she answered.

“Why don’t you try out for the volleyball team? I know you will make it, I am co-captain so you’re a shoe in”

My brown eyes bugged out as I felt my mouth dry, “W-what? No way! Sports are your thing not mine.”

“But it will get you out of P.E.! The class that you despise with a passion!” she clasped her hands together “Pretty please with sexy men on top!” she pouted dramatically.

I pursed my lips as a sigh escaped my thin lips, “When is try-outs?”

Ronnie squealed, “Oh you won’t regret it I promise! Try-outs are tomorrow right after school”

I was starting to become nervous about the try-outs, what if I wasn’t good enough. I knew I wasn’t good enough so why doubt that. I, Shiori Song is a book worm who studies during most of her time, gets good grades, plays the violin, an obedient child and helps around the house. Now to add volleyball to the list, it just didn’t fit in.

Not one bit.

Ms. Shay walked in as she greeted everyone with a small smile on her face, once the greetings were over her smile was replaced with a stern look.

“If any of you think you are not capable of passing AP English I suggest that you walk out of the classroom now and drop out. This is not going to be an easy class and I will not grade lightly so, any takers?” she raised a brow.

A couple of students walked out of her class mumbling what a psychotic bitch she was before she turned towards us with a gleam in her eyes, “Welcome to AP English. I’m Professor Shay and I will be your teacher for the remainder of the year”

I winced in pain when I flicked my wrist gently, it was a bit sore from all the writing we did just for one class period. My hand was shouting with glee when the bell rang and Ms. Shay reminded us to have our topics picked by tomorrow.

Ronnie joined me as we walked to our next class, “As good as I am in English. I hate it. Hate it so fucking much” she said under her breath.

“You hate English or Ms. Shay” I chuckled at my friend’s dramatic nature when she huffed and slumped her shoulders.

She narrowed her blue eyes before answering, “Ms. Shay”

Luckily the rest of the day flew by and more homework was piled on because of the first day. I did regret a little bit for having so many AP classes but I didn’t want to disappoint my parents. P.E. was one of the worst classes that I had and it wasn’t fun one bit.

I struggled all the way through and having no friends to run with was a bother at times. Sometimes I wished I wasn’t so invisible to everyone around me. I licked my lips as I brushed my hair back into a neat ponytail seeing how it was a mess after running; I walked off to my last class of the day Physics.

Cursing under my breath in my native tongue I quickened my pace when the last bell rung, my heart started to thump loudly in my chest. I hated being late to class. Everyone always stared at you when you walked in like your type of wild animal.

Hoping that this teacher was a bit understanding than my other AP teachers I took a deep breath before I walked into the class while Mr. Worthington was doing roll call. He glanced at me before standing up straight.

“Your late” he said simply with a frown creased into his lips

“I know. I’m so sorry”

“Care to give a reason as to why you are late to my class rudely interrupting roll call?”

I swallowed the lump in my throat, “My c-class was on the other side of the school” I quickly added “It won’t happen again”

Hearing the class murmur in the background wasn’t helping either especially when I heard them mimicking my Asian accent while some stretched out their eyes sticking some of their teeth out.

I blushed in shame avoiding everyone’s snickers when Mr. Worthington said, “Don’t do it again. Last name?”

“Song” I responded.

He scanned the sheet whistling before he stopped at one of the pages, “Shiori Song, why don’t you take a seat”

I nodded as I meekly walked over to see what seats weren’t taken, some students just whispered and some others coughed a racial comment under their breath. Being surrounded by most Native Americans did single me out since they were all darker than I was compared to my pale complexion.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs when I saw the only seat that was available was one next to my tormenter.

Paul Grey

I took a seat not looking at the bully that sat beside me taking out my notebook to write down notes that he was writing on the board on what we should bring to class. I felt someone nudge me when I started to write and I tried to ignore it.

My eyes cast down wanting to focus on the white paper that was set before me as he continued to nudge me making my pen scratch across the page, I bit my lip when I heard his snicker.

“Hey, Ling-Ling” Paul whispered to me

‘Don’t say anything’ I thought just glancing up at the board and back to the paper but I spun my head around when he threw a piece of paper at my head.

“Yes?” I asked politely.

“Who the fuck are you looking at?” he sneered before he turned around talking to one of his friends.

I was a bit hurt at his snide remark, I haven’t done anything to him. Pushing aside what he has done to me so far I tried to focus as hard as I could as Paul kept tugging on my ponytail the whole period and when it ended my head was sore from the teasing.

All I wanted to do was go home and cry but I held it in as I saw Ronnie waiting for me by my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank Jessa M Lopez and Te'Amo_Alexx for the comments and I hope you like this chapter. I have no idea when Paul is going to 'disappear' from school but I was thinking in a couple of chapters or so. Still debating so please comment and subscribe!