Status: updating soon

When Hope Begins to Fade

Little Girl You're in the Middle of the Ride

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day I had planned out for Ali. I was taking her to get ice cream and we were spending the day at the park. Once I was dressed, I went to Ali’s room and woke her up. It didn’t take long for her to wake up when I told her we were going somewhere. I left her room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl and spoon and put it on the table. I grabbed the box of Lucky Charms and poured some into the bowl. I then got the milk out of the fridge and poured enough milk to go with the cereal before putting it up. Ali came downstairs and saw the cereal. She sat down at the table and began eating. Once she finished I put the bowl and spoon in the sink.

“Where are we going?” she asked quietly.

“Somewhere. You will see soon. Let’s go.” I smiled. I grabbed my keys and we got in the car. I made sure she had her seat belt on before I pulled out of the drive way. I had the radio on and Ali was singing along to the pop song that I didn’t recognize. I pulled up to the park and we got out.

“Why are we at the park?” Ali asked me.

“To have fun! Later we are getting ice cream.” I grinned. She smiled and he eyes lit up when I mentioned ice cream.

“Awesome!” she yelled before hugging me.

I laughed and hugged her back. “Now let’s go swing!”

X

I woke up to find that Ali still wasn’t here. When I got back last night she wasn’t here. Val told me that she was with Daddy, I mean Zacky. Jimmy wasn’t here either so it was pretty quiet in the house. I went downstairs to the living room and found Matt playing a game.

“Whatcha doin’?” I asked even though it was obvious.

“Playing Call of Duty.” Matt said without looking away from the screen.

I watched him for a little bit before walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a banana off the counter and tried to peel it so I could eat it. That didn’t seem to work. I walked back to the living room where Matt still was.

“Matt? Can you peel the banana please?” I asked quietly. I didn’t want him to lose at his game and then get mad.

“Yeah, hold on.”

I sat down on the floor and waited for him. I heard footsteps and looked up. Brian was walking into the living room and stretching.

“Bri!” I got up and hugged him. I then handed him the banana. He chuckled before peeling it. He gave the banana to me and I ate it. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I sat back down on the floor.

Someone banging on the door made us look at each other. It kind of frightened me. Matt and Brian got up and went to the door. I got up to and stayed behind them both. Matt slowly opened the door to reveal a mad Zacky.

“Where the fuck is Ali? Where’s Jimmy?” Zacky shouted.

Brian wrapped his arms around me and pulled to his side.

“I don’t know man. I haven’t seen Ali since yesterday and Jimmy since last night. He went over there to check on Ali.” Matt told him.

“I know he was. He yelled at me at the most inconvenient time! I wake up to find Ali gone and Jimmy. Johnny and Lacey don’t know where they are. He also won’t answer his fuckin’ phone.”

“Calm down Zack. He probably is spending time with Ali.” Brian spoke.

“Well he didn’t have my permission to!”

“Well it isn’t like you have spent any time with either of your daughters.” Brian raised his voice.

“Like it is my fault. You won’t let me see them!”

“That is bullshit!” Matt spoke.

“Yeah? Well at least I’m not the one who is neglecting Ali!” Zacky yelled.

It was silent for a few moments. I knew what he said was true. Everyone had been trying to make me feel better.

“Yeah you have.” I spoke up. Zacky’s eyes shot toward me. Matt stiffened and Brian held me closer to him.

“I’m pretty sure that you have no say in this. Also, don’t talk to your dad like that.” Zacky hissed at me.

“It’s not like you act like a dad! You are about as bad as mom! At least it is somewhat better here than it was with mom.” I yelled. I felt tears running down my cheeks.

Zacky glared at me. “You going to wish that you were with you mom still when I wh-” He didn’t finish his sentence because Matt punch him in the jaw.

“You won’t lay a hand on her. You won’t lay a hand on Ali either. They both will stay here until you stop being an asshole. Go ahead and call the police. You have witnesses that will tell them that you have been neglecting your daughters. I love you man but you need to grow the fuck up and take care of your girls. I don’t want them to go to a foster home. I know that you probably don’t either. They are better to stay here for now until you actually decided you will take care of them. It’s not even our job to do so and we could turn you in but we haven’t. We love them a lot and don’t want them to be taken away. Now go home and calm down. Think about what I said. I will try to find out where Jimmy and Ali are and make sure she is alright. Alight?” Matt told Zacky.

Zacky grumbled an ‘alright’ before leaving.

“I thought he was going to hit her. I wasn’t going to let that happen.” Brian told Matt as we walked back to the living room. I guess Val and Michelle weren’t here. They would have been downstairs with all the yelling.

“He needs to get his shit together and grow the fuck up. He has daughters to take care of now.” Matt mumbled as he sat back down.

Brian sat back down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. I didn’t know that tears were still falling until Brian began wiping them away.

“Shh, everything will be alright.” Brian smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfits

comments? I am 4 subscribers away for having the same amount of subscribers on this story and My Daddy is a Rockstar.

Chapter Title: The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

also check out this story Hollowed Out Heart