Status: hiatus until I get my muse back

Anything but Ordinary

You Sure Love Batman

“I can see that Batman is your favorite” Brian mumbled to himself as he looked around the little girl’s room it didn’t seem like a little girl’s room. There were no pink or any light colors that indicate that this is Kyree’s room it looked more like a little boy’s room. Everything was filled with Batman and if there are certain things that weren’t they were black and blue just like Batman himself.

The older man has been sitting in the room with Kyree for almost two hours as she showed him each of the action figures that she has in her disposal. For a four year old she really knew how to take care of her belongings when it came to Batman it looked untouched while the other ones that she had looked a bit worn.

Her explanation was ‘I didn’t want to risk losing Batman so I bring my other friends to school’ Did that mean that she didn’t have friends? Brian shook his head trying not to jump to conclusions just because she called her toys her friends doesn’t mean anything almost every child had a certain toy that they cling to and call them their friend.

“Who’s your favorite superhero?” Kyree looked up from her toys.

Brian had to think about this one and since the little girl had almost every superhero in her arsenal he picked up one of them stating this was the one that was his favorite. Kyree looked confused “Wonder woman? Why her?”

“Because she’s hot” he knew that she wouldn’t understand as she started to mumble that Wonder woman doesn’t have any fire powers whatsoever. Brian let it go not wanting to explain why Wonder woman was one of his favorite “If not her then my favorite is Wolverine”

Kyree’s hazel eyes sparkled as giving him a toothless grin “That’s one of my favorites too! I like how he can cut through anything with his shiny claws!” she mimicked that moves that she has seen Wolverine do when she watched television.

Brian smiled seeing how much she was so enthusiastic with just her collection of action figures he looked around her Batman filled room before he spotted a shelf in a corner. He got up from his seat to see what was on that shelf “You got everything don’t you?”

Brian learned that he had to think before he spoke around this girl knowing that he would have to put money in the swear jar if he did use profanity in front of her. Kyree ran over to him asking if he wants to see one of the movies since he had time on his hands and didn’t want to go home just yet he randomly picked one of the old cartoons popping into the DVD player before sitting down and getting situated with the little girl.

“One more question, who’s your favorite villain?”

“That’s a toughie…Darth Vader” Brian gave her a look knowing that was not even close to any of the comic book heroes that she was talking about. Letting it go it does count since he is a villain but he was curious as to why he was.

“Why?” he murmured as the show started to appear on the screen.

“His voice sounds really cool” she whispered before she was completely entranced with the show that just started. Even though she has seen these dozens of times it doesn’t take away the effect of the thrill of watching these with someone new.

The hazel eyed girl murmured each word under her breath as Brian started to remember all these old shows that he used to watch as a little kid. He remembered when he was four and sat down watching these old shows in front of the television for hours at a time wishing that he had superpowers.

As childish as this was he wished he had some so he can make Michelle disappear pushing that thought back. Brian didn’t want to think about his girlfriend right now all he need to focus on was spending time with Kyree before his girlfriend came over to pick him up.

It has been hours of them watching countless shows, Ember peaked into the room to see what they were doing. She had to smile lightly seeing the two watching the Justice League; Kyree started to explain to the older man what was going on when he muttered that he know why that bird girl was even a part of the group.

Closing the door Ember walked downstairs “Their watching some of Kyree’s programs” looking at their mother who was watching some of her shows as well. Angel had to chuckle “Typical Ky taking in another hostage. I better call Michelle before she gets suspicious”

The mother started to dial the number that was on her phone and waiting for the younger woman to pick up the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Michelle. It’s Angel”

“Hi, um, is Brian still with you guys?”

Angel confirmed that he was and told her the address since they were done with their ‘meeting’ and now he was watching some shows with her youngest daughter. Michelle didn’t say anything else but told her that she would be over there in twenty. Angel sighed feeling the anger coming off of Michelle even from the edge of her tone.

“Was she mad?” Angel’s hazel eyes looked at her pale daughter who was sitting right next to her other than her Ember could sense when the mother was getting frustrated. “I think any girlfriend would be a bit upset having their boyfriend disappears for the night” she murmured.

Ember nodded before switching her focus on the television screen seeing House mock some of his workers before limping off. The white haired girl giggled as she situated herself in her seat for the next twenty minutes. When the bell rang she murmured that she would get it getting off the couch she walked towards the door and swung it open revealing a dark haired woman.

Michelle withheld her shock as she composed herself “I’m here for Brian”

Ember pursed her lips “Follow me” opening the door wider for the woman to walk in before closing it behind her. Walking up the steps she felt the stare of the older woman on her back as she trailed behind her to Kyree’s room. Knocking softly she called out “Brian?”

There was no response so she opened the door to see that Kyree and Brian were lying on the Batman covers of her bed eyes still glued to the screen. “Brian” Michelle called out making the black haired man tense as he turned his head before muttered a curse.

“Swear jar!” Kyree shouted as she held out a hand to Brian expecting some money to fall onto her hand; Brian sighed “Sorry Ky I don’t have money on me today but when I will make sure to give you the money”

Kyree pouted before her hazel eyes finally saw the woman that she recognized “Hey you’re that lady who stole Pinkly!”

“Brian…let’s go” Michelle ignored the little girl’s rant as she walked closer to her boyfriend who gave her agitated look. Complying with her wishes he stood up telling the hazel eyed girl that he had to leave “Aw, can’t you stay a little longer?”

He shook his head “I’ve already been here for hours and my girlfriend wants to spend some time with me.”

Kyree crawled over to him as they were eye level she whispered “She doesn’t seem like a nice girlfriend”

“She is don’t let her frown fool you”

The four year old gazed at the black haired girl before looking back at the man before her “I can be a nicer girlfriend for you and we can watch cartoons all day!” she shouted at the end “So will you stay if I was your girlfriend instead?”

Ember fought back a smile when she saw that Michelle frowned deepened at the suggestion they couldn’t hear what Brian said to Kyree but she just nodded grimly with small tears in her eyes. Hugging him she muttered something like he better come back soon or she wouldn’t speak to him ever again.

Brian laughed “Sound like a girlfriend already” patting her curly head before standing up and following his girlfriend out of the room and into the living room where Angel was sitting waiting for them to come back down stairs.

“Thank you for taking him in for the night and calling me since someone refused to call me” Michelle glared at Brian who shrugged.

“You’re welcome. Brian I’ll see you tomorrow…sober” pointing at him with a knowing look.

The guitarist nodded “Sure. See you later Blu”

As the couple waved to the two women Michelle stomped towards her car getting in waiting for Brian to join her before starting the car and driving off the residence. It was silent for a minute as she tried to collect herself from what has happened “Were you ever going to call me?”

“I was just about to but then I started to drink and you know how that goes”

“No I don’t! I feel like I don’t know you anymore! You aren’t the Brian that I fell in love with! Where did he go? Huh? I was worried about you all night and then suddenly some woman calls me saying you’re at her house”

Brian squeezed his eyes tightly rubbing them roughly before glancing at his fuming girlfriend “What are you trying to say Michelle?”

The grip on the steering wheel was tightened as her lips were in a tight line “There is only one reason why you go to a woman’s house drunk and that is to fuck her. Did you fuck Angel?”

Brian choked on air as he heard those words coming out of her mouth “Do you fucking hear yourself? You think I would screw my own manager? She has two daughters for Christ’s sake!”

“Hasn’t stopped you before!”

“That was once and we weren’t even together at that time so don’t bring that shit up when it never concerned you” he spat back.

It was silent again as he glanced at his girlfriend seeing the hurt seeping through her eyes he sighed slumping his shoulders as he ran a hand through his hair “I’m sorry for getting drunk okay? It’s just been really rough on me”

“You think it’s not tough on everyone? We all miss him Brian” Michelle bit her lip to stop it from quivering.

Brian felt horrible for what he has said and when she parked the car in front of their house he pulled her into his arms muttering how much he was sorry for doing those things to her. Was he really sorry? Honestly, he didn’t know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw Michelle and Brian made up :p sorry but for some reason I felt like Brian would actually comfort her instead of being an asshole to her all the time xD
Thanks for the comments

michelle t

hachie

magmababe141

emo_vamp210

You guys ROCK!!!!