Melinda the Servent

Chapter Four

Standing up I excused myself for I have jobs to do and some of them where really big. I have to wash their clothes, as well as their laundry. They go through three sets of sheets a week. How can one family be so messy? it beats me. There is no way anyone could figure that out anyway there are many jobs that my mother has left me to do so I hope I can do them as well as she did. My mother, it is so hard to believe that she is gone and the was my Lord said that I had a week of cleaning before I can go and have time to deal with my loss. He is nice but he is also very mysterious at times. Even his wife doesn’t even understand him anymore. My Lord Black has changed so much over the years that no one in the family understands him. He does some strange things that even I don’t understand him as well as I use to. But then again I have found some strange things in his room when other people have been here.

As I finished my other jobs that where only small, then the hard work was going to start. The very first one that I’m going to tackle is My Lord’s room. I have to clean it to perfection so he will be pleased. It takes me two and a half hours to clean it and make the bed which is really big, I would have asked for some help but I know if I did I would by putting my mother’s name at shame. But then again there was nothing I wouldn’t do for it was my job to make sure that everything was in its right place and everything was clean. Some of the things that I had to do before I left with Leo to the country side was huge no matter what I had done in the past they always seemed to find something even bigger than the last one. My master’s bedroom was the biggest challenge of then all for I had a time limit to clean it in. Then there was only a few days left before I could leave but I had to do some of the smaller jobs before the day that I leave.

The day that we were meant to leave he had asked me to make him a cup of tea and to meet him in his study room. I know this was a dangerous place for me to go when I would be going alone. As I made my way to the kitchen to do what I was asked, I found Leo standing in the doorway of the kitchen. There were two ways you could enter the kitchen one: through the lounge room or by entering by a door with stairs leading to the kitchen door, which then leads into the kitchen. The first door to leave the kitchen via stairs was where I found him. As I made my way to announce my presents he turned and jumped when he saw me. I didn’t know what to say at the time, so I went to do what I was asked and he just stared at me while I was working.

His staring was starting to annoy me but I also liked the way he was looking at me. No one would have looked at me that way, especially someone with his statues and wealth. They all thought mingling with some one of a lower class was bad for their appearance. Our friendship has been kept a secret because they didn’t want others to know that they let their maid/ slave live on their land. All they know was that the place where I stay is a shed that house their horse and other animals that they have. If it were up to me I would have told all my friends that Lee and I where friends but to help keep their appearance I didn’t tell anyone.

There was something about the way that Leo was looking at me that gave away what he might be thinking. I just hoped that there was a chance that my father would come looking for me but my hopes where only small. The last thing I remember my mother telling me before she got really sick was “Don’t let your father find you. If he does you status will rise in society and you will be forced to marry someone of your own class. Lesson and lesson carefully, your father is not of the normal kind, I wouldn’t even say human but he will make you life a lot easier but the hard life is the best way to be for you.” Knowing that my mother was only looking out for me but it was only a matter of time til he did find me and I know that for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I take no credit, full credit goes to my friend Amber.