Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Cry for Help (Electronic Joker)

I spot Jet Star and Ghoul walking to the car as me and Kobra skip towards the sunset, they wave at us.

“That means Cyanide and Poison are alone…” I cheekily grin at Kobra, who looks less than impressed.

“What do you think they’re doing?” I chuckle, running ahead of him slightly, turning towards him but not letting go of his hand.

“I do not want to think about that, thank you very much,” he smirks, playing his fingers around mine.

I return to his side, staring at the sunset beyond us and the methane skies above us. “You know…” I say, I look down at my feet as I can feel his eyes upon me. “…that was my first kiss…” I mumble, hoping he didn’t hear, but he did.

“Seriously?” he looked at me, shocked. I try to hide behind my fringe in embarrassment but we come to a stop as he gently lifts up my face to his.

“Ready for your second?” he asks, I stare into his eyes, I could finally see them for he had taken off his glasses for once. His eyes...they were hazel, like Poisons, but...different. They had a different shape than his, but to me, they looked even more amazing than his brother's.

I nod. He closes his eyes and I close mine, the electric tingle runs through me as he kisses me. I lightly run my fingers through his blonde streaks and he puts his arms around my waist, our other hands still stayed connected at our sides. I never wanted them to part, I never wanted this kiss to stop.

He pulls away ever so slightly, our noses are touching and he nuzzles mine and strokes my cheek lightly with his thumb. I shiver at his soft touch.

“Holy shit…” I whisper.

He giggles and walks ahead, pulling me by the arm to follow him. I obey and we walk a little further along the outskirt of the zone. Kobra looks over to his left and nudges me.

“Look," he raises his hand to point at something, a little diner. I don’t take the best shine at diners because of past experiences. Kobra spots my uncertainty.

“What?” he asks, we had stopped.

“What if they…you know, report us?” I ask, I look behind him to the diner to try and see if there’s anyone in there, I only spot one head buried in a newspaper.

“Then we do what we always do.” I look up at him. “Run.” He smiles and tugs me towards the diner. I sigh and follow on. After all, I feel safe with him. We carefully open the door and look around; there’s no evil waitress, no on the edge customers, just one perfectly ordinary looking man sitting, reading a newspaper. I sigh in relief.

Kobra leads me to a table right at the back of the diner. I sit down and watch him as he makes his way towards the counter, and leans on his elbows over the counter, and I sneak a quick peek at his ass and nod in approval, giggling to myself quietly. He rumbles through something under the counter, his arm jumps over the top and plunks a tin onto it before returning to continue it’s search.

The same sort of tin of food that I consumed in the diner the other day. The BL/ind logo was on both sides, I felt as if it was staring at me, no…staring into my soul, trying to change it. I shook my head and watched as Kobra grabbed the tins and walked back over and placed one in front of me and another in front of himself as he sat down.

“How romantic,” I giggle, I prod at the tin and hear him giggle too. he really should do this more often. Kobra grabs my tin to open it, and I spot something in the corner of my eye; an old television. I had been holding grudges against televisions for a while because of what happened, but… I suppose if that hadn’t happened then I wouldn’t have met Kobra, or any of the others. I have no idea where I would be...probably dusted. I reach out and press the on button, and I jump at the white noise, and then flick through the transmissions. I stop at a news report, I guess it’ll be alright…

It’s the same man, the one with the weird comb over. I’m distracted from it as Kobra plonks the tin down in front of me, along with a fork. I grab the fork and scoop up a pile of beans, putting them in my mouth, forgetting that the last time I had eaten these; I wasn’t using my taste buds.

“Blargh!” I say, wanting to spit it out. Kobra chuckles to himself, swallowing a mouthful. “I know, I guess I’m sorta used to it now..."

I swallow and gag, but I’m so fucking hungry I force another mouthful down. I try to take my mind off of the taste by turning to watch the television. It’s a news report about the drugging of the air; God that brings back bad memories.

Ten minutes pass and I’m deep in watching a children’s cartoon, laughing along with it when suddenly it flashes, the screen was red from what I saw, but I swear I could see some black writing on it. It flashed again, but for longer this time. I still couldn’t see what it said. I turn to Kobra who’s just as engrossed in what just happened as I am, I turn back to the screen, it flashes once again, and stays there.

“Run. Don’t take the pill.” it says, Kobra’s face is gaping at the screen as is mine. That sounds like something we’d say.

“Did you guys…?” Before I can continue I see that Kobra is shaking his head because he knows what I was going to ask. The red screen goes off and the cartoon continues.

We sit in shock for about five minutes. I think about it, I would try and find another. I reached out and flicked to the next transmission. Nothing. I flick to the next and leave it and turn to Kobra, but I don’t stay there for long.

“ScccccccchhhhhH-HELP!” A voice screams, I turn back to the televison, an image of a girl dressed in Killjoy attire behind here looked like a battle zone, flashes up and then back off, and then back on.

“ScccchhPLEASE, SEND HELP! SccccchhhhhWE’VE BEEN AMBUSHED! WE NEED HE-Sccccchhhhhhh” I chuck a glance at Kobra, who’s jaw is on the floor.

“WE’RE IN ZONE TW-Scccccchhhhhh-PLEASE HELP US Sccccchhhbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”

The screen went into the technicolor stripes. I sat back.

“We need to go.” says Kobra, I nod straight away without thinking and follow on behind him as he runs out of the diner. We run down the way we came back and straight into the shack.

“Did you see it?” asked Kobra, as we ran into the living room, Poison, Cyanide and a person in some sort of dance outfit we’re all sat around a small portable television. Poison did not break his gaze with the beeping screen; He just nodded, eyes on the screen.

“Yep." he said. Cyanide looked at me, and I looked at her. We were both terrified at what we had just seen.