Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Two Hours Too Late. (Electronic Joker)

I slump onto the sofa

“Jeez, drama is tiring," I sighed.

“Mm,” Kobra chuckles and slumps next to me, putting an arm around me, yet another one he didn’t get. I rest my head on his chest.

“You lovebirds want some coffee?” asks Jet Star, flicking on the kettle.

“Yes please!” I giggle and look up to Kobra.

“Yeah, thanks mate,” he smiles at Jet Star as he starts getting out two more cups, he glances a look at Ghoul who’s engrossed in an old Batman comic with a cigarette in his mouth. He looks up from it and nods at Jet Star, Jet Star proceeds to get out a third cup for him.

“So, what did you say to her?” I ask, looking up at him, he looked down to me from the television.

“Well, she told me what happened and thought it was all her fault, I just said it wasn’t, you know…how about you?”

“Pretty much the same” I sigh, “although I was a bit angry with him at first, I thought he’d hurt her or something…”

“Who? Gerard? He’d never hurt anyone on purpose except Dracs and Korse.”

“Yeah I know, it’s just the first thing that came to mind, you know, seeing her like that and all...” he nodded and then we’re both interrupted by the two entering back into the shack. Poison had Cyanide in his arms, they were kissing and not looking at anyone, just focusing on each other. Poison takes her to his room as we hear the door close.

“….Well…I think they sorted it out…” I burst out laughing as does Kobra. I stop as I catch his eyes again, lost in their hazel glaze. I reach up and kiss him, our tongues locking together, lips moving in sync.

“Ahem.” We both stop and turn our heads to face Jet Star with our coffees, a big smirk on his face.

“You ordered coffee?” he grins, putting the cups on the table in front of us.

“Thank you.” We say in exact unison, both giggling. I look around and notice that the siblings are still nowhere to be seen, and I start to worry. I stop Jet Star just as he turns.

“Uh, Ray? Where are the brother and sister?” I feel that concern has replaced my happiness.

“Good point…” he pulls up the sleeve of his jacket and glances at his watch. “they’ve been gone a good two and half hours.”

I turn to Kobra, “That’s a long time…” I say, he senses my concern.

“Yeah, we should go and see if we can find them,” I nod and get up, taking him with me.

Jet Star nods, “Do you want me to come?” I shake my head,

“No, s’alright man, you’ve been slaving away for us today, take a rest!” I smile at him and he smiles back, patting me on the back and walking to his room.

“Ghoul, we’re popping out for a bit.” says Kobra moving his glasses up his face. Ghoul nods from behind the comic, not really paying any attention, and waves us off.

"Yeah, go out, have fun, be safe...all that shit," he said. Kobra lead me out the door and into the blistering sun, I pull up my bandana, as does he. Acid winds are strong today, as Dr. D warned us earlier.

“Where do you think they went?” I ask as we walk away from the shack, he shakes his head,

“I don’t know...let’s just keep walking, we might find them.” I nod and shuffle closer towards him.

“We forgot to ask Poison and Cyanide if they wanted to come.” he said.

“No…I think they’re busy already…” I say, smirking up at him.

“With what?” I burst out laughing,

“Oh Mikey...” I giggle, leaning my head against his shoulder.